Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

??? Red Sox Nation...

I'm very curious to read what the opinion is out there regarding my question. Simply put...How patient will you be in this "supposedly" rebuilding mode? I'm especially interested in reading what current season ticket holders think.

vCash
    I'm not a "season ticket holder" but I'll still give you my opinion. Ultimately, every fan wants the team to be competitive every year but it's times like these that we need to swallow that pride and be patient because sustained success and consistency is more important than immediate success.

I see a wave of talent that will come up from the farm (one we haven't seen years), absolutely minimal financial commitments going forward and a FO that can basically mold this team however it wants. The Punto trade gave us a "get out of jail free card" and now we can restart again, not every team is so fortunate.

All I ask is that we be patient, this team can be scary good these next couple of years and there's a good chance we'll end up winning it all sooner rather than later if we don't panic and make reactionary moves to what other clubs are doing. Stick to the plan and reap the benefits later.

vCash
    I don't know about scary good AI but we would be ok.my opinion on rebuilding.For one season,I would reluctantly be ok with it.reason being we already pissed off four seasons of not making the playoffs,so I will accept us being a mediocre team this year and that's it.We are not the royals,astros etc.we except to contend for a championship ever year.Finally the main reason I'm against rebuilding is because none of our prospects are sure things/superstars. That's including Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley.

Let's say we hold onto all our prospects and go into a full rebuild mode or close to it for three years and all we do is win 79 to 89 games and get bounced in the first round.What good does it do us.We are not contending for a championship do not trust prospects.Prospects should be used as 1. To help build your team into a contending team or Trade Bait.As much as we all like and hope all our prospects turn into superstars,few make it.Perfect example iglesias.
    Last edited by EEasyA; 11-24-2012 at 03:08 AM.

vCash
    The only reason we're in this mess is because of the Carl Crawford contract, and to a lesser extent Jon Lackey.

I waited three flippin years in anticipation to see Adrian Gonzalez in a Red Sox uniform, than it actually happened and he raked in the short time he was here.

I could still live with Beckett (or chances are we would have dealt him and his remaining contract at last years trade deadline) either way, Theo Epstein and that Crawford contract cost us A-Gon and the prospects to get him simply because he vastly overpaid for a luxury in CC, not a need.

Makes Lackey and his contract look irrelevant really.
    Last edited by Bo Sox Fan; 11-24-2012 at 03:46 AM.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!
    2014 US OPEN watch:

Rd 1. (W) 6-2 6-1

Rd 2. (W) 6-2 6-7 6-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I'm not a "season ticket holder" but I'll still give you my opinion. Ultimately, every fan wants the team to be competitive every year but it's times like these that we need to swallow that pride and be patient because sustained success and consistency is more important than immediate success.

I see a wave of talent that will come up from the farm (one we haven't seen years), absolutely minimal financial commitments going forward and a FO that can basically mold this team however it wants. The Punto trade gave us a "get out of jail free card" and now we can restart again, not every team is so fortunate.

All I ask is that we be patient, this team can be scary good these next couple of years and there's a good chance we'll end up winning it all sooner rather than later if we don't panic and make reactionary moves to what other clubs are doing. Stick to the plan and reap the benefits later.
    Completely agree with this. It's not like the Sox are going to stop spending money. They're hopefully just going to be way smarter than they have been recently as far as how to allocate those funds. Giving massive $$$ and years to guys entering the wrong side of their careers (keeping in mind that in the semi-post-PED era those wrong sides are coming sooner) isn't usually a good strategy. It's especially not so in a weak FA class like we have this offseason.

I know that may make for a boring offseason for those of us minding the hot stove, but after everything that's gone on with this organization in the last few years, I think maybe a smartly executed and fairly quiet offseason is exactly what the doctor ordered.

vCash
    True but a quiet offseason gets you no where but sitting at home watching the playoffs.We have a lot of holes in this team that prospects alone can't fix.what we need is not to hand out 6 or 7 year contracts to players.I really don't mind the money.Just keep the years down.If we get Hamilton for 4 to 5 years and napoli for 3 to 4,I do it.

vCash
    I want to see some kind of trade (one that doesn't ruin the future, though). That means no Stanton, and most likely no Trumbo, Upton or Cabrera either.

Royals are having a fire sale (Hosmer, Butler, Moustakas, Gordon, Myers) and I want one of them.

I'll be patient, but if Cherington and the FO thinks this horrid free agent class can fix this team, they are crazy.

These small signings (i.e. Ross and Gomes) I think are good for us. They both bring experience, leadership and decent production on the short term.

vCash
    Royals are not having a fire sale. You need to do your research before you post these absurb things

vCash
    Royals are not having a fire sale. You need to do your research before you post these absurb things
    Every one of those guys is being shopped.

Not all of them will be traded, but I bet some will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    Every one of those guys is being shopped.

Not all of them will be traded, but I bet some will.
    Do you even know what "fire sale" means?

The Royals would "much prefer" to trade prospects to acquire starting pitching and don't want to move Wil Myers or any of their top regulars, tweets Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star. The Royals are "willing to listen," however.
    Thank you, come again.

vCash
    Do you even know what "fire sale" means?
    Yes, it means trading everyone. I should have used a better word choice.

But they are making a lot of talent available on the market.

Thank you, come again.
    Guess what? There are many other reports saying that they are listening on every player they have, including Myers.

Myers and their "regulars" also bring back the best talent haul, especially for starting pitching.

Thank you, come again.

vCash
    I read they didn't want to trade their regulars because they are on team friendly contracts.. and they would move Myers if it landed them a number one starter. If they are shopping any of the players above (which I doubt), I would like Hosmer at 1B, but since it's going to take alot to acquire him. I'm holding out for Napoli on a 3 year contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_watson_84 View Post
    I read they didn't want to trade their regulars because they are on team friendly contracts.. and they would move Myers if it landed them a number one starter. If they are shopping any of the players above (which I doubt), I would like Hosmer at 1B, but since it's going to take alot to acquire him. I'm holding out for Napoli on a 3 year contract.
    Like I said, most probably won't get traded, but I've seen a couple reports suggesting that all of the players listed are either on the block or are being gauged for interest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    Yes, it means trading everyone. I should have used a better word choice.

But they are making a lot of talent available on the market.

Guess what? There are many other reports saying that they are listening on every player they have, including Myers.

Myers and their "regulars" also bring back the best talent haul, especially for starting pitching.

Thank you, come again.
    You're very wrong. They're spending money, and trying to get better not fire sale.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    You're very wrong. They're spending money, and trying to get better not fire sale.
    How are they spending money? Because they re-signed Guthrie? That's one player, and it was their own free agent.

And I pointed out that fire sale wasn't the right word. They are gauging interest on their players, and if the right deal comes along they'll pull the trigger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast