Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank Nation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    We're not going to get wiggins unless we trade all of our players for first round picks.

Wonder if Washington will take Lowry for their pick...
    I still can't see any potential lottery team giving an unprotected 2014 first rounder for anything we can offer them. I think most would consider Lowry our best player and the pick we gave up for him was even protected for a few years.

Unless you can find a dummy team like the Clippers a couple years back who is looking to unload a Baron Davis type contract, I thinking the chances are very slim for us to get a unprotected 2014 first. No one wants to risk giving up a future franchise anchor for anything we can offer on our squad. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it is quite unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    It'll be "bribing Silver" by then not Stern.
    Damn, you're right, forgot that old geezer is finally retiring

vCash
    Tank nation already even thought we only have a top three protected pick. The Raptors forum is probably worse than the actual team this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I still can't see any potential lottery team giving an unprotected 2014 first rounder for anything we can offer them. I think most would consider Lowry our best player and the pick we gave up for him was even protected for a few years.

Unless you can find a dummy team like the Clippers a couple years back who is looking to unload a Baron Davis type contract, I thinking the chances are very slim for us to get a unprotected 2014 first. No one wants to risk giving up a future franchise anchor for anything we can offer on our squad. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it is quite unlikely.
    Just being hopeful, it'll be great to have a Canadian lottery pick to play on a Canadian team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Tank nation already even thought we only have a top three protected pick. The Raptors forum is probably worse than the actual team this season.
    Enough said, a pointless crusade because we all know that BC is not joining in.

Unless a drastic change on the top is done, this petition to lose all the way is reserved only to some in this forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post

Unless a drastic change on the top is done, this petition to lose all the way is reserved only to some in this forum.
    Yup. Afraid so, not going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post

I agree, and I still don't understand how tanking can help if we're losing the pick anyway. Wouldn't it be better to prove that our talent can dig out of this hole and maybe end up 10th in the East?

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    3 years in a row our tank commander is going to be a small forward
    Why can't we ever fill in that position with atleast a formidable player

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Last edited by Bob_at_york; 12-03-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: don't post pictures

Go hard in the regular season, take a breather in the playoffs!

vCash
    ^^^ Shabazz Mohammed baby

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    ^^^ Shabazz Mohammed baby
    I'd rather have Wiggins

vCash
    Bun that I'm not tanking 4 consecutive years in a row, I'm getting old, I want to see the playoffs before I die you know.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Bun that I'm not tanking 4 consecutive years in a row, I'm getting old, I want to see the playoffs before I die you know.
    You know what the problem is? We didn't really tank. You don't bring in a defensive coach to tank. You will squeeze out several more wins when you don't want them and not enough when you do, with a team that doesn't have enough talent.

I mean I'm writing this as we beat the faceless suns and it sounds like we just made it to the conference finals. Is this how low expectations have become?

vCash

No it's cause some guys decide to step up their game near the end of the season as opposed to the start and screw us over.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash

No it's cause some guys decide to step up their game near the end of the season as opposed to the start and screw us over.
    We can look at it in many ways. Can't disagree with you that I'd rather not see another rebuild. But we can't say this team "tanked" at least not intentionally. If they did this leadership is really incompetent.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast