Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    He can go play with dantoni in LA then. Amare can't dribble properly, can't rebound, is a horrid passer, has lost his leaping ability, and is the worst defensive player in the NBA. And add to that he injures himself each year during the playoffs while here. Why on earth would any ny fan want the player I just described back here in ny?
    what knicks do you watch? ..cause it seems like you describing alot of Tyson Chandler ...You didnt watch a single game of the 2010-11 season if you talking like this
    Last edited by lowkeymelo; 11-30-2012 at 06:46 PM.

vCash
    When Amare was here by himself the team led the league in blocks ..but Amare plays no defense ? not to mention all of the game winning blocks he had & a 6 block game included in one of those games ....Where has The Dpoy ever done this in NY ? ....Ohh ok

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkeymelo View Post
    When Amare was here by himself the team led the league in blocks ..but Amare plays no defense ? not to mention all of the game winning blocks he had & a 6 block game included in one of those games ....Where has The Dpoy ever done this in NY ? ....Ohh ok
    Thats an incredibly misleading stat.

Amare got attacked relentlessly by everyone in the nba, so he had a lot more opportunities. The only player I've ever seen in ny get picked on more on defense was David lee.

He also doesn't box out on defensive rebounds so he's in position to get blocks on put backs.

It's like saying Lin is a good defender because he gets a bunch Of steals. Misleading stats.

vCash
    Pau got bad knees, stat got bad knees.. Pau plays soft, stat is bad on defense.... I'm just saying quit ****ing complaining theres flaws in everyone game....

I SEEN THE SAME ARGUMENT WITH THE LAKERS AND PAU.... REMEMBER WHEN PEOPLE USED TO BASH DAVID LEE FOR HIS BAD DEFENSE. NOW YOU WANT HIM BACK.... SMH...
    Last edited by osmosis da kid; 11-30-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    [

vCash
    Just got myself a stat jersey ...can't wait for him to get back , hate all the knicks fans who want him gone , he came here when lebron didn't I will always respect him , i would like him to be our 6th man it would be a good transition for him , give him another shot at starting If he dosnt mesh well like the past then keep him our 6th man rolling in n out of the 4&5 ...shump jersey is next BTW

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    Just got myself a stat jersey ...can't wait for him to get back , hate all the knicks fans who want him gone , he came here when lebron didn't I will always respect him , i would like him to be our 6th man it would be a good transition for him , give him another shot at starting If he dosnt mesh well like the past then keep him our 6th man rolling in n out of the 4&5 ...shump jersey is next BTW
    why do ya want a guy that doesn't even play much? and who is unreliable? and who makes the best player on the team(melo) play worse. why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    It's like saying Lin is a good defender because he gets a bunch Of steals. Misleading stats.
    Bad analogy. Lin actually IS a good defender by almost every metric.

Steals, Blocks, Unadjusted defensive rating, Defensive regularized adjusted plus-minus And PPP allowed per play all show in his favor.

He's not Terry Allen, but he's definitely NOT Stat.

I would drill down into the statistics of why Stat is horrible, but the naked eye actually tells the story as well as the statistics do in Stoudemire's case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Bad analogy. Lin actually IS a good defender by almost every metric.

Steals, Blocks, Unadjusted defensive rating, Defensive regularized adjusted plus-minus And PPP allowed per play all show in his favor.

He's not Terry Allen, but he's definitely NOT Stat.

I would drill down into the statistics of why Stat is horrible, but the naked eye actually tells the story as well as the statistics do in Stoudemire's case.
    The one thing Lin struggles with is the screen plays and often times he goes too double the big man for a steal this leads to his man being open from 3. Lin's one on one D isn't terrible he should get better with experience. He was already showing progress under Woody last season. As of right now Lin has a lot of work to do on his defense because they use Douglas often times as a defensive sub late in games. But ya Lin is no Stat on D that's for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Coach has really relied on wallace and expect to see a Wallace, Amare, Melo front court often or Novak and Chandler to play with only one of Amare ir Melo. Chandler is awesome but he has to defer to Amare on offense and score like a Touriaf did when he played with Amare.Amare is more deserving of the rock.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    I don't think he'll be coming off the bench for too long. If he does start to come off it initially, I think it'll be just a temporary period before he's injected back into the starting lineup.

He was missing a pass first PG and his jumpshot last year. Now he has 3 pass first PG's (Felton is a bit iffy lol,) so as long as he fixed that broken jumper of his- which he should have- than I'd imagine offensively his #'s will be back to where they were during his first year here.

Seriously, his worst year in the league he found a way to get nearly 18 and 8 by having to find his offense almost every time he touched the ball. The guy is not good in the iso setting like Anthony because he doesn't have the handling skills to get his shot off the dribble. No knock against him, the guy's offense is very much dependent on a PG getting him the ball in his "sweet spots."

I expect him to eat alive opposing teams 2nd units, and than eventually make his way back into the starting lineup. If the Knicks know what's good for them, they'll start to finally utilize Stat as their primary pick and roll guy and move Tyson down the pecking order as the 2nd guy to run the PnR with. It's a shame that this team hasn't utilized Stat properly since the acquisition of Tyson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    I don't think he'll be coming off the bench for too long. If he does start to come off it initially, I think it'll be just a temporary period before he's injected back into the starting lineup.

He was missing a pass first PG and his jumpshot last year. Now he has 3 pass first PG's (Felton is a bit iffy lol,) so as long as he fixed that broken jumper of his- which he should have- than I'd imagine offensively his #'s will be back to where they were during his first year here.

Seriously, his worst year in the league he found a way to get nearly 18 and 8 by having to find his offense almost every time he touched the ball. The guy is not good in the iso setting like Anthony because he doesn't have the handling skills to get his shot off the dribble. No knock against him, the guy's offense is very much dependent on a PG getting him the ball in his "sweet spots."

I expect him to eat alive opposing teams 2nd units, and than eventually make his way back into the starting lineup. If the Knicks know what's good for them, they'll start to finally utilize Stat as their primary pick and roll guy and move Tyson down the pecking order as the 2nd guy to run the PnR with. It's a shame that this team hasn't utilized Stat properly since the acquisition of Tyson.
    I totally agree... As good as Tysonis as a pick and roll guy... Amare is better...
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    why do ya want a guy that doesn't even play much? and who is unreliable? and who makes the best player on the team(melo) play worse. why?
    When did he ever make Melo play worse ? I'm sure that was the D'antoni System he didn't wanna play in .. before you bash Amaré Come Up With Actual Facts please ...you just hating on him ....for what tho ?

vCash
    if Amare comes off the bench we have the most dangerous team in the NBA. There will be zero letdown between first and second units.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    if Amare comes off the bench we have the most dangerous team in the NBA. There will be zero letdown between first and second units.
    Well, time to post what lineups I want to see.

Felton
    Kidd
    Brewer
    Melo
    Tyson

Prigs
    Shump
    J.R.
    Novak
    Amare

Second unit with Prigs running the pick and roll with all the open space that Novak's presence provides

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Well, time to post what lineups I want to see.

Felton
    Kidd
    Brewer
    Melo
    Tyson

Prigs
    Shump
    J.R.
    Novak
    Amare

Second unit with Prigs running the pick and roll with all the open space that Novak's presence provides
    Prigioni isn't going to get time once STAT and Shumpert are back. Are you really going to give Camby and Wallace no minutes? They'll get killed on the boards and defensively down low.

IF Stoudemire comes off the bench, expect this:

Felton
    Shumpert
    Brewer
    Melo
    Chandler

Kidd
    JR Smith
    Novak
    Stoudemire
    Wallace/Camby (rotating on matchups)

Kurt Thomas and Prigioni will be the odd men out.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast