Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank Nation

vCash
    This is exactly what the raptors need to do and should have done the moment bosh was giving signs he wasn't going to resign with the raptors. IMO when The joneal experiment failed we should have blew it up.

1) fire BC or let him go after the season
    2) trade all players not name Jonas and Ross for young players, picks and try to tank hard. Giving derozan an extension before even letting him test free agency was the worst move ever as well as trading a lottery pick for Lowry. Derozan isn't worth more than the MLE the guy would be trash on a contender. U also never give up a lottery pick for average players. Doesn't matter how crappy a draft is if u scout properly u can always find talent anywhere.
    3) focus on drafting at least top 5 carefully for the next 4 years and we may have a chance
    4) stock up on picks, another problem with this franchise is that we never have more than one first rounders or even some more 2nd rounders to try to accelerate our rebuild.

When was the last time we had more than 1st rounder? Correct me if I am wrong but I can only think of 2 years we had 2 first rounders 1999, and 2005 and in those years we drafted (Jonathan bender, Alec radavich ( can't spell his name), Charlie V, and Joey graham... Pretty much all BUSTS)

Hire a better staff that can scout and draft and a gm with a vision of rebuilding like the thunder is a good start.

I don't mind too much if we suck but if we had promising talent to build around and watch them grow is much more excited than these bums

Think of when we had carter and tmac we weren't really contenders yet but damn it was so fun to watch!!!
    Last edited by phoenix_bladen; 12-08-2012 at 10:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_bladen View Post

I don't mind too much if we suck but if we had promising talent to build around and watch them grow is much more excited than these bums

Think of when we had carter and tmac we weren't really contenders yet but damn it was so fun to watch!!!

Those Raptor days are 100000X better then even having to watch a team like the Hawks who get similiar record/similiar playoff success. Raptors SHOULD tank to get superstar talent again. Trying to build a "solid team" just doesn't cut it if you're not a large market team.. You just need to get lucky that your superstar gets enough talent around him.

like I said before, if the Raptors don't try to head for a new superstar just sign Vince for SOME sort of entertainment/drama. I know that's something a ***** ex-gf would do just for some sort of entertainment but it's true for this case. Raptors are "lonely". In the meantime until a new great talent is brought into Toronto sign Vince (3$ mill anyway..) for something to look forward to. You cant say you really look forward to each game anymore..

vCash
    i like raptors offense 1-2 passes and shot....this coach is real offensive genius

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Those Raptor days are 100000X better then even having to watch a team like the Hawks who get similiar record/similiar playoff success. Raptors SHOULD tank to get superstar talent again. Trying to build a "solid team" just doesn't cut it if you're not a large market team.. You just need to get lucky that your superstar gets enough talent around him.

like I said before, if the Raptors don't try to head for a new superstar just sign Vince for SOME sort of entertainment/drama. I know that's something a ***** ex-gf would do just for some sort of entertainment but it's true for this case. Raptors are "lonely". In the meantime until a new great talent is brought into Toronto sign Vince (3$ mill anyway..) for something to look forward to. You cant say you really look forward to each game anymore..
    Market? What does market have to do with anything? The Raptors have one of the biggest markets in the NBA...

vCash
    At this point I hope the Raptors don't give any stupid false hope. They need to be bad enough to lan a top 3 pick to save this season from absolute disaster. The Raptors are not going to sniff the playoffs.

If the Raptors can land a top 3 pick, then in the offseason it would be time to shed some dead weight.

vCash
    I hope we give up our pick to OKC this year. I'd rather have the likes of a Wiggins then a Mohammed.

vCash
    we need to get rid of calderon, bargs, klieza. not because i don't like euro's, i do, just because these three all suck. there are plenty of good euro's in the league, unfortunately we don't have any of them.

klieza can shoot but he makes so many plays that are just so dumb it cancels out any good he does on the court.

calderon can't play d or break down his man.. if his shot ain't goin in he is useless.

bargs we all know why he gotta bounce

BC needs to go. he is right, it isn't just talent that is the problem.. it is also coaching, accountability, effort, defense, offense, and rebounding.(although the effort was improved in the clippers game today).

casey needs to go. his rotations and his ability to coach offense is brutal, and his defense has gone to ***** too.

this team is pretty deep in the sh*tter right now and i don't see an easy way outta it.

/end rant

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    when this thread was made I thought it was premature, but Tmath couldn't have been any more correct in making this. Our franchise is a ****ing joke...BC mentioned us winning too much games last year so maybe he'll hold our best guys out and tank the living **** outta this season

vCash
    The Tank is strong in this one

vCash
    This team has officially checked out -- needs a serious overhaul with BC and casey out. Bargnani as well, pathetic useless lug.

vCash
    I didn't even want to be on the tank, but this team is giving me no choice.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_ory_2005 View Post
    I didn't even want to be on the tank, but this team is giving me no choice.
    Join the dark side bruh

vCash
    I can believe im looking at prospects in college

vCash
    So it doesn't look there's much of a choice now.

vCash
    Shabbaz '13, future SG
    Wiggins '14, future SF

unless i'm misinformed of other top prospecta we should be looking at. Shabazz is an awesome name for a superstar IMO

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast