Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The GEEEEE Men View Post
    I wanted him to like everyone else but why are people high on him NOW?

#1 - He hasn't even been released yet

#2 - Has MAJOR off the field issues

#3 -

Remove the goggles guys
    That's one man's opinion. He has had major off field issues, but he's also an immense talent on the field. Also, if he tried to do bone headed stuff here he knows he wouldn't get away with it.

This isn't the Raiders with no leadership, no coach, no owner to come down hard.

Plaxico Burress was a bone head off the field but I don't think you disagreed with us getting him.

vCash
    Well he's now getting suspended, not waived.

Raiders suspend Rolando McClain two games

Middle linebacker Rolando McClain was suspended by the Raiders for two games for conduct detrimental to the team Friday morning. He was not released — McClain wrote on Facebook after missing practice Wednesday that he was officially done with the team – though all indications are that will still happen down the road.

For now, the team can keep $121,000 of his $970,000 base salary and not reward him by giving him a chance to hook on with another team.

Raiders coach Dennis Allen said Thursday that “there’s going to be consequences to his actions,” though Allen wouldn’t say what those actions were. The team asked McClain not to come to practice.

“We’ve got to make a decision as an organization,” Allen said. “We’re going to make sure we make the right decision.”

McClain was at practice early Wednesday and then left and didn’t participate due to a “team-related issue,” Allen said. There was one report of a heated exchange between Allen and McClain but a dozen or so players I talked to didn’t see one. S0me saw them talking at one point, but didn’t think anything of it.

McClain’s teammates saw his Facebook comments — including “looking forward to playing for an actual team” — which have since been deleted. Recent free agent signee Omar Gaither will take his spot in the lineup.

McClain is due to make $9.8 million in 2013 and 2014.

McClain was the eighth overall pick in the 2010 draft after helping Alabama win a national championship. He has struggled so far in his career and has had his playing time sharply reduced in recent weeks.

In 41 career games with Oakland, McClain had 6½ sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, no fumble recoveries and did little to help improve Oakland’s struggling run defense.

McClain also had problems off the field. He was involved in a shooting in Alabama last November — one year ago today — when he left the team briefly during the season to attend a family funeral. McClain had been convicted of four misdemeanors in May but he appealed and the charges were recently dropped when the accuser told prosecutors he no longer wanted to pursue the case.
    http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/...ain-two-games/

Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Plaxico Burress was a bone head off the field but I don't think you disagreed with us getting him.
    Good point. Plax was a dummy off the field, but he has a very high football IQ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    That's one man's opinion. He has had major off field issues, but he's also an immense talent on the field. Also, if he tried to do bone headed stuff here he knows he wouldn't get away with it.

This isn't the Raiders with no leadership, no coach, no owner to come down hard.

It's not only one mans opinion, a lot of people who have watched him play think he is horrible. Ryan Leaf had immense talent too coming out of college. Ask Raider fans how good they think he is, he was getting pulled in favor for a rookie on nickel packages. We were in NEED of a WR when we got Plax and he was atleast a good WR prior to joining the Giants, and then he ended up shooting himself anyway. I don't see that big of a NEED at LB, I'm fine with who we have. He would be good for depth, but he's no way worth what we'd have to pay him. It doesn't matter anyway, the matter is moot considering he's not getting released
    Last edited by The GEEEEE Men; 11-30-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    I could be wrong but from what i read this guy had a dude on his knees and shot a gun off next to his head to simulate an execution style killing.....just to scare the guy...class act...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...ssault-charges

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The GEEEEE Men View Post
    It's not only one mans opinion, a lot of people who have watched him play think he is horrible. Ryan Leaf had immense talent too coming out of college. Ask Raider fans how good they think he is, he was getting pulled in favor for a rookie on nickel packages. We were in NEED of a WR when we got Plax and he was atleast a good WR prior to joining the Giants, and then he ended up shooting himself anyway. I don't see that big of a NEED at LB, I'm fine with who we have. He would be good for depth, but he's no way worth what we'd have to pay him. It doesn't matter anyway, the matter is moot considering he's not getting released
    We have a NEED at MLB IMO. Blackburn won't cut it long term and Herzlich hasn't played well enough to overtake his spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schuyler5237 View Post
    I could be wrong but from what i read this guy had a dude on his knees and shot a gun off next to his head to simulate an execution style killing.....just to scare the guy...class act...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...ssault-charges
    No your right, that's exactly what he did.. Sorry not the type of guy I want on my team
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    If he buys into coughlin and listens to the team intake him hearings some old school anger mean lber play (suplex look it up ) ...raiders want what he did but cut him ..

Him n curry I'd try out cirrus a speed bust McClain can ball but its hard when all you have is a safety in tyvon branch and DT/de seymour ..a diff coach every year .. Diff owner sort of ..constantly losing team..

Switch at leaders and qb over injury on a bad team to a guy whose mind is still like a 1 year rookie ..he has playing exp but never cached properly ..

How much is he owed.. That's the question I think here he'd be a stud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12