Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O-Line

vCash

O-Line

You guys can close this thread, but please hear me out...

Last years starters were:

LT- Veldher
    LG- WIZ
    C- SATELE
    RG- Carlisle
    RT- Barnes

This years:

LT-Veldher
    LG- Carlisle
    C- WIZ
    RG- Brisiel
    RT- Barnes/Smith

After watching the Colts play, Satele has played very well with the Colts and has managed the Center position. Many of us bashed him last year, but makes me think what if he was playing with the Raiders? Our left side would be dominant with the WIZ at Guard. Him and Veldher obviously were on the same page. I dont think neither of them have done better than they did last year. Wiz has done a good job ay C, but i believe he is a better Guard.

Bash me if you like, just my opinion. We should of never signed Briesel and we should of Kept Satele. Our O-Line was one of our strong points last year.

*If only Campbell knew how to slide we would of made the playoffs, we seem so far away from that now!!!

vCash
    Yeah Wiz had a much better year at guard and should've stayed there. Not to mention Briesel, our biggest FA purchase, has been a disappointment to say the least. Especially coming with Knapp from Houston to run this stupid offense. I actually thought he'd be our best lineman based on the experience in the scheme. Looks like a complete waste of what little cap money we had. Oh well, there seems to be a good batch of lineman coming in the draft. So hopefully we can address the damn trenches on both sides of the ball for once!!

vCash
    I still think move Wiz back to LG, find a damn right tackle and a center, and hope to god Briesel figures out what the feck he's doing. Keep Carson upright for his last 3 years or so and the guy can sling it. He throws pics when hes uncomfortable and gets happy feet, throws off his back foot, has to throw it early, etc. Oh and on a side not, get in the film room with these fargin receivers so they can actually run proper routes and break offs on blitzes. Its either bad communication or ****** coaching for not addressing it.

vCash
    Briesel was a bad signing, hope the GM recognizes this and cuts their loses with him and Knapp.

vCash
    The biggest problem is ,,, Every team in the league needs Offensive lineman. We better find somebody(or somebodies) in the draft. Free agency might force us to overspend to get a serious starter.

vCash
    I don't necessarily think Wiz was a better gaurd, but our left side was better with him. Watch how far he gets out on a pull from the center position. That was his strength in college and why we drafted him. Cooper needs to go and A new RT as well. I'm willing to let Briesel slide a year. I would honestly prefer drafting a Lt in the first round and move Veldheer to RT. Barnes isn't a bad run blocker, but gets hammered in pass protection. I wouldn't mid moving him inside honestly, other ten his metal mistakes.

Either way, OL and DL should be a priority in the offseason. I don't think why are as bad at run blocking as we think, as our Reee and Stewart look decent enough that grabbing another RB in the offseason and dumping brokeback DMC will be fine for the system. We need protection for our QB period. And we need to get to the QB.

vCash
    veldheer, wiz, and satele in pbs

stop bringing up last year's o line (or 2010 d line), i'm kinda pissed off now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    veldheer, wiz, and satele in pbs

stop bringing up last year's o line (or 2010 d line), i'm kinda pissed off now
    ****, I think they'll do a good job in PBS as well. We should off kept that group together. Satele was undersized, but man he had heart and fight.

vCash
    Satele sucks, get over it. No one cried when we let him go, just like no one cried when we signed Briesel. Hindsight is 20/20.

But yeah, we need a few more players on the o-line, and yeah, I'd rather have Wiz playing next to Veldheer.

-Stork

vCash
    Can't turn back time so it doesn't really matter at this point. We need several new players on both lines. These current cats are not getting it done.

Games are won and lost in the trenches, and we keep losing because we loose there just about every down.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Really?? weren't you tired of Satele getting pushed back into Jason Camphell(sp) on 3rd and short or worse 4th and goal.???

We need new players .

vCash
    If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...hindsight is better than 20/20...This is going to bring us back to the scheme vs talent argument anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...hindsight is better than 20/20...This is going to bring us back to the scheme vs talent argument anyways.
    Well that certainly is a good point.

vCash
    I will say that Khalif Barnes has always been terrible. We have had problems at RT for a long time. I would like to see Wiz moved back to LG , Breisel was suppose to be a sure thing but I really cant stand the guy. I dont see much out of him however I do not put this on Reggie because he was projected to be a solid guard by many of the experts. I really think we can find a guard in free agency to plug into the right side. Please get a good tackle, which I think we will after this years patchwork (draft a center)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flash47 View Post
    well that certainly is a good point.
    lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast