Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Arkansas Courting Les Miles

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cording-report

Supposedly the offer is 5 years, $27.5 million dollars. Jerry Jones may be involved in the recruiting here. Signs aren't pointing to a move, but it seems worth some discussion.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    I seriously doubt this happens. Not only would he be leaving a better program, but he's going to LSU's biggest rival.

With that said, Jeff Long needs to hit a homerun with this hire after the messy divorce with Petrino. I've heard Chris Petersen, Gary Patterson & Mike Gundy are the most likely candidates.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-28-2012 at 02:49 AM.

vCash
    les miles wins in spite of himself. i really cant understand how he gets the job done as much as he does with all the dumb **** he does
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    les miles wins in spite of himself. i really cant understand how he gets the job done as much as he does with all the dumb **** he does
    suffocating D, effective rushing attack and great STs... that's how

you have even 2 of those 3 things in CFB and you're usually going to be a in a good position to win week in, week out.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Knile Davis will be back to 100% next season and at 100% he is the best RB in SEC. I mention that in regards to post above me on how Miles wins.

We are offering over 2 million more a year to Miles then LSU pays him. Also the ESPN article got something wrong. Miles agent denied an earlier report, not the one where Miles had been offered 5 years and 27.5million. When that report come out much later in the day his agent could not be reached. Only news to come out after the offer was that Miles is meeting with LSU AD.

I will say that in the end I think this is just helping Miles force LSU to pay him better.

vCash
    I love this conference. Can't wait for the SEC message board meltdowns when/if Auburn offers Kirby Smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I love this conference. Can't wait for the SEC message board meltdowns when/if Auburn offers Kirby Smart.
    I thought Kirby Smart signed a 3 year extension with Bama back when Saban got the extension and big raise, so how does he get to leave?

vCash
    If the Hogs don't get Miles, I don't see how this leak benefits them. It seems that would cost them in the long run because now other coaches are going to want big bucks.
    I agree with Shen above. I think Miles will use this to get more money from LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman
    I thought Kirby Smart signed a 3 year extension with Bama back when Saban got the extension and big raise, so how does he get to leave?
    I believe so, because that was when UGA was about to make an offer for him to become the defensive coordinator at his alma mater after Willie Martinez was fired, but Kirby stayed in T-Town and got a raise, in part because I believe he won't leave until offered a big name head coaching job.

vCash
    Kirby Smart to Auburn? lmao

vCash
    I'm not a fan of either team, I just want to see the reaction. You know SEC teams love stealing each other's coaches.

vCash
    I think it's kind of funny, seems highly unlikely Les Miles would leave the job he has now. However, that is a lot of money to be throwing out there.

vCash
    i think it's just arkansas trying to stir the pot in the SEC west... they know they probably aren't getting him, but they're trying to poke the bear (LSU) and let them know they're not going to fade off into SEC obscurity again.

whether or not that pans out remains to be seen... but i admire the effort from the razorbacks!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    If the Hogs don't get Miles, I don't see how this leak benefits them. It seems that would cost them in the long run because now other coaches are going to want big bucks.
    I agree with Shen above. I think Miles will use this to get more money from LSU.
    I don't think it's a huge deal...whether you think Miles is a good coach or not, he's a big name in college football. Not many other coaches will get that kind of offer anywhere.

Jeff Long's been saying all along that he'll pay up to $6M per for a new coach if he has to. I don't see any way Les Miles takes the job anyway and TBH, I don't really want him to.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-28-2012 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    I have to admit, it would be real interesting in the SEC West if Miles left for Arkansas. Who would LSU go after? Now Kirby Smart's name might come into play, if he is able to leave Bama. Hope that doesn't happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast