Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Harris would be better in a 4-3 and is one of the reasons (along with Coples and Mo) that the Jets should finally make the transition.
    I think he would be worse in a 4-3. He doesn't have the speed to run sideline to sideline to make plays.

vCash
    Hitman - thats what he is a runningback coming up the middle is a dead duck. Like aj just said, he is not athletic enough to make the transition to a 4-3. If we could get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him I'd bite the bullet because we need some cap space and Demario Davis is young and hungry.

vCash
    We gotta look to rebuilding through the draft the next couple years until guys are coming off the books like Sanchez ect, and that starts with unloading players like Harris for draft picks. Rebuild through the draft, but our team ***** at evaluating talent. If I was the GM of the Jets try and make the right trades for draftpicks, ex somebody brought up trading shipping tebow with our 1st for Jax 1st. I know this isn't madden but that would be great. We got a long road coming and might as well do it smart and surplus draftpicks and that starts by looking to shop Harris, there has to be a buyer he isn't a bad mlb for a 3-4.

vCash
    Gotta keep Harris. He's been too solid for too long and is still pretty young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    He is amongst the players they should try to trade, but I doubt they get anything for him right now and he's still a decent player.

vCash
    For what we would get in return I say no. He's more valuable to us than a third rounder, F that. If we got like a first then it would b worth it, but al Davis is dead.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    For what we would get in return I say no. He's more valuable to us than a third rounder, F that. If we got like a first then it would b worth it, but al Davis is dead.
    lol

vCash
    u got to get him to take a pay cut. u cant bring him back with the current salary.

vCash
    David Harris leads the team with 118 tackles he has 3 sacks and a forced fumble. How is he not producing if he leads the team in tackles????Tackling is still an important thing to do last time I checked. It's not always about sacks and INT's. He is mostly a run stopper type of guy he isn't gonna ever get more then 5 sacks a season but he is good at it and underrated.Trading him wouldn't be worth it he is a big part of the defense, We trade him then what Bart Scott is the starter at MLB???? Demario Davis is not an every down player he can't fill the void if we traded Harris
    Last edited by CurseOfJoeNamth; 12-25-2012 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    David Harris leads the team with 118 tackles he has 3 sacks and a forced fumble. How is he not producing if he leads the team in tackles????Tackling is still an important thing to do last time I checked. It's not always about sacks and INT's. He is mostly a run stopper type of guy he isn't gonna ever get more then 5 sacks a season but he is good at it and underrated.Trading him wouldn't be worth it he is a big part of the defense, We trade him then what Bart Scott is the starter at MLB???? Demario Davis is not an every down player he can't fill the void if we traded Harris
    For the money he makes and promise he's shown, I think DD would be perfect.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    ok this is straight stupidness. We have one good linebacker and you want to get rid of him? He literally has the weight of the entire linebacking core on his shoulders. We don't need to get rid of him we need to get him some help. Pace, Scott, and Thomas are all too old should be replaced. Pace may be the only who stays because repacing three linebackers may be too hard. But scott has too go and thomas being the longest tenured jet should be aloud back in a backup role.

vCash
    I wasn't going to address this, but what the heck:

DHarris should not be traded.

Yes, Hitman is overpaid, but the Jets maybe looking at as many as 3 new starting LBs next year.

We can all agree that Pace, BThomas and most likely BScott are gone, and GMcIntyre doesn't seem to be the solution (although he's been ok, so maybe he'll be serviceable).

But DHarris even on a bad year has still been a 100 tackle machine.

Although changes absolutely do need to be made, an entire overhaul and dismantling of the team is not warranted.

As I've stated before there are a few quality OLBs that are going to hit FA, I would go after Michael Johnson of Cincy. No he's not Von Miller, but he is a hard nose player that can get a push and he has very long arms. If the Jets combine MJohnson with a rookie like Mingo or DJordan as the starting OLBs, the Jets would have already eased the pressure on the ILBs just because the OLBs would be able to collapse the pocket constantly.
    With MJohnson and Mingo/DJordan on the outside, I could easily live with DHarris and DDavis on the inside, as DDavis would be groomed to run the D eventually, while playing next to DHarris, whom is still effective.

vCash
    I don't know why people are so focused on his number of tackles. Tackles is one of the most meaningless stats in the game. They're handed out arbitrarily, plus an ILB is supposed to lead the team in tackles. I think he needs to take a pay cut or I'd cut/trade him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I don't know why people are so focused on his number of tackles. Tackles is one of the most meaningless stats in the game. They're handed out arbitrarily, plus an ILB is supposed to lead the team in tackles. I think he needs to take a pay cut or I'd cut/trade him.
    Really? Like interceptions and completion % are meaningless? Like rushing yards are meaningless? Like sacks are meaningless?

Please....Tackles are an important stat. How else do you evaluate the play of the ILB? If your ILB or Lb's are leading your team in tackles thats usually a good thing. Poor ILB play means your safeties are usually leading the team in tackles. Thats not a good thing.

If you want to say that he only has 77 total tackles with 44 ast then maybe I can understand your stance.

But to say flat out that tackles are meaningless is silly at best.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Tackles is one of the most meaningless stats in the game?

Oh ok.

Lets start Tim Tebow at ILB and see if you miss DHarris by halftime.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast