Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Tank Nation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    So I'm guessing your solution would also keep tanking until we find one and then hope to god if we still have a team then the guy will attract others and put it all together.
    yes. The Raptors are one of those teams that no marquee free agent will go to. You have to build from the draft and hope for the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    No, but any amount of sucess we've had is from the draft. The higher and more potential the pick is the higher the Raptors cieling is. We aren't getting a Superstar through FA, and getting one through trade requires the stars to align. The draft Is the most realistic way our team can achieve real success.

Also our players currently cannot hold a candle to those Piston teams in any way.
    I wasn't comparing are team to the pistons at all, I was just using them as an example of a team that didn't build through the draft by tanking for a saviour.
    I just hate the thought of consistently being horrible on purpose for such a small chance at a superstar, then a small chance that this superstar gets what he needs around him to win. It might be hard to trade for an franchise type but it's not impossible to trade for a teams pick and get a lucky well improving are team as a whole.

vCash
    The more I think about it the more I believe we will have to use the Amsesty clause an Bargs, I looked over every NBA team and can't forsee anyone wanting his 10 mil salary for the next few years. Unless we take a terrible contract on. Which we definetly shouldn't.

Also kleiza is absolutely useless and we should just trade him for a washing machine like Woody Harrelson's character in semi pro.

We need to move Calderon while he has value and include one of our dead weight peices in the deal if possible.

BC must be fired after this season at the latest. sooner than later preffered.

If we ams bargs and get rid of Calderon and kleiza that should create enough cap space to bring someone that can actually help the team. ie.. Star wing & Defensive Big to bring Val along.

vCash
    Bargs has no value but you can find a trade for Klieza? You need a reality check.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Bargs has no value but you can find a trade for Klieza? You need a reality check.
    Who could we possibly get for Kleiza that would help us?

vCash
    Bargs has good trade value. Klieza is the one I'm concerned about. I would be trying to get a medical exemption for him. If not possible, he's the one you save the amnesty for if you can't trade him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    yes. The Raptors are one of those teams that no marquee free agent will go to. You have to build from the draft and hope for the best.
    That's exactly what the Raps have been doing the past 2 seasons. Now we have to wait and evaluate the talent over a period of time.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    at 4.5 million dollars kleiza is much easier to deal than Bargnani. its got nothing to do with who has more "talent".
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    How many games has KleiZa played this year? His knee is toast. That's the reason I think he's harder to move. 10 for Bargs isn't a big deal.

vCash
    How many games has KleiZa played this year? His knee is toast. That's the reason I think he's harder to move. 10 for Bargs isn't a big deal.
    i know, but you will more than likely have to match salaries. there are tons of scenarios that could involve Kleiza because the salary is way smaller. not nearly as many for Bargs.

we will likely either have to take back someone elses albatross or the other team will have to give up multiple players for Bargnani to make the salaries match. would you give up multiple players for Bargnani right now? eek.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i know, but you will more than likely have to match salaries. there are tons of scenarios that could involve Kleiza because the salary is way smaller. not nearly as many for Bargs.

we will likely either have to take back someone elses albatross or the other team will have to give up multiple players for Bargnani to make the salaries match. would you give up multiple players for Bargnani right now? eek.
    pretty much our only option is trade bargs 4 a late 1st or 2nd round pick and amnesty kleiza. clear 15 mil off the books sounds good to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    pretty much our only option is trade bargs 4 a late 1st or 2nd round pick and amnesty kleiza. clear 15 mil off the books sounds good to me.
    how is that going to work exactly? teams with cap space are usually the sucky ones, not the ones with picks late in the 1st round. the teams with the late first round picks are usually the ones that are already operating over the cap and would have to send 10 mil in salaries back.

vCash
    I don't mind having Andrea come off the bench. He could easily put up 10+ points in a hurry. Also playing alongside Amir would help him on the defensive end.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819