Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Denver pursuing 2018 Superbowl bid!

Scott DeHuff ‏@DeHuff

@denverpost reports #Denver Mayor & #Bronocs pursuing #SuperBowl bid for 2018. #NFL
    This would be so cool for Denver!!

vCash
    Here is link of the story from the Denver Post..
    One goal that NFL fanatic Denver Mayor Michael Hancock has for his city is to one day bring a Super Bowl the Mile High City, and steps are being made to do just that.

The Denver Broncos and Visit Denver in late August submitted an application to the National Football League's Super Bowl Advisory Committee to bid to host the Super Bowl in 2018, 2019 or 2020.

"We will pursue it along with Visit Denver," Hancock said in a meeting with The Denver Post editorial board on Wednesday. "I think Denver would be head and shoulders above any other city to compete to host a Super Bowl."
    "This is a very preliminary step," said Richard Scharf, president and chief executive officer of Visit Denver. "The (application) is one of those things in the process, to get your foot in the door."
    Denver Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said the football team's owner Pat Bowlen "has always maintained an interest in bringing the Super Bowl to this community and the great football fans of the Rocky Mountain region. He believes the city of Denver along with the Broncos would be excellent hosts."

vCash
    2018 superbowl mvp... brock osweiler! haha

vCash
    I don't see it happening. Weather and bringing people to the game are too important. People will come to the game no matter where it is played but they won't come to the area and spend money in the same way.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Indianapolis is 10 degrees colder than Denver on average in February and averages 3 times as much precipitation. It seemed to work well last year.

Should clarify and say the average high is about 10 degrees higher.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 11-28-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Highly unlikely, the Superbowl is generally played in an area where it is warm or has a dome. Which we don't have either, February is pretty cold throughout the month and high chance of snow. Would be great though.

vCash
    There have been instances where they've made exceptions like with New York, but the market is huge. They've done it with Indy, but there's a dome. I don't think it'll happen either, but I love that they're trying. Also, with the climate change, our winters are becoming milder and milder. It's not just this year that all of the sudden it's 60 degrees throughout the week and it's nearly December.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!