Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    David Harris is a decent ILB in our 3-4, but I know he's way overpaid, and his contract is just another reason MrT's head should roll, although I'm now listening to Vinny Cerrato (former NFL GM on the Redskins), and he is saying that REX is totally in charge of the draft and player personnel.

    This is a revelation to me - That REX has been doing the picking - and this makes total sense because - WHAT DOES MrT know about drafting players. It was REX that chose Mark Sanchez, and we moved up to get him.

    "When you move up in the draft, you have to hit a home run" - Vinny Cerrato

    In '07, we hit a home run with Darrell Revis, but look at these other players that we've moved up to get: David Harris -this is not on REX, but he cost our 2nd, 3rd, and 6th round picks to get him - he's a serviceable ILB, Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene, and Stephen Hill.

    "REX knows how to coach a good team (see 2 AFC Championships), but he can NOT evaluate talent (look at this years team vs the 2009 team - there is no comparison).

    GO JETS!!!
    Vinny always has been and always will be full of horse ****. How the hell would he know anything inside Jets operations that no one else knows??!! Unbelievably agregiously ridiculous. Didn't Rex even admit that Hill wasn't one of his guys? Didn't he admit he gets one pick a year? Vinny should be sued for slander just out of general principle. Making stuff out of your *** isn't media-worthy. Just more non-accountable media that makes us all wade through the BS daily.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,992
    vCash
    1500
    yeah, thats why Conner was Rex's guy. His one pick.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Vinny always has been and always will be full of horse ****. How the hell would he know anything inside Jets operations that no one else knows??!! Unbelievably agregiously ridiculous. Didn't Rex even admit that Hill wasn't one of his guys? Didn't he admit he gets one pick a year? Vinny should be sued for slander just out of general principle. Making stuff out of your *** isn't media-worthy. Just more non-accountable media that makes us all wade through the BS daily.
    yeah right.....Im pretty sure Vinny is closer to the truth than you want to believe.

    Do you believe everything that comes out of Rex's mouth? Its painfully obvious that Rex has a HUGE swaying hand in draft picks. Its his team with his coaching philosophy. Why would a GM draft something his H.C. doesnt want?

    Didnt Rex admit this was his best team? Obviously everything out of rex's mouth isnt the truth.
    Didnt Rex admit sanchez was his pick?
    Think Wilson wasnt a Rex pick? We know the Terminated was..This team has REX all over it.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    yeah right.....Im pretty sure Vinny is closer to the truth than you want to believe.

    Do you believe everything that comes out of Rex's mouth? Its painfully obvious that Rex has a HUGE swaying hand in draft picks. Its his team with his coaching philosophy. Why would a GM draft something his H.C. doesnt want?

    Didnt Rex admit this was his best team? Obviously everything out of rex's mouth isnt the truth.
    Didnt Rex admit sanchez was his pick?
    Think Wilson wasnt a Rex pick? We know the Terminated was..This team has REX all over it.
    Sanchez was Woody's pick. Just like Favre and Tebow were Woody's moves. Woody makes a lot of money selling tickets and PSL's by selling "hope" to his fans. Unfortunately, Woody has learned the lesson that Shock and Awe are the way to get people's attention.

    Sometimes a coach has to toe the company line, and Rex is actually pretty good at that.

    Do you believe every word that comes out of Woody's mouth when he denies these things? I don't.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,196
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    David Harris is a decent ILB in our 3-4, but I know he's way overpaid, and his contract is just another reason MrT's head should roll, although I'm now listening to Vinny Cerrato (former NFL GM on the Redskins), and he is saying that REX is totally in charge of the draft and player personnel.

    This is a revelation to me - That REX has been doing the picking - and this makes total sense because - WHAT DOES MrT know about drafting players. It was REX that chose Mark Sanchez, and we moved up to get him.

    "When you move up in the draft, you have to hit a home run" - Vinny Cerrato

    In '07, we hit a home run with Darrell Revis, but look at these other players that we've moved up to get: David Harris -this is not on REX, but he cost our 2nd, 3rd, and 6th round picks to get him - he's a serviceable ILB, Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene, and Stephen Hill.

    "REX knows how to coach a good team (see 2 AFC Championships), but he can NOT evaluate talent (look at this years team vs the 2009 team - there is no comparison).

    GO JETS!!!
    Didnt we move up for Keller as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Sanchez was Woody's pick. Just like Favre and Tebow were Woody's moves. Woody makes a lot of money selling tickets and PSL's by selling "hope" to his fans. Unfortunately, Woody has learned the lesson that Shock and Awe are the way to get people's attention.

    Sometimes a coach has to toe the company line, and Rex is actually pretty good at that.

    Do you believe every word that comes out of Woody's mouth when he denies these things? I don't.
    I think it is safe to say that Woody seems to get more and more involved each year - apparent to me on Hard Knocks. My biggest fear is a more dorky version of Jerry Jones running the NY JETS. (Unless it nets SBs like it did in Dallas...then I dont care)

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    30,375
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Didnt we move up for Keller as well?



    I think it is safe to say that Woody seems to get more and more involved each year - apparent to me on Hard Knocks. My biggest fear is a more dorky version of Jerry Jones running the NY JETS. (Unless it nets SBs like it did in Dallas...then I dont care)
    Yeah we gave up our 2nd round pick (also a 4th rounder that year) which ended up being Jordy Nelson.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Yeah we gave up our 2nd round pick (also a 4th rounder that year) which ended up being Jordy Nelson.
    Wow didnt know that.... What a punch in the face


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    101
    vCash
    1500

    firesale at end of season !!!!!!

    I know people didnt agree with me last time I said this but it is time to have a fire sale load up on draft pics in rounds 2-5 we have players that dont work in our system but could work in other teams system just have to find the right trading partners !!! Trade tebow, harris ,scott, pace,holmes,devito,moore, keller/pouha (even though I like both of them ) and i would also take a look into trading revis coming off that injury i dont feel he will be able to make those cuts like he use too we can easily get a #1 and #3 this year for him and some future #2 -#4 pics we have young studs who can fill in nice. Just my opinion and this is coming from a life long jets fan. I love the jets and they will always be my team but they need a big wakeup call and a complete overhaul in the organiztion start with tannebum the bum, keep rex but keep him on a short leash and get rid of sparano please he is shotty 2.0 !!!!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    502
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    While agree that MrT's head will roll (he's a cap guru and not a great evaluator of talent) this year's draft is not as ugly as you've made it out to be.
    Q. Coples, Stephen Hill, Demario Davis, and Josh Bush are all on the active roster, and the 1st 3 are significant contributors.

    Antonio Allen and Jordan White are on the practice squad, and moving up to get Stephen Hill cost us a 2nd, 5th, and 7th round picks, while Tim Tebow cost us a 4th and a 6th rounder, and "never put on the uniform" Drew Stanton cost us another 7th round pick, somehow.

    The only draftees that are gone are 6th rounder Terrance Ganaway, and 6th rounder Robert Griffin.

    Whether our top 4 draftees turn out to be good ones, only time will tell.

    GO JETS!!!
    You just proved my point in a way. We had 10 picks thats 10 chances to get young talent. Instead we got Tebow, didn't even give Stanton an employee Id, and lets be honest Hill has speed and maybe talent but defiantly a work in progress, davis I like, and Couples is "still getting his wind" to play an nfl schedule give me a break, plus some practice squad guys. So yes I say we had 10 picks and only 3 made it past training camp and thank you for proving it for me.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    502
    vCash
    1500
    Like i said we don't have 11 starters out of a 53 man roster

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,041
    vCash
    1500
    If we get decent compensation for him I would. We really need to see what tabby and Rex have planned after the season, if they both are still here. I would like to build the offense through the draft. It would be nice to load up on some weapons for Sanchez next year.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    Posts
    54,870
    vCash
    1500
    All year, my answer to this was that the Jets should keep Harris, because saving only $4 million for cutting him wasn't worth it. Basically, I felt that Davis would be the Mike next year, and you can't find a better Ted than David Harris for $4 million.

    But he is incredibly bad. I think he'll be decent somewhere in the right 4-3 system, but he's just awful right now. I honestly think resigning Scott with the money they save after he is cut would be a better use of $4 million than David Harris, that's how bad he's been. I'm amazed that, with the season on the line, I honestly don't think he's made a single impact play since his sack against NE, outside of a sack that he lucked into against Jacksonville.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    101
    vCash
    1500

    Trade him for picks !!!!!!

    I would trade him for a 2nd and 5th round pick I think we could get that easily that way we save money and get youth this year second round pick you could find some gems ...

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,403
    vCash
    1500
    Harris isnt someone we should be complaining about he stays healthy and is the best linebacker we got... but as jets fans we should just throw any guy under the bus if they play a few bad games
    now to answer this question maybe I would trade him if I liked what I was getting in return

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,342
    vCash
    1500
    Harris would be better in a 4-3 and is one of the reasons (along with Coples and Mo) that the Jets should finally make the transition.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •