Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Bad analogy. Lin actually IS a good defender by almost every metric.

Steals, Blocks, Unadjusted defensive rating, Defensive regularized adjusted plus-minus And PPP allowed per play all show in his favor.

He's not Terry Allen, but he's definitely NOT Stat.

I would drill down into the statistics of why Stat is horrible, but the naked eye actually tells the story as well as the statistics do in Stoudemire's case.
    and it doesn't in Lin's case lol??

Go check out almost every game Houston played, the PG's seem to have very good games against them, has that for a metric

I have not read one article this year saying Lin is even remotely an average defender, this year its been he's been bad defensively, but no way you would see this, right?

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Amare should come off the bench. We are playing so well without him but that dont mean we are not a better team without him. He should come off the bench to prove that question, he should not be under preasure to prove himself so quickly (take it slow), he can also be the go to big man with the 2nd unit and work his way back into the starting line up. How crazy would it be for us if our 2nd unit is as good as the starting line up (Amare, JR, Sheed, Prigioni, Novak, & Shump)? HOW CRAZY IS THAT?

vCash
    Stilla let Lin be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Stilla let Lin be.
    A summer of Hell, and all I have to say is 11-4 Baby!!!!!!!

And I'll repeat this for all these STAT must start, who cares? Whatever is best for the team and HOF players came off the bench.

Manu is a beast and SA fans don't cry that he should start?

And Celtics for their dynasty days had their best guys coming off the bench:

Hondo and McHale...........again whats best for the team. If we were better with Melo not starting we should do it, but you dont take the guy who's leading the league in first quarter pts off the starting lineup.

I mean KT is starting played 8 min then never saw the court again, so what exactly does it mean?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    and it doesn't in Lin's case lol??

Go check out almost every game Houston played, the PG's seem to have very good games against them, has that for a metric

I have not read one article this year saying Lin is even remotely an average defender, this year its been he's been bad defensively, but no way you would see this, right?
    It doesn't because Lin's defense isn't always visible unless you know what to look for... and the general article writers are clueless in recognizing defense for the most part.

Hollinger considers Lin's defense to be above average. As did D'Antoni, the draft scouting reports, and the statistical analysts.

As for Amare, I said that the Eye test works just as well AS the statistics because he completely lacks defensive play. In other words, the EYE *DOES* confirm the actual data.

And as for the "opposing PG's" torching him, those are complete fallacies, and the actual statistics confirm that. If you actually look at WHO was defending those PG's when they supposedly "torched" Lin, the vast majority of the time it was NOT Lin who was covering them when they went ballistic.

Seriously, pull up Synergy Sports and look at not only the individual statistics, but look at the Actual Video Replays of WHEN those PG's score. Far more often than not, it's because the opposing team forces a defensive switch OFF of Lin, which they then exploit to attack.

As for the "Eye Test", I refer you to THIS article...

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/03/22/yo...games-so-what/

vCash
    Lin's synergy numbers are actually phenomenal as far as defense goes. And he is holding opponents to a PER of 14. He's had his troubles on offense, but his defense has been very solid this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    It doesn't because Lin's defense isn't always visible unless you know what to look for... and the general article writers are clueless in recognizing defense for the most part.

Hollinger considers Lin's defense to be above average. As did D'Antoni, the draft scouting reports, and the statistical analysts.

As for Amare, I said that the Eye test works just as well AS the statistics because he completely lacks defensive play. In other words, the EYE *DOES* confirm the actual data.

And as for the "opposing PG's" torching him, those are complete fallacies, and the actual statistics confirm that. If you actually look at WHO was defending those PG's when they supposedly "torched" Lin, the vast majority of the time it was NOT Lin who was covering them when they went ballistic.

Seriously, pull up Synergy Sports and look at not only the individual statistics, but look at the Actual Video Replays of WHEN those PG's score. Far more often than not, it's because the opposing team forces a defensive switch OFF of Lin, which they then exploit to attack.

As for the "Eye Test", I refer you to THIS article...

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/03/22/yo...games-so-what/
    Lin is a freakn beast, he is the best pg ever, he plays both ends great, nobody is in this guy's class.

Eyes don't lie, you said this yourself.........

I'd love to ask you a question but I can't lol...........go Lin!

vCash
    Lin is a freakn beast, he is the best pg ever, he plays both ends great, nobody is in this guy's class.

I said none of the above, nor have I ever said that.

I said that in the case of Amare, the eye test DOES confirm the statistics because there's NO defense to see.

Seriously, you're digging for something that doesn't exist.

vCash
    Stilla I dont understand where your headed. My point is Lin is.no longer a.Knick.lets.just let him die as a topic

vCash

Can't refute his points so you post this. Great argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    Come playoff time Stoudemire will be in the lineup... I've said it a few times.. If we want to win Melo, Amare, Tyson will have to play well together in tandem... It is what it is... Memphis and Brooklyn game let me know all I needed to see...

Oh boy you guys just are so optimistic and blind to the past facts that amare and melo playing together have been atrocious. Amare will come back and miss a playoff game here and there like always and throw off the knicks chemistry. it's just too predictable..Do yall even try to hold amare accountable for his stupidity here on this knick board? Cause I know yall would want melo gone if he kept pulling same nonsense as amare has

vCash
    It's just words until we get down that road and see how he reacts to it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789