Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Update: Jason Babin claimed by Jaguars

http://phillysportsnut.com/eagles-cu...e-of-the-move/

REPORT: It hasnít taken long for Babin to start lining up interviews. He is on his way to Atlanta to interview with the Falcons and will proceed to the New Orleans Saints following his interview with Atlanta. From there Jason will head to Denver on Wednesday night to talk shop with the Broncos. Another team that could be interested in his services are the Detroit Lions who also run the wide-9.
    Don't know how legit the source is, but if I spot more, Ill post em.

I think Denver Should sign him, and put Wolfe back in the inside. will see though

Other Sources:
    - http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...teams/12307498

Jason Babin; recently released by the Eagles, is on his way to visit the Atlanta Falcons tonight. Following that visit he will visit the New Orleans Saints Wednesday morning followed by the Denver Broncos Wednesday evening. Assuming that Babin is not claimed on waiver these teams can renegotiate his contract. Now in his second stint in Philadelphia, Jason Babin is a ferocious defensive end who has flourished over the last two seasons and emerged as one of the NFLís top pass rushers. Babin re-signed with the Eagles as a free agent prior to the 2011 season and earned his second consecutive Pro Bowl selection after registering a careerhigh 18 sacks. A former first round draft choice (27th overall) of Houston in 2004, Babin has spent time with the Texans (2004-06), Seahawks (2007-08), Chiefs (2008), Eagles (2009) and Titans (2010). Following his Pro Bowl season, Babin signed a five-year deal with the Eagles worth approximately $28 million. This deal included guarantees in the $5Ė6 milli...

Article on Topic:
    - http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...n-jason-babin/
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 11-28-2012 at 11:25 AM.

vCash
    Well out of them teans denver is the best fit. I mean look at all the one on ones hell get here with von doom wolfe abd company

vCash
    Didn't you just say he wasn't a good pass rusher?

Anyway, so much for Denver "having no interest" in Babin. How can you have no interest and still bring him in for an interview..

Now, my hopes go back up. I really want this guy..he fits so well with Denver.

vCash
    he is pretty bad against the run but def good on pass downs

NFL: Denver Broncos
    MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
    NHL: St. Louis Blues
    NBA: Chicago Bulls
    NCAAF: Iowa Hawkeyes
    NCAAB: Iowa Hawkeyes
    EPL: Chelsea Football Club
    FIFA: Deutschland and USA

vCash
    and another denver boy sighting... what is up with that?? lol

NFL: Denver Broncos
    MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
    NHL: St. Louis Blues
    NBA: Chicago Bulls
    NCAAF: Iowa Hawkeyes
    NCAAB: Iowa Hawkeyes
    EPL: Chelsea Football Club
    FIFA: Deutschland and USA

vCash
    Well that'd be nice.

I'll wait a couple hours to see if he clears waivers before getting my hopes up though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    he is pretty bad against the run but def good on pass downs
    he's no different than Doom in the aspect of the running game. His season with the titans showed him to be a good run defender (while he got 700+ snaps) so that tells me that if you have a D-coord that can scheme...he can be effective.

Oh lucky us...we have JDR. This should be fun. Man, I want this to happen.
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 11-28-2012 at 01:49 PM.

vCash
    It would be a nasty pass rush!!! You cant double babin, doom, and von! One of them would be creating havoc on every pass play.

vCash
    Shouldn't need him to be stellar on rushing plays, just need him to be the disruptive force on the other side. Would be an awesome pickup.

vCash
    Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin
    DE @JasonBabin93 will clear waivers today and I hear Atlanta and Baltimore have interest to sign him.
    not really new (for interest wise) except for the fact that he is going to clear waivers.

vCash
    WEEI ‏@WEEI
    AUDIO: Tom E Curran, CSNNE, doesn't like the Patriots chances of signing Jason Babin http://dlvr.it/2YLBcb

vCash
    NFL Network's Rebecca Haarlow spoke to a team source Wednesday who said the Atlanta Falcons have "zero" interest in acquiring Babin, the pass-rushing defensive end released by the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday.
    NFL

It could mean zero in putting in a waiver claim or none at all..who knows..figure I put it all out there.

vCash
    Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
    “@Amit_MileHigh: @dmac1043 @BigAlRadio Does Broncos have any interest in Jason Babin?”

very doubtful
    followed by

Just spoke on conference call w schiano. Admitted there are problems w his secondary but they are getting better. A bad combo of youth and Injuries have plagued them but they also acknowledge they need a much better pass rush. This is basically the key to victory for the broncos
    It would just make sense to be interested in Babin but none of the denver reporters are verifying this meeting with Babin...maybe it's hush hush? Or we really aren't interested.

vCash
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Claiming period for Jason Babin expires at 4:00 p.m. ET; Eagles got some calls from teams who were/are considering it.
    pft

Down to the wire maybe?

vCash
    Jacksonville claimed him. Oh well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast