Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Well, time to post what lineups I want to see.

Felton
    Kidd
    Brewer
    Melo
    Tyson

Prigs
    Shump
    J.R.
    Novak
    Amare

Second unit with Prigs running the pick and roll with all the open space that Novak's presence provides
    I will add:

Prigs
    JR
    Novak
    Wallace
    Amare

^^^Talk about spacing for the pick and roll

Prigs
    Shump
    JR
    Wallace
    Amare

^^The pressure D tandem of Shump and JR back from last year, with the ultimate pesky PG defender in Prigs, with Wallace bringing the D and boards, and Amare pick and rolling his *** off.

Anything with Prigs/Amare/3 point shooters. Sheed is huge for us because he gives us a legit defensive presence as well as a stretch 4/5. Not many people in this world can give you both.

Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.

vCash
    stat will start when he comes back,we need him we cant rebound right now...he can play team defense we saw it last year under woodson at those 24 last games of the season.stat is still a great player the only question is his injury and if he is going to be healthy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantoni hater View Post
    stat will start when he comes back,we need him we cant rebound right now...he can play team defense we saw it last year under woodson at those 24 last games of the season.stat is still a great player the only question is his injury and if he is going to be healthy
    STAT grabbing 8 boards a game does nothing to prevent the opposition from getting offensive boards.

Starting STAT does not maximize his talents. It relegates him to jump shooting.

Coming off the bench we utilize his pick and roll/isolation prowess to the max we can on this current roster.

Either way he is likely going to come off the bench at the very least for a couple games. If it works, I don't see Woody switching it up. He seems like one of those 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' coaches.

vCash
    When is Shump scheduled to come back I can't wait to see if he returns the same player. Shump hopefully will mask some of Amare's defensive weaknesses

vCash
    Why does Amaré Have To be benched To Play With The Second Unit ? Or Just Why does he have to be benched period ?? This isn't a super sub like Al Harrington Or Nate , Or Jamal Or Even J.R ... This is a superstar !! If Mr Chandler plays more D and block shots like he's suppose to & be like Ronnie Turiaf on offense .... We'll be almost flawless & Why do you people think that the small back court is best to start ? when shump gets back he's gonna start with Ray Felt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkeymelo View Post
    Why does Amaré Have To be benched To Play With The Second Unit ? Or Just Why does he have to be benched period ?? This isn't a super sub like Al Harrington Or Nate , Or Jamal Or Even J.R ... This is a superstar !! If Mr Chandler plays more D and block shots like he's suppose to & be like Ronnie Turiaf on offense .... We'll be almost flawless & Why do you people think that the small back court is best to start ? when shump gets back he's gonna start with Ray Felt
    Kidd needs to start. Hes the guy that makes it all work. Ball movement has not been the same since hes been out, and the moments it has, it was when Prigs was in there. I doubt Shump starts this year. Woodson gets giddy when he talks about the Ray-Kidd tandem.

Coming off the bench and being benched are two different things. I'm just glad Amare understands this better than some posters here, you don't start your 5 best players, you find the best balance for the team. Its not an insult in the least, and I am very glad and impressed Amare doesn't see it that way.

I know Amare is no JR or Jamal. But he can be our James Harden, Ginobili or Kevin McHale.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-01-2012 at 11:05 PM.

vCash

Amar'e OK with sixth-man role

Come playoff time Stoudemire will be in the lineup... I've said it a few times.. If we want to win Melo, Amare, Tyson will have to play well together in tandem... It is what it is... Memphis and Brooklyn game let me know all I needed to see...
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Kidd needs to start. Hes the guy that makes it all work. Ball movement has not been the same since hes been out, and the moments it has, it was when Prigs was in there. I doubt Shump starts this year. Woodson gets giddy when he talks about the Ray-Kidd tandem.

Coming off the bench and being benched are two different things. I'm just glad Amare understands this better than some posters here, you don't start your 5 best players, you find the best balance for the team. Its not an insult in the least, and I am very glad and impressed Amare doesn't see it that way.

I know Amare is no JR or Jamal. But he can be our James Harden, Ginobili or Kevin McHale.
    Yeah, I think Kidd has to be there with Melo in the starting lineup.

It would be amazing if Woodson would put Ray on the bench and have him play with Stoudemire in that second unit.

Prigs would be out of the rotation but damn imagine rolling out these lineups:

Kidd
    Shump
    Brewer
    Melo
    Tyson

Felton
    J.R.
    Novak
    Amare
    Sheed

vCash
    Yeah, I think Kidd has to be there with Melo in the starting lineup.

It would be amazing if Woodson would put Ray on the bench and have him play with Stoudemire in that second unit.

Prigs would be out of the rotation but damn imagine rolling out these lineups:

Kidd
    Shump
    Brewer
    Melo
    Tyson

Felton
    J.R.
    Novak
    Amare
    Sheed
    I ****ing love the versatility we have with the lineups out there. So many tools at Woody's disposal.

The best isolation scorer in the world
    2 top 5 pick and roll big men and 3 PG's who can run the **** out of the pick and roll
    A first ballot HOFer who can play the 2 just as good as the 1
    Another PG who is capable of defending bigger guards and playing 2-PG lineups with Prigs
    The best open 3 point shooter in the NBA
    A top 5 defender of 1s and 2s
    A top 5 defender of 2s and 3s
    Last years DPOY
    A former champion and all NBA defender who can play the 4-5, post on the block AND knock down 3s
    A top 5 scoring weapon off the bench

I am sure there are a ton of coaches out there that envy the roster Woody gets to work with.

I mean the best per 36 minute rebounder last season can't even crack the ****ing rotation and our main big is injured. We got crazy depth.

And who knows, if Prigs retires we might utilize Ray off the bench and start Kidd next to Shump. The backcourt defense would be incredible with Shump taking the 1 and Kidd on the 2.

While I do think the inability for Kidd to guard true 1's is overstated, he was the only guy we had that could stop Jrue Holiday, I still don't want him guarding guys like Parker and Westbrook and Irving and Rose, so if he starts you need a guy like Shump who can cover the 1.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-01-2012 at 11:23 PM.

vCash
    I ****ing love the versatility we have with the lineups out there. So many tools at Woody's disposal.

The best isolation scorer in the world
    2 top 5 pick and roll big men and 3 PG's who can run the **** out of the pick and roll
    A first ballot HOFer who can play the 2 just as good as the 1
    Another PG who is capable of defending bigger guards and playing 2-PG lineups with Prigs
    The best open 3 point shooter in the NBA
    A top 5 defender of 1s and 2s
    A top 5 defender of 2s and 3s
    Last years DPOY
    A former champion and all NBA defender who can play the 4-5, post on the block AND knock down 3s
    A top 5 scoring weapon off the bench

I am sure there are a ton of coaches out there that envy the roster Woody gets to work with.

I mean the best per 36 minute rebounder last season can't even crack the ****ing rotation and our main big is injured. We got crazy depth.

And who knows, if Prigs retires we might utilize Ray off the bench and start Kidd next to Shump. The backcourt defense would be incredible with Shump taking the 1 and Kidd on the 2.

While I do think the inability for Kidd to guard true 1's is overstated, he was the only guy we had that could stop Jrue Holiday, I still don't want him guarding guys like Parker and Westbrook and Irving and Rose, so if he starts you need a guy like Shump who can cover the 1.
    I just hope Woody doesn't try to force STAT into the starting lineup.

He's got to use the depth as an asset.

I'm more pumped to see STAT come off the bench and murder opposing second units instead of seeing him roam around shooting random 18 footers in the starting lineup.

vCash
    I just hope Woody doesn't try to force STAT into the starting lineup.

He's got to use the depth as an asset.

I'm more pumped to see STAT come off the bench and murder opposing second units instead of seeing him roam around shooting random 18 footers in the starting lineup.
    I think the majority of the fanbase agrees with you.

I think we are going to bring him off the bench early regardless. And if he looks great and it looks like a huge weapon for our team, I expect it to stay that way.

With our current record, Woodson has a whole lot of leverage and Amare doesn't have much room to complain, especially if the bench experiment works well to start.

vCash
    The pressure D tandem of Shump and JR back from last year, with the ultimate pesky PG defender in Prigs, with Wallace bringing the D and boards, and Amare pick and rolling his *** off.
    No graphic needed Im ****ing drooling

vCash
    Its all up to Amare. If he comes offnthe bench and kills it and plays defense he will play more and more. Amare is a legit big man in size, big enough to rebound and play D. If his defense is as impactful as his offense he will make Chandler surrender minutes at the 5 and play 36 minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Its all up to Amare. If he comes offnthe bench and kills it and plays defense he will play more and more. Amare is a legit big man in size, big enough to rebound and play D. If his defense is as impactful as his offense he will make Chandler surrender minutes at the 5 and play 36 minutes.
    6'10" without sneaks my dude

vCash
    Amare is a great athlete and big. He is also a competitive and I believe challenging himself to regain his name as a all star. I trust that he will put in work and do what he can to score as before and defend like never before.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast