Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Knapp isn't going anywhere,do you really think that Knapp is to blame for how the offense performes.....seriously!
    seriously

vCash
    Knapp will be the sacrificial lamb, the fall guy.

-Stork

vCash
    Impact players?
    McFadden, Moore, Palmer Reece Ford( i know injury, not knapps fault) and even DHB... all had impact plays last year. Hue had these guys rolling until he become to overwhelmed with the power he was handed...either Hue was a genius of a coach or he put his Impact players in position to succeed. Something Knapp has failed to do...

vCash
    Unquestionably, Hue Jackson has a brighter offensive mind than Greg Knapp. No contest.

But Hue Jackson would have never accepted a demotion back to OC and he was unemployable as an HC. He had to go.

-Stork

vCash
    DA saw what NO did with bright minds on offense. He must see at least a few shocking differences between Knapp's approach and that approach.

It's not just the play-calling, it's the way DHb and Moore are playing this year compared to last. it's the regression of the OL. It's a lot of things. Knapp is a great QB coach and an average OC.

he should have gotten a lot more out of this offense than he has this year. It should be unacceptable.

vCash
    Mcfadden again is overrated,Moore has had more dropped passes and run more bad routes,Palmer has thrown way too many INT's,( a lot of tipped passes) 1: because our defense can't stop anybody and 2: behind Mcfadden and Goodsen we have no running game ,even mixing ZBS and PBS,neither was effective, Reese and Stewart now share the load and are showing signs of a running game.
    If players aren't executing it doesn't matter who the OC is.

vCash
    Mcfadden again is overrated,Moore has had more dropped passes and run more bad routes,Palmer has thrown way too many INT's,( a lot of tipped passes) 1: because our defense can't stop anybody and 2: behind Mcfadden and Goodsen we have no running game ,even mixing ZBS and PBS,neither was effective, Reese and Stewart now share the load and are showing signs of a running game.
    If players aren't executing it doesn't matter who the OC is.
    So last season was a fluke???? Before Hue decide to become HC/GM/Owner and neglect his game day play call planing during the week he had this offense at a high level..even when Campbell went down and Palmer came in with limited plays to help Palmers transition. So hue is that great of a offensive coach...made over ratted players perform at a high level.. and knapp is that bad that he cant.?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R8ERNIC View Post
    So last season was a fluke???? Before Hue decide to become HC/GM/Owner and neglect his game day play call planing during the week he had this offense at a high level..even when Campbell went down and Palmer came in with limited plays to help Palmers transition. So hue is that great of a offensive coach...made over ratted players perform at a high level.. and knapp is that bad that he cant.?????
    Uh... yeah?

We need to see how Greg Knapp finishes the season before you can say emphatically that he should / should not be retained.

So far, not so good. Many of us - myself included - were horrified when Knapp was hired last year. I'd like to see if he can get things turned around before I toss him to the curb.

It should be noted, however, that a number of highly qualified offensive coaches are about to come available. Staff turnover will probably get current head coaches like Jason Garrett, Norv Turner, Chan Gailey and Pat Shurmur looking for employment - they're all upgrades over Knapp, with Turner and Gailey being my preferred replacements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Uh... yeah?

We need to see how Greg Knapp finishes the season before you can say emphatically that he should / should not be retained.

So far, not so good. Many of us - myself included - were horrified when Knapp was hired last year. I'd like to see if he can get things turned around before I toss him to the curb.

It should be noted, however, that a number of highly qualified offensive coaches are about to come available. Staff turnover will probably get current head coaches like Jason Garrett, Norv Turner, Chan Gailey and Pat Shurmur looking for employment - they're all upgrades over Knapp, with Turner and Gailey being my preferred replacements.
    Im with u 100% on that..jus some believe its more the players not the OC, where I believe its the OC not the players. No doubt the players have to take some of the blame but 1st to worst run game, more on the scheme and OC than the players..we have the right pieces on offense. Maybe some more moves on the O-line and another impact player. Knapp has 5gms to prove himself. My preference would be Turner...

vCash
    Turner would be a tremendous choice. Be interesting to see if he'd come back here.

I think another obstacle this team has faced this year is a lot of these guys understand their time here was limited the moment McKenzie was hired and Jackson was dismissed. Instead of doing their job to the best of their abilities, they're dogging it and sulking. The leadership in the lockerroom, from the players themselves, seems to me to be rather lacking.

We need to douche the whole enchilada and provide Allen and Co. with their own guys.

-Stork

vCash
    I say we dump Knapp just like we dumped Bresnahan. Two losers who should not have been brought back. It makes no sense!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R8ERNIC View Post
    What was soo great about last season other than the fact that we were 7-4 ..........but ended up 8-8.

vCash
    [QUOTE=themadstork;24499649]Turner would be a tremendous choice. Be interesting to see if he'd come back here.

I think another obstacle this team has faced this year is a lot of these guys understand their time here was limited the moment McKenzie was hired and Jackson was dismissed. Instead of doing their job to the best of their abilities, they're dogging it and sulking. The leadership in the lockerroom, from the players themselves, seems to me to be rather lacking.

We need to douche the whole enchilada and provide Allen and Co. with their own guys.

-Stork[/QUOT

That will happen...............I don't want Norv Turner...again

vCash
    It was great that we played an awful schedule during a year that had no offseason...which does nothing more than level the playing ground. Last year was smoke and mirrors.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I say we dump Knapp just like we dumped Bresnahan. Two losers who should not have been brought back. It makes no sense!
    Yeah, but the only guy who could take over the reigns at this point is Al Saunders, who runs a completely different offensive system.

So, no go on all that.

If Allen wants to stick with the WCO / ZBS that Knapp implemented, there are a lot of teams who run similar systems at this very moment.

Perhaps the most intriguing potential 'free agent' out there will be Marty Morningwheg, of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Reggie almost pulled the trigger on hiring Mornhinweg as the head coach of the team. Take that for what it's worth.

Brad Childress might also be available. He had some very good offenses in Minnesota, despite having terrible QB play before Brett Farve.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast