Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Royce White's career ending up like Leon Smith's?

Will Royce White end up like Leon Smith (6'10" 19 y/o power forward Mavs 2000) minus the arrest and suicide attempt? Smith refused D-league/Euro assignment back then. Stories have some similarities.

When you have 3 first round picks; it can be worth the gamble. I don't fault Rockets for selecting him...I'm sure he said all the right things in interviews?

What say you?

vCash
    Who cares?

vCash
    Dallas was judged harshly for the way they handled things just like Houston is now...Hate to see Rockets blamed so roughly. How can you help a player transition into the league if they refuse. Watched summer league game. Bullard was reporting coaches wanted Terrence Jones to work on outside shooting. Now he is going to D-league and get starter mins and work on that. Hope it goes well T Jones. I love your game. Add that consistent jump shot and you will be a dangerous SF and get around most PF's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    Who cares?
    The Houston Rockets?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Yeah...only 12 roster spots and allowed 3 players to be inactive by way of injury or at D-league. Is White taking a roster spot while in limbo? Mavs got to cut Leon Smith quickly and pay portion of salary over 10 yrs. Don't know legality of the matter; but the Rockets have my blessing. Do they have to worry about fan backlash?? May need that roster spot near trading deadline. His tweet about never being a commodity at the risk of his health; was enough for me !!
    He will find out every team is a business....players are their commodities. He will bite the next hand that feeds it and turn on them too!!
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-01-2012 at 05:17 PM.

vCash
    The only way I would keep him at the rockets is to put him in a package deal to get a another good player. Otherwise release him. I wasn't a big fan of him anyway before all this drama.

vCash
    I'm sure the RG Vipers have the spot for him if he comes back. You can see where that affects both clubs (Rockets & Vipers). I wish a team would show interest in him; doubt it- story too public.

Hidden Gem -or- Cut Bait & Move On
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-01-2012 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    I just hope this guy can get the help that he needs. I don't think he realizes that he is doing more damage than good through his twitter account. If he were actually playing whether it be in the NBA or DLeague, I don't think he would get destroyed on his twitter account. As professionals we hate to hear excuses, and even though he's in his 20's he's a professional at his career and needs to start acting like it, and stop using excuses because none of this was an issue when he accepting his signing bonuses.

vCash
    True...he needs playing basketball as an outlet. He could get that in the D-league and cope with travel schedule ( to a lesser degree than NBA) pitfalls at the same time.

vCash
    It's as if he thinks playing time should just be granted to him rather than earned.

vCash
    The movie, "The Natural", when the owner tells Roy Hobbs:
    [ Sorry for the room being so dark. When he was a boy he was afraid of the dark. In order to beat it, he forced himself to stay in rooms without light for long periods; to the point that he now prefers it (dark).]

Life isnt always that easy. Getting Royce on a plane is probably like getting a cat in a tub of water.
    IMO....if someone is afraid of giving speeches-they probably shouldn't study to be a professor. A person with a severe fear of flying-probably shouldn't try to be a pro baseball or basketball player. Good luck Royce and take care of your health. May your next profession be more suited to you.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-03-2012 at 05:22 PM.

vCash
    Pretty awesome that they supposedly met 2 weeks ago leaving one another optimistic, and yet there hasn't been a single update since then.