Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    That will happen...............I don't want Norv Turner...again
    I usually agree with you.

Have to say you're mistaken on this one. Turner and Wade Phillips are the absolute best coordinators in the NFL.

In fact, get me both of them on one staff and you're practically set...

vCash
    Not a chance Norv will return. If Allen wanted to sell what Turner is peddling he would have employed Saunders to a greater degree or not hired Knapp at all, instead promoting Saunders to OC.

If I were king for the day I would find a way to hire Bobby Petrino to call the plays.

vCash
    0 to none!

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    While I would like to say Zero, Zilch, Ort, etc. However realistically it's probably 50-50. It depends on how stubborn RM and Dennis Allen are. Are they determined to prove the fan base and the media wrong or will they admit defeat and switch directions.

vCash
    On one hand you gotta give a guy some time.

On the other hand, didn't Knapp get time before?

IDK where you go from here. I mean, DA is not an offense guy. How do you even begin to find a good coach, let alone a great one?

If you fire Knapp, you'd be tearing things completely apart to start over a year after you tore things completely apart to start over. Comes a time you not only lose the team, you lose your way.

If you fire Knapp, you may as well fire Dennis Allen as well.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    What was soo great about last season other than the fact that we were 7-4 ..........but ended up 8-8.
    Nothing...which proves my point of how bad Knapp is doing...took an explosive offense for atleast half a season, but there was alot of explosive plays in the 1-4 half of the year, to crap....players have to take a little blame but coaching take a whole lot of the blame....Knapp is crap!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    It was great that we played an awful schedule during a year that had no offseason...which does nothing more than level the playing ground. Last year was smoke and mirrors.

-Stork
    I respect u stork...but thats not very good logic...how can we have played an awful sched if the playin ground was level?...or the the playin ground be level if there were awful teams? we didnt have a leg up on anybody and they finally they caught on after 11gms. last season was no different than this season....cant blame the no offeseaon on are good 7-4 start anymore than u can blame a full offseason on are 3-8 start...not good logic...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderJunkee View Post
    Too bad the chance can't be infinitely zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders-SJ View Post
    hopefully a negative zero.
    Strong understanding of the number line.

Knapp isn't going anywhere,do you really think that Knapp is to blame for how the offense performes.....seriously!
    I don't think many people could have instituted a dink-and-dunk WCO with out team due to:
    -Moore's super raw route running/running style
    -DHB's lack of catching ability
    -Hagan might be the best WCO receiver we have in terms of being able to catch things like a 5-yd slant.
    -DMAC can't run
    -Palmer's a down-the-field guy
    -Everything about Jacoby Ford

You have to have players that fit your offense. Look at SD as a prime example of players that do and do not fit an offense.
    -Meachem is not a physical WR that will go up and attack the ball. Royal is even less physical.
    -Malcom Floyd, 6'5 with pretty good hands and hops, despite being an avg NFL talent, leads the team in WR categories.
    -Danario Alexander, undrafted in 2010, then cut by the Rams this year, comes off the street and in less than 3 games already has produced more than Meachem and Royal combined for the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Turner would be a tremendous choice. Be interesting to see if he'd come back here.
    We need to douche the whole enchilada and provide Allen and Co. with their own guys.
    I would welcome Turner back with open arms, but he's more of an Al Davis-type philosophy (Air Coryell concepts) while Allen's preferred offense seems to be a slower, more methodical attack. Their football philosophies would not mix. It would be like if Norv Turner signed Chad Pennington to run his offense.

However, a rift between the offense and the defense worked out well for this team, but not as well for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Have to say you're mistaken on this one. Turner and Wade Phillips are the absolute best coordinators in the NFL.
    In fact, get me both of them on one staff and you're practically set...
    Hnnnnnnnng... that would be some serious coaching abilities in one room. But I think it would take at least 3 drafts for our team to be molded to those coordinators' plans.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    I hope Knapp will be gone, im thinking 65/35 he goes at this point unless the offense somehow catches fire at the end of the season.. Whomever the new OC is; I hope they come from the GB/PHI WCO school with longer pass routes that will fit better with this receiving corps. The WCO isnt about dink and dunk per se, it depends who's running it..

Personally I would still like an up and comer from the NO staff.. Carmichael isnt leaving to be another OC but maybe one of the other coaches on that staff.

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    I would say he is a lock to return next season

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Strong understanding of the number line.
    I knew you wouldn't understand. Try thinking outside that little box that sits atop your shoulders, once in awhile.
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R8ERNIC View Post
    I respect u stork...but thats not very good logic...how can we have played an awful sched if the playin ground was level?...or the the playin ground be level if there were awful teams? we didnt have a leg up on anybody and they finally they caught on after 11gms. last season was no different than this season....cant blame the no offeseaon on are good 7-4 start anymore than u can blame a full offseason on are 3-8 start...not good logic...
    I hear what you're saying, but I think I was a little unclear. Please pardon me...I've been travelling for weeks and came home yesterday very jet lagged and sick. Lol...I had to log on though, I've missed you guys.

I'm not saying the ground was completely level....just moreso. Teams with solid foundations both on the field and off still enjoyed advantages, but to a lesser degree than we'd normally seen.

I believe the success we enjoyed at the beginning of last season was a mirage.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    On one hand you gotta give a guy some time.

On the other hand, didn't Knapp get time before?

IDK where you go from here. I mean, DA is not an offense guy. How do you even begin to find a good coach, let alone a great one?

If you fire Knapp, you'd be tearing things completely apart to start over a year after you tore things completely apart to start over. Comes a time you not only lose the team, you lose your way.

If you fire Knapp, you may as well fire Dennis Allen as well.
    Yeah but I believe it will be better for them to admit their wrong, instead of limiting ourselves for the next two years! We should move on!

vCash
    Knapp will be out lookin in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R8ERNIC View Post
    McFadden, Moore, Palmer Reece Ford( i know injury, not knapps fault) and even DHB... all had impact plays last year. Hue had these guys rolling until he become to overwhelmed with the power he was handed...either Hue was a genius of a coach or he put his Impact players in position to succeed. Something Knapp has failed to do...
    The biggest problem with Hue was as you mentioned....he was overwhelmed with the power landing on his lap...he couldn't do both things at that given time....he was though very able to run our offense.

Now in terms of Knapp....I can't see why we even brought him in...it's like using a blood hound to guard the sheep...or a german shepard as a lap dog.....even a toy poodle as a rabid pit fighter....Knapp's offense if just not a workable machine with the tools we have on our team!
    Last edited by BuellstRaider; 11-29-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast