Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank Nation

vCash
    we have to trade some assets to get back something better. Its better to trade seldomly used players that have potential and get accoplished stars. Otherwise, the raptors will lose a lottery pick to OKC. Like, legit, trade ross, ed davis, bargnani and calderon. Yes, they produce at times, but you have to give to get. I rather trade seldomly used players who may be decent in order to get accomplished players. Like ross will be at most, if lucky, a solid ppg scorer, defender and rebounder. He will be no all star or LBJ. Derozan cannot play the small foward. SF like Gay just ate his food today.
    GO hard after josh smith, and make the playoffs. He would be at least a 20/10/3/3 guy in Toronto.

To atlanta:
    Andrea Bargnani
    Jose Calderon
    Terrance Ross ( or ed davis)

To Toronto
    Devin Harris
    Josh smith

Or perhaps just josh smith.

Waive Mcguire, and sign Pietrus. Anyone else think jonas isnt a good rebounder?His defense hasnt been that good either tbh.

Lowry
    Derozan
    Pietrus
    Smith
    Valancunais

Would be enough to make the playoffs. BC needs to make moves fast. You cant lose alottery overall pick to OKC, it would be a dynasty for them
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    the pick is top 3 protected so if were this bad for the remainder of the season its still belongs to the raptors

vCash
    If Raptors are to make a move I would let BC go. He had lots of chances to do better, but somehow he missed the right composition every time, except the first year when Raptors were Atlantic champions. The biggest negative with BC is that he seems to always do things based on inspiration rather than logic. you cannot build sound strategies based only on inspiration. You need a logical plan to do it.
    I would hesitate letting BC administer whatever trading value is left on this team. We might end up with another O'neal type of player out of desperation to fix a bad situation.

I would bring a new experienced GM and let him do the changes for the team.
    I won't agree to trade any expiring contracts or young players while BC is still GM.

There are some positives this season:
    Demar, Ed and Val play better than expected. Ross seems to have potential to be the slasher this team desperately misses.

As negative:
    Lowry needs to put his act together and become the PG he can be.
    Bargs will never be an impact player in NBA but he can be effective as a forth option on a good team.
    Amir is limited defensively and offensively his game is solely based on adrenaline. Whit age he will become less useful because of his lack of fundamentals.
    Fields is a big fiasco so far and I don't know if he will ever be the player that earn his money.

I won't mind giving one more year at least to coach Casey.
    Last edited by the life; 11-29-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Who are we better than?
    Washington
    Sacramento
    Cleveland
    Detroit
    New Orleans (if they don't get Gordon back)
    Charlotte
    Orlando
    and probably a couple more teams.

vCash
    I say tank next year, or if possible double tank this and next year. Next year is the year for Wiggins, not only is he a stud prospect but we all know where he's from. Double tank this year for Zeller/Noel. Next year for Wiggins.

Lowry
    DeMar/Ross
    Wiggins
    Zeller/Noel
    Jonas

That is a team capable of something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I say tank next year, or if possible double tank this and next year. Next year is the year for Wiggins, not only is he a stud prospect but we all know where he's from. Double tank this year for Zeller/Noel. Next year for Wiggins.

Lowry
    DeMar/Ross
    Wiggins
    Zeller/Noel
    Jonas

That is a team capable of something.
    Odds of getting a Top 3 pick this year AND the #1 overall next year?
    Last edited by pebloemer; 11-29-2012 at 08:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AntwanN21 View Post
    We need a proper rebuild big time. Shabazz, Wiggins, Valanciunas. Now that I could get on board with.
    Rather get Zeller as he fits next to Jonas. Even Noel and Jonas inside defensively will make us beastly on that end. We can get by Wiggins and either Ross or DeMarr. We can trade Bargs for something.

Nothing against Shabazz but adding him and Wiggins with Ross, DeMarr, and Fields on our team will only get the wings cluttered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Odds of getting a Top 5 pick this year AND the #1 overall next year?
    If the odds suck, I would personally tank for Wiggins and most would agree.

vCash
    If the odds suck, I would personally tank for Wiggins and most would agree.
    It is also actually a Top 3 pick we need this year to keep it. I don't mind us have good lottery odds to have a shot at those Top 3 selections, but planning for consecutive Top 3 picks (in 2014 it will likely have to be #1 overall to get Wiggins) has a very low probability of working out. Then again, moving forward with this core might also have a low probability of working out (with a lower ceiling).

vCash
    its hard hope for losses when even if we get a top 3 worst record we still probably get screwed by david stern and his draft lottery. might as well win as much as we can i'll puke if the thunder get harden 2.0 shabazz muhammad.

vCash
    Rather get Zeller as he fits next to Jonas. Even Noel and Jonas inside defensively will make us beastly on that end. We can get by Wiggins and either Ross or DeMarr. We can trade Bargs for something.

Nothing against Shabazz but adding him and Wiggins with Ross, DeMarr, and Fields on our team will only get the wings cluttered.
    not really. two starters(derozan,shabzz) and their backups. amnesty or trade kleiza.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    not really. two starters(derozan,shabzz) and their backups. amnesty or trade kleiza.
    Wiggins (is included in this scenario) is better than Shabazz, some may even argue as of now. Getting both who will start and who will be on the bench? Still minutes will be hard to come by and 4 lotto picks on the wings (redundant in my view). We can always package someone in a trade, so it can work out either way drafting a big and Wiggins or Shabazz and Wiggins.

EDIT: On further thought as bad as the Raptors are BPA may be the way to go. Of the three Zeller/Noel/Shabazz it's hard to tell as of now who's the best. Zeller = least ceiling but most stable pick, Noel = highest ceiling but least stable, and Shabbazz has the best combination of the two ingredients. As I mentioned trades can always happen if there is too much talent in one area.
    Last edited by Heediot; 11-29-2012 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Washington
    Sacramento
    Cleveland
    Detroit
    New Orleans (if they don't get Gordon back)
    Charlotte
    Orlando
    and probably a couple more teams.
    I donít think we are better than any of these teams. We are not worse either. We are simply part of this tier of teams in the NBA.

vCash
    embarrassing thread people.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Being 16 games in and 10 under .500 is the reality of our situation right now. It boils down to either one of; we are gonna make up those games, going 38-28 the rest of the way and sneak in, or, we won't. If its part two, we need to have our pick. We can't afford to lose it if we're the 4th or 5th worst team in the league.

I'm not saying to give up just yet, but we are at a crossroads right now. We need help, badly.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast