Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBraves View Post
    The hold up is Dbacks are asking for Anderlton Simmons in the trade. Braves dont want to trade him. I dont blame them. You cant fill a hole and create another in the process. No legit SS option for the Braves at the moment.

Both Justin and BJ came out and said they would like to play together after BJ signed with the Braves. Good news for the Braves, I guess.
    Trade Paul Janish, I'm sure that could get it done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I would think the lesson would be more that you should trade those guys when they are still good.
    Easier said than done! I wish you would share our magic ball with these GMs so they can see in to the future and make the right trades.
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    It's actually been four years.

His stats over the past 4 years he's had .242 avg, .316 oba (.235 RISP) while averaging 162 k's per season.
    yep... plus when u figure we just signed Wright to a deal where he is only getting an avg of 2mil more per yr then BJ Upton, that really shows how great a deal we got for Wright and i think Braves got screwed.

BJ isn't that good. Period. He has speed and inconsistant power but he's a rally killer by hitting around .240 for 4 straight years while averaging 162 K's and he'll probably bat leadoff since Bourn will be gone and Upton can at least steal 30 bases... but with Upton batting leadoff, how great are those 28 homers he hit last yr gonna be? Most of them are likely to be solo shots. And the 28 he just hit are a career high. It's not crazy to think he could come down to more like 15-20 HR's. And like i said, coming from the leadoff spot, 15-20 HR's with a .240 BA and around a .300-.315 OBP just isn't gonna cut it. I'm glad the Braves signed him to that deal. I honestly believe they will regret it big time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    yep... plus when u figure we just signed Wright to a deal where he is only getting an avg of 2mil more per yr then BJ Upton, that really shows how great a deal we got for Wright and i think Braves got screwed.

BJ isn't that good. Period. He has speed and inconsistant power but he's a rally killer by hitting around .240 for 4 straight years while averaging 162 K's and he'll probably bat leadoff since Bourn will be gone and Upton can at least steal 30 bases... but with Upton batting leadoff, how great are those 28 homers he hit last yr gonna be? Most of them are likely to be solo shots. And the 28 he just hit are a career high. It's not crazy to think he could come down to more like 15-20 HR's. And like i said, coming from the leadoff spot, 15-20 HR's with a .240 BA and around a .300-.315 OBP just isn't gonna cut it. I'm glad the Braves signed him to that deal. I honestly believe they will regret it big time.
    He shouldn't bat lead-off though. I think he might do well with a change of scenery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post

Actually thats about the going rate for a player of BJ upton caliber these days. Tori Hunter got 3 years at $13m at the age of 57?

BJ Upton is not as bad as you would like to think. A legit 20-20 player with really good defense at a primium position who averaged just near 4 WAR the last 3 years. Plus you are getting him at his peak with the contract expiring when he hits 32 years old.

Why are you even comparing this contract to Wrights? Wright is a different player and the face of your franchise. Plus you are concentrating on just $2 million extra Wright is getting and completely ignore that Wright's contract is longer and Wright is older. You will be paying Wright the same amount of money when he's 37. So the two contracts do not compare at all.

But I do think it was a great idea for the Mets to lock Wright up and finally have a homegrown talent retire a Met.
    El Oso Blanco

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123