Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank Nation

vCash
    Rose from chicago------Chicago get 1 pick
    Lebron from Cleveland-----Cavs get 1 pick
    Wiggins from Canada-----Raptors get 1 pick

NBA Draft is rigged

vCash
    I am suggesting the draft is rigged, but I'm more so saying: even if it isn't, the nba would be smart to rig it this once. Wiggins in TO would do more for the nba an basketball as a hole than Rose or Lebron did. They would be stupid not to.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I am suggesting the draft is rigged, but I'm more so saying: even if it isn't, the nba would be smart to rig it this once. Wiggins in TO would do more for the nba an basketball as a hole than Rose or Lebron did. They would be stupid not to.
    What would it do for the NBA? I don't care where Wiggins is from, I want the best players here. Shouldn't matter to the rest of you either.

vCash
    Not that i want this team to tank because i am tired of losing. But Wiggins here would be amazing. Especially considering that we still have a lot of players that would be attractive to other teams. Derozans value is probably higher than ever and packaging him and Bargs could get us quite a nice return. Then we could have Ross and Wiggins starting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    If we have a lotto pick then there's a very good chance we get wiggins. Nothing will help the sport of basketball as much as him coming to Toronto.
    I found myself just staring at your sig completely zoned out for like 2 minutes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    What would it do for the NBA? I don't care where Wiggins is from, I want the best players here. Shouldn't matter to the rest of you either.
    Matters to me. What's wrong with that?

Honestly I don't want Wiggins here ONLY because he's Canadian, this kid has been a consensus #1 prospect for like 3 years, he's drawn early comparisons to Durant, he's a physical freak with the ability to play 4 positions, he can shoot, he can handle and he sho' nuff can dunk on some fools, he easily outplays the other players that are considered his peers from his draft class. What's wrong with being extra excited about the fact that we may be bad enough to get him and he's also Canadian? Where he's from wouldn't change our record, but much like Nash might have, he could turn heads towards a franchise and sport that don't receive very much recognition in our country. It would help the NBA grow and perhaps be the event that pushes bball into the top-5 most watched sports in Canada. There's more to basketball in Canada than just the Raps, and he could have a pretty profound impact on all of that.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Carter is currently priced at $3 million.. just sayin for the ppl who were down for a return the time is at deadline.. get him back and he'll develop Ross, Derozan in time for next season and keep the crowd interested in the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Carter is currently priced at $3 million.. just sayin for the ppl who were down for a return the time is at deadline.. get him back and he'll develop Ross, Derozan in time for next season and keep the crowd interested in the season
    How will Carter develop Ross or Derozan?

vCash
    i could see carter helping ross if they were the only SG on the team. derozen plays a completely different game than carter though. i could see Kobe helping derozen the most.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    How will Carter develop Ross or Derozan?
    by showing them the way out of town is by not playing hard and sulking.

vCash
    If the raps have another losing year , i think Bryan Colangelo may have to go
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 12-05-2012 at 02:42 AM.

vCash
    Mitchell was on the radio this morning, he says that the Raptors shouldn't tank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    i could see that happening if we didnt just sign pietrus... we already have derozan, ross, fields, kleiza, pietrus & anderson. i dont know how another wing player would help us unless it was a significant upgrade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Mitchell was on the radio this morning, he says that the Raptors shouldn't tank.
    sam mitchell ?

for once i agree with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    i could see that happening if we didnt just sign pietrus... we already have derozan, ross, fields, kleiza, pietrus & anderson. i dont know how another wing player would help us unless it was a significant upgrade.
    I've watched Vince all year, he's a significant upgrade at this point. No bias, he plays/looks like he should have coming after 2008-2009 season with the Nets (before he went to Magic). Comparing video he's in better shape and moving better this year then he was with Orlando and after. Pietrus will have an occasional good game, otherwise he shouldnt be playing anymore then even Fields.

And he would definitely develop Derozan not just Ross. At least be a mentor. You can tell Derozan still doesn't have that polished approach/confidence when he's on the court. Im not gonna be annoying and post all the articles about Vince mentoring Jae Crowder and Mayo but I can if you want..

While Wiggins has a lot of potential I mean so did Derozan.. Tanking just isn't worth it unless it's a promising NBA star or if you're a big city and Stern will rig it for you.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast