Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jake Long may be done for season?

Jeff DarlingtonVerified‏@JeffDarlington

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/s...59800097902592

The Dolphins fear they have lost LT Jake Long for season with torn triceps, sources say. He'll have MRI on Mon., but "it doesn't look good."

What's to fear? I think they looked better without him. Martin did a really good job at his original position.

vCash
    Bai.

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

vCash
    He can leave for all i care. Let Jonathan Martin play there and use jake long's overrated money and use it elsewhere.

We have needs at OG, WR, TE, DE, OLB, and CB.

vCash
    Played him too much last season when he was banged up. He'll rebound when he's healthy, hopefully he'll still be wearing a fins uniform.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    It's been real jlong. I love you man, and hope to see you back here but if you want a ton of money, see you.

vCash
    RT becomes an issue once again.

vCash
    Martin looked better at LT than Long did. just saved ourselves alot of money to use elsewhere aka Mike Wallace. either Long takes a cheaper contract or he walks
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    J. Martin did adequate against below average defenders. If it was against Chandler Jones and he did a good job . . . then damn right he can play LT. But it was against back-ups and he still gave up a sack. Lets see what he does the rest of the year . . . he still has to go up against Aldon Smith, Mario Williams and most likely Chandler Jones in week 17.
    Bottom line is Long is still a top 5 LT in the league and you don't just let that walk out the door. 3 straight injury plagued seasons = top 10 LT money, not top 3 like he will want.
    Franchise the guy and trade him for a 1st or 2nd, or let him stay and prove he can still play at a high level and pay the man in 2014.

Too bad it wasn't as easy in the offseason as a trade of Long for Wallace straight up.

vCash
    hopefully they'll let him walk now
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)

Players I HOPE we Draft

Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

vCash
    Oh boy. Tannehill is going to get crushed.

For the season Martin have given up 25 more hurries than Long had.

He looked ok at LT but keep in mind this is the Pats who have little to no Pass Rush even more so with both of there better rushers out for the game. Lets see how he fairs vs SF and the Smiths.

vCash
    Exactly....people dont understand that, they jus look and say he did "ok" today. Long may not be the LT he used to be, but hes still easily one of the top 5 LT's in the game and those dont come cheap nor are they easy to find.

mad props to phins1983

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Martin looked better at LT than Long did. just saved ourselves alot of money to use elsewhere aka Mike Wallace. either Long takes a cheaper contract or he walks

BTW Derek.....id like to apologize for staying on your *** about RG3. I told ya Id be the first to admit it if I was wrong about him and I was. You were right, you built him up and you was on him early in the year during his senior season. I was never that high on him, I honestly didnt think he would do too good in the NFL but I was wrong.

mad props to phins1983

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    J. Martin did adequate against below average defenders. If it was against Chandler Jones and he did a good job . . . then damn right he can play LT. But it was against back-ups and he still gave up a sack. Lets see what he does the rest of the year . . . he still has to go up against Aldon Smith, Mario Williams and most likely Chandler Jones in week 17.
    Bottom line is Long is still a top 5 LT in the league and you don't just let that walk out the door. 3 straight injury plagued seasons = top 10 LT money, not top 3 like he will want.
    Franchise the guy and trade him for a 1st or 2nd, or let him stay and prove he can still play at a high level and pay the man in 2014.

Too bad it wasn't as easy in the offseason as a trade of Long for Wallace straight up.
    the sack he gave up was a coverage sack. id franchise and trade him. we could have two 1st,2nds and 3rds. could you imagine if we got Bjoern Werner and Jarvis Jones or Keenan Allen and Justin Hunter followed by Eifert in the 2nd lol kidding im smoking good stuff. anyways Long would have got smoked by Aldon Smith. at least its nice to see some of our rookies get some great experience.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfans1984 View Post
    BTW Derek.....id like to apologize for staying on your *** about RG3. I told ya Id be the first to admit it if I was wrong about him and I was. You were right, you built him up and you was on him early in the year during his senior season. I was never that high on him, I honestly didnt think he would do too good in the NFL but I was wrong.
    ive been wrong many times to. Ted Ginn,Dez Bryant,Pouncey,Mallett?,Dalton. sports illustrated magazine got me interested in following rg3 early in his career. i fell in love quickly lol
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    I wish we would just release him already. He was the best in his first 5 years, but he simply has overstayed his stay in Miami. Farewell.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast