Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank Nation

vCash
    i am on board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I still can't see any potential lottery team giving an unprotected 2014 first rounder for anything we can offer them. I think most would consider Lowry our best player and the pick we gave up for him was even protected for a few years.

Unless you can find a dummy team like the Clippers a couple years back who is looking to unload a Baron Davis type contract, I thinking the chances are very slim for us to get a unprotected 2014 first. No one wants to risk giving up a future franchise anchor for anything we can offer on our squad. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it is quite unlikely.
    Nets traded an unprotected first for Gerald Wallace last year. It doesnt happen often but it could happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    Nets traded an unprotected first for Gerald Wallace last year. It doesnt happen often but it could happen
    That pick was protected in the Top 3 actually.

vCash
    Are we even 1/4 into the season, yet? Why talk tank, so early?? At least wait until PAST the trade deadline to see if we make any significant progress, either thru trades or players just getting better. Bun' TankNation!!!!...lol.

Adversaree & Phat Tony Present: Super Emcee

GameBreaker aka Adversaree aka Anakin Slangwalker:PioneerGang
    http://adversareepioneergangmusic.ba...-barz-sinister
    Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvth...ture=g-all-lik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    Are we even 1/4 into the season, yet? Why talk tank, so early?? At least wait until PAST the trade deadline to see if we make any significant progress, either thru trades or players just getting better. Bun' TankNation!!!!...lol.
    If a team is going to tank it should be done basically from the start of the season. Waiting until two thirds of the season is done before looking at tanking is too late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    If a team is going to tank it should be done basically from the start of the season. Waiting until two thirds of the season is done before looking at tanking is too late.
    But, do you overstand that it never used to be this type of thinking, in times before? I jus don't get why "tanking" is the new way of thinking. It basically means that we should jus give up on young players before they get a chance to develop. We're quitting on these guys, way before necessary. Aside from some tweaks, we're not as bad as it looks. We have some PROVEN hard hat players on our team, that produce. Screw the draft, again...let's tweak. Look at this, for example...

When the Cleveland Cavaliers acquired Omri Casspi from the Sacramento Kings before the start of the 2012 season the franchise believed they were receiving their small forward of the future in the deal.

Fast forward nearly 18 months and it appears Casspi may now be the odd man out in Cleveland’s rebuilding plans. The relationship started off as expected with Casspi earning a spot in the team’s starting lineup, but the forward lost his starting role midway through last season to the emerging Alonzo Gee.

Casspi spent a good portion of this past summer working out at Impact Basketball in Las Vegas addressing the areas of his game Cavs head coach Byron Scott said would lead to a more solidified spot in the rotation this season.

However, Casspi is now even further down the depth chart and averaging a career-low 13 minutes per game. The forward is a bit confused by this development after believing he had an understanding with Scott.

“Most of the stuff [coach Scott] told me to work on, I did,” Casspi said to HOOPSWORLD. “I worked on them during the summer. During the season we make the little adjustments we need to make. But other than that we need to just focus on the team perspective. But we worked on my jump shot and other stuff I needed to do this summer.

“I just try to do my job and step by step get more and more minutes. The way to do it is by keep working hard and doing what I need to do on both ends of the floor.

Casspi, the 23rd overall pick of the 2009 draft, was eligible for an early extension but both parties couldn’t agree to a deal before the Oct. 31 deadline. The Cavs now have until June 30 to offer Casspi a qualifying offer, which would then make the forward a restricted free agent and give the franchise the right to match any offer received for his services during free agency.

The fourth year forward says the contract and playing time issues won’t become a distraction, but makes it clear he is now looking forward to testing his market value in free agency and confident his skills will bring in suitors.

“I’m looking forward to free agency to see what’s going to happen and see what [deals] are out there,” Casspi said. “I’m pretty confident where I’m at.”

For now, Casspi admits the biggest adjustment he’s had to make due to his shrinking role is remaining patient when his number is called by Scott as the coach has gained more and more confidence in Gee at small forward.

“You only have a certain time that you play and you want to do so much,” Casspi said. “You have to slow it down sometimes. I agree. It’s something I really thought about earlier. Not trying to get 25 rebounds in the six or seven minutes that I play. Or score twenty points. Take it one step at a time, be aggressive and do what I need to do to help the team win.”

Casspi is averaging career lows in minutes (13.0), points (6.0), rebounds (2.4) and assists (0.3) per game to start the season, but is shooting a career-best 52 percent from three-point range.
    LINK: http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday...-in-cleveland/

Looking at his current #s, I'd say it's a matter of poor coaching/development and he'd do great with our staff. He burns us, all the time and we can use him.

I post this because if we get rid of either Kleiza and/or Fields and land this guy in FA/Trade, our 3 position would be sick, with Le France there, already. SG position filled. I just don't think, in game or out, that Bargs makes a difference to our winning %, so trade him for some quality pieces. Ones that are proven scorer/defenders. Make this a TEAM game, rather than look for a bunch of sexy names with big price tags. Or, one guy who everyone expects to be our savior. Guys who can move the ball around in tough defenses. I notice when teams move the ball around in games, alot, they win them or stay in them. We don't do that, enough. I notice that our half court game is getting mad choppy, sometimes disorganized, even. Anyways, just a thought.
    Last edited by GameBreaker; 12-02-2012 at 11:57 AM.

vCash
    Jus a few tweaks, like I'm saying, and we're in games, way more.

vCash
    Jus a few tweaks, like I'm saying, and we're in games, way more.
    you're preaching to the choir man.

if what you want is someone who will carefully piece together a roster and then allow them to grow together you should be praying for a new GM. this isn't your guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    But, do you overstand that it never used to be this type of thinking, in times before? I jus don't get why "tanking" is the new way of thinking. It basically means that we should jus give up on young players before they get a chance to develop. We're quitting on these guys, way before necessary. Aside from some tweaks, we're not as bad as it looks. We have some PROVEN hard hat players on our team, that produce. Screw the draft, again...let's tweak. Look at this, for example....
    In the NBA, more then any other league, dominant players have a larger impact on winning. Making it basically necesary to have a player or two like this for a chance to win in the league.

In the NBA it is also easier for these players to influence where they are traded and they are much more likely to look to go to a big market. The big name players just don't end up in a city like Toronto in a trade. So for a chance to get one of these players the draft is the only realistic avenue to get them.

Top end NBA prospects are generally identified much better then in the other sports making it more difficult to get that gem superstar later in the draft. To get a chance at that top end player a team generally has to have a top end pick.

Thats where my reasoning comes from in terms of why it is necesary for a team like Toronto.

Looking at his current #s, I'd say it's a matter of poor coaching/development and he'd do great with our staff. He burns us, all the time and we can use him.

I post this because if we get rid of either Kleiza and/or Fields and land this guy in FA/Trade, our 3 position would be sick, with Le France there, already. SG position filled. I just don't think, in game or out, that Bargs makes a difference to our winning %, so trade him for some quality pieces. Ones that are proven scorer/defenders. Make this a TEAM game, rather than look for a bunch of sexy names with big price tags. Or, one guy who everyone expects to be our savior. Guys who can move the ball around in tough defenses. I notice when teams move the ball around in games, alot, they win them or stay in them. We don't do that, enough. I notice that our half court game is getting mad choppy, sometimes disorganized, even. Anyways, just a thought.
    Tweaks to this roster with more role players is not going to make much of a difference. A team game requires good ball movement, the role players the Raps have are not that good at that (this includes DD and Bargs).

vCash
    The ONLY player on this team that is untouchable is Jonas, yes even Kyle Lowry is tradable. At the rate we are going he isn't going to sign an extension. I'd say the Raptors should honstly do as much in their power in obtaining a top 3 pick this year.

vCash

Raptors Lottery!!!

The more I watch this team,the more they look like a lottery team.
    Anyway here is the break down.

Nbadraft.net

Rockets receive the Raptors' 2013 first-round pick (Top 3 protected and 15-30 in 2013, top 2 protected and 15-30 in 2014 and '15, Top 1 protected and 15-30 in 2016 and '17, and unprotected in 2018. (Kyle Lowry trade) (Kyle Lowry trade 07-11-12)
    If u do suck,we better finish in top 3,if not,well they better make the playoffs.
    Bryan Colangelo what were thinking.
    Nothing surprises me with raptors.

vCash
    Damn this forum is getting depressing. It sucks only having interesting forums when it is the off season for TO sports teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    That pick was protected in the Top 3 actually.
    My bad, you're right.

*Almost unprotected*

vCash
    But, do you overstand that it never used to be this type of thinking, in times before? I jus don't get why "tanking" is the new way of thinking. It basically means that we should jus give up on young players before they get a chance to develop. We're quitting on these guys, way before necessary. Aside from some tweaks, we're not as bad as it looks. We have some PROVEN hard hat players on our team, that produce. Screw the draft, again...let's tweak. Look at this, for example...

LINK: http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday...-in-cleveland/

Would rather have Gee.
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    My bad, you're right.

*Almost unprotected*
    But if the plan is to trade for more draft picks to increase the chance of drafting Wiggins in 2014, "almost unprotected" won't help us draft the consensus #1 overall pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBall20 View Post
    The more I watch this team,the more they look like a lottery team.
    Anyway here is the break down.

If u do suck,we better finish in top 3,if not,well they better make the playoffs.
    Bryan Colangelo what were thinking.
    Nothing surprises me with raptors.
    It makes no difference to the Raptor's if the draft spot we give up is 4th overall or 14th overall, so I don't really understand the bolded statement. It makes a huge difference to the Thunder, but none to us. I know the optics look worse, but the roster is unaffected either way. There is an inherent risk in trading draft picks and I felt at the time the Lowry deal was a well calculated risk. I think most others did as well. Obviously Colangelo did too. To be honest I thought Lowry would cost more.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 12-03-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast