Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 283

Thread: Tank Nation

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    those are slim odds though.
    We're screwed anyway. At least if we end up like 7th or 8th we'll open up some flexibility to rebuild for the future. This roster as it's built will never contend, so blow it up.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Lots of teams have young players under 23...Is that supposed to mean we're good or something? We have TWO players under 23 who MAY or MAY NOT turn into anything. Hurray for us.
    Lots of teams have young players, that is true but they aren't always playing major roles on the team. We are trying to hasten these guys development and our core is young.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Val-Bargs-Ross-Derozan-Lowry is a terrible core. We overrate everyone on our team except our very worst players, who wouldn't even have a chance to get signed by a respectable organization.
    I disagree. You don't think other teams would be interested in Acy or Aaron Gray? I think other team would definitely like to have them on their teams. Doesn't mean they would get off the bench much but they would be there on the bench. I disagree about the terrible core. Val and Ross are showing some upside. Demar has shown improvement yet again. Lowry and Bargs have been disappointing but I wasn't sure what to expect from Lowry so I am not surprised with how he has performed and Bargs, I think he is on the way out so I am not worried.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    But if you think we're going somewhere with this roster, by all means spend more money.
    I love basketball, I will spend my money watching games and such.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Ftr yeah, we are a joke and if you don't know that you're in denial.
    I don't know what "Ftr" means. You haven't backed up the "joke" comment. I don't know how I can be in denial if you don't explain yourself.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,842
    vCash
    1500
    There's quite a few worse teams than us, I think Hollinger had us 21st on his power rankings

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Lots of teams have young players, that is true but they aren't always playing major roles on the team. We are trying to hasten these guys development and our core is young.
    Just because our players are young and are getting significant playing time doesn't mean they are good... Or rather, good enough to build around. I don't see a single player to build around outside of Val and that's if we get real lucky with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I disagree. You don't think other teams would be interested in Acy or Aaron Gray? I think other team would definitely like to have them on their teams. Doesn't mean they would get off the bench much but they would be there on the bench. I disagree about the terrible core. Val and Ross are showing some upside. Demar has shown improvement yet again. Lowry and Bargs have been disappointing but I wasn't sure what to expect from Lowry so I am not surprised with how he has performed and Bargs, I think he is on the way out so I am not worried.
    I don't think any contenders would be interested in Acy at all, Gray maybe but I can't think of a team off the top of my head who could use him. Fair enough if you disagree about our core, I can't change your mind on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I love basketball, I will spend my money watching games and such.
    I will still spend my money to see the Oshawa Power, but the Raptors get nothing from me. Fair enough though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I don't know what "Ftr" means. You haven't backed up the "joke" comment. I don't know how I can be in denial if you don't explain yourself.
    ftr = for the record... Being that we consistently screw up in the draft, make awful trades and are routinely one of the worst teams in the league, how are we not a joke?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,380
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    We're screwed anyway. At least if we end up like 7th or 8th we'll open up some flexibility to rebuild for the future. This roster as it's built will never contend, so blow it up.
    if we are 7th or 8th do we not give up the pick? that doesn't really help us.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    601
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    we aren't bad enough to come in last. this will be your typical raptor season.
    Unfortunately yes. We cannot do anything right.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    if we are 7th or 8th do we not give up the pick? that doesn't really help us.
    Yes. We give up the pick, then no longer have to worry about losing it in the future. We need to rebuild IMO, and if we wait around to do that, it's going to make it a much harder and longer process.

    Think about it, say we make the playoffs... Then what? We keep our pick that isn't anything more than a flyer, Colangelo keeps his job, and we still suck. How are we going to improve the roster? We can't trade picks because we already gave out one that's lotto protected... So nobody wants our picks now. We have no extra pieces anyone truly covets. So how exactly do we make any significant improvements? And the improvements would need to be huge for us just to consider making the second round.

    Us losing our pick this year would be the best thing for this franchise. (unless of course we ended up #1 somehow - not happening)

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,380
    vCash
    1500
    well in my opinion the losses are going to happen anyways. so this thread won't accomplish anything except killing what little enthusiasm remains in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,380
    vCash
    1500
    best case scenario for me would be going into a coma for 6 months and waking up to a new regime. i just don't want to endure the game by game pain of losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Just because our players are young and are getting significant playing time doesn't mean they are good... Or rather, good enough to build around. I don't see a single player to build around outside of Val and that's if we get real lucky with him.
    I am seeing potential that you aren't, I guess we have to agree to disagree on this one.


    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    I don't think any contenders would be interested in Acy at all, Gray maybe but I can't think of a team off the top of my head who could use him. Fair enough if you disagree about our core, I can't change your mind on that.
    Miami Heat do not have a center like Gray and he could be their emergency player off the bench depending on match-ups. he is a very good rebounder. Lots of teams like energy guys in the 2nd round to fill their 13-15th roster spots.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    I will still spend my money to see the Oshawa Power, but the Raptors get nothing from me. Fair enough though.
    I have been meaning to see a Power game, I have to remember to check their schedule.


    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    ftr = for the record...
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Being that we consistently screw up in the draft, make awful trades and are routinely one of the worst teams in the league, how are we not a joke?
    How are we routinely one of the worst teams in the league? I think there are other teams with worse winning percentages over the last 5 years. Also how are screwing up the draft consistently? It is too early to talk about Ross, Val is looking like a great pick, Ed was a top 10 talent picked at #13 and nobody behind him in the draft has impressed. Now we are left with DeMar. Was he the right pick? Probably not but did you know that at the time? Did people think he was a big mistake at the time? I don't remember it like that. The next 5 picks after him, the only name that impresses is Jennings. I don't understand your opinion on our drafting.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,483
    vCash
    1500
    This team needs something...I don't know what. We need a very good veteran on this team that can bring the talent together and get us to perform how we should play.
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,353
    vCash
    1500
    Lowry, Ross, Derozan, Davis, Val. Blow up the rest.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,524
    vCash
    1500
    i think the fans should be manning the tank

    and then we blow up the tank

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Lots of teams have young players, that is true but they aren't always playing major roles on the team. We are trying to hasten these guys development and our core is young.
    Bobcats
    MKG, Kemba, Biyombo, Mullens

    Cavaliers
    Kyrie, Thompson, Waiters, Zeller

    Pistons
    Monroe, Knight, Drummond

    Rockers
    Harden, P. Patterson, T. Jones, M. Morris

    Bucks
    Jennings, Henson

    TWolves
    Rubio, Shved, DWilliams

    Hornets
    A. Davis, Aminu, Gordon, A. Rivers

    Magic
    Vujevic

    Suns
    Beasley, M. Morris

    Blazers
    Batum, Lillard, Leonard

    Kings
    Cousin, Evans, TRobinson, Thomas

    Wizards
    Wall, Beal, Seraphin


    Aside from Orlando who were a playoff team for over half a decade and the Suns, every team mentioned has contributing talent 23 & under. Bucks have weak talent in this group as well.

    It's a star driven league, unless you land one you can have a lot of young talent but be stuck in mediocrity and worse.
    Last edited by Heediot; 11-29-2012 at 03:42 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,298
    vCash
    1500
    i dont care, i just wanna see jonas and ross get some burn and develop.

    id still like to see these guys win games though. dont care for the tank much. it got us the 8th pick last season. meh.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •