Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank Nation

vCash
    Let's play it out. If we lose the pick then it's a couple trades that give us extra draft picks, we try really hard but lose terribly next year and end up with Wiggins. Boom.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    In order to get Wiggins (which should honestly be priority #1 for management), we need to trade every piece outside of Jonas and Ross at this time. The Knicks would be a perfect fit for Bargnani as he'd fit in with Chandler watching his *** on D and spacing the floor from outside with Melo on O.

Derozen would fit any number of teams, Lowry could fetch us a good grab although he's probably the only other guy I'd keep.
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    We're not going to get wiggins unless we trade all of our players for first round picks.

Wonder if Washington will take Lowry for their pick...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    We're not going to get wiggins unless we trade all of our players for first round picks.

Wonder if Washington will take Lowry for their pick...
    They have Wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    They have Wall.
    Wall plays like 2 games a year.

vCash
    It's really tough to get in the tank when we most likely wont have our pick.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    if we tank again we better do it right this time. i am sick of the middling draft picks and mediocre talent and completely different players on the team every year. i cant remember the last time this franchise had any sense of stability.

if we are gonna go a legit rebuild then great, do it. but if BC is gonna keep half ***ing the rebuild we are never gonna be any better than we are now and he needs to gtfo now. hire some patient gm who knows how to build a team from the ground up instead of a bunch of quick fixes.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    I brought this up before the season started....asking how many 2014 unprotected first round lottery picks people thought we could get. I think the consensus was...not many. Therefore, I am not sure there is much they can do to improve their chances other then tanking and getting (in theory at least) the best chance possible at the #1 as they can with their own.

I think we should actually be able to get 3 or 4 more if the only thing too valuable to move is JV. This off season you could blow it up...get draft picks....and then sign a bunch of scrubs on 1 year deals to field a team... There is a good chance we would finish last, and in fear of losing their existence in Canada, we would somehow magically get the number 1 pick and our "hometown hero".....at least if the NBA doesn't own a team at the time....

1.Bargnani- as much as people hate him around here, I think there are a lot of team that struggle to score who would love a big guy who can drop 20 ppg and spread the floor like Bargnani can.

2.Derozan- The better he plays this season, the more teams will be ok with his price tag. He is good young player, but he is no Andrew Wiggins so if the one of the right teams came a knockin I would make that deal.

3. Ross- Again, good young player....but not on the same level as Andrew Wiggins so if it meant likely another solid chance at the number 1 pick in 2014 I would roll the dice.

4.Lowry-If we don't turn things around, I think Lowry will be out the door as soon as he possibly can. Especially if we start trading players for picks. He hates to lose, and I doubt he would want to spend the next few years leading a rebuild. If one of the bottom teams in the NBA offered us their 2014 unprotected 1st round pick I would probably take that deal after this season is over (assuming we can't resign Lowry long term).

You could trade all those guys right now for an expiring contract and a draft pick and still have:

Jose/Lucas
    Fields/McGuire (defenders)
    Anderson/Kleiza (shooters)
    Davis/Amir
    JV/Gray

..plus whatever players you get back as expiring contracts.

vCash
    Accumulate-assets-for-Wiggins time? lol
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    were not even good at tanking. thats the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    were not even good at tanking. thats the problem.
    It doesn't matter where you finish in the standings, it matters what luck you have in the lottery.

If anything, this season might give us another chance at getting that potential Super Star talent in the draft.

I'll say this, if we by any chance land a top 3 draft pick, I like our future better than if we grabbed the 7th or 8th pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    It doesn't matter where you finish in the standings, it matters what luck you have in the lottery.

If anything, this season might give us another chance at getting that potential Super Star talent in the draft.

I'll say this, if we by any chance land a top 3 draft pick, I like our future better than if we grabbed the 7th or 8th pick.
    Actually, I think we just need to bribe Stern a bit and he'll see that Wiggins is a Canadian and hand us the #1 draft pick on a silver platter. :P But seriously, we're ****.... :/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbonzakura View Post
    Actually, I think we just need to bribe Stern a bit and he'll see that Wiggins is a Canadian and hand us the #1 draft pick on a silver platter. :P But seriously, we're ****.... :/
    It'll be "bribing Silver" by then not Stern.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    I doubt we finish bottom 3, even if we tank hard enough :/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    I doubt we finish bottom 3, even if we tank hard enough :/
    If we start trying to tank then we'll probably all of a sudden find ourselves winning games lol

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast