Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaidersKing44 View Post
    ALAMEDA -- Raiders starting middle linebacker Rolando McClain said Wednesday that he no longer is with the team. The Raiders countered by saying McClain still is on their 53-man roster.

Then again, this might be just a matter of semantics, given the deadline to waive McClain came and went without a move being made.

"Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!" McClain posted on his Facebook page.

He then added, "Well technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers" and "I'd like to be anywhere besides here."

What we know for certain is that McClain did not practice Wednesday because of what coach Dennis Allen called "team-related issues."

When asked if he cared to share more
    details, Allen said: "No more details, no more comments. Just team-related issues."

The Raiders have until 1 p.m. Thursday to submit McClain to the waiver wire for the transaction to kick in that day. A team spokesman said he doesn't know whether that's going to take place.
    The anywhere else he should be is jail.

vCash
    Unfortunately in Al's last years he gave too much power to the players. It was Al's way or the highway. Keep the players happy or your gone. Now the tables have turned and Mark has given the power back to HC. So its DA's way or the highway. I guess Ro's mind was more on the 880 than on the field at the O.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    I can just see it now. He gets signed by KC just like Routt did and start saying "chiefs nation" lol

JK

But seriously, **** this puto.
    and like routt, the cheifs will cut him too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Reading between the lines... he quit on the team.

You get paid an unbelievable amount of money to play football, and you quit on the team?

Good riddance. He'll be back in 'Bama, shooting up more of his friends before too long.

Damned shame. I really thought McClain was going to be a good player - I readily admit, I was wrong.
    Me too man. Well said.

Oh well, nothing of value is lost and we continue the process of paring the dead legs off the roster.

This offseason is going to be a bloodbath.

-Stork

vCash
    McClain coming out on defense was like Gallery coming out that year on offense - a 'can't miss' kind of prospect. But they were misses. Kinda sad that the few 'smart' picks Al made backfired.

vCash

McClain gone?

Wow, this is news to me. What a quitter . I donated his jersey a while back.

What GM would want a guy like him? He is a bum. He is only tough with a 9mm in his hand.

Goodbye

vCash
    Can he take Kelly with him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman323 View Post
    Can he take Kelly with him?
    I would have cut Kelly yesterday and the day before that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    I would have cut Kelly yesterday and the day before that
    I would have cut him when he got ejected from the game.

vCash
    He was the defensive version of Jamarcus. Mcfadden on his way out next?

vCash
    I always said I didn't want Al to draft this slob. I've honestly never seen a top college player like him play with so little energy. He never laid anyone out in college, never played with a high motor, and constantly jogged in the games. I literally lost all hope for him last year when I went to the game against the Lions and I watched him half *** it literally from the first play.
    I've been waiting for this day. But now who plays there? We just cut Curry too. Super thin at linebacker.

vCash
    more cuts please. Sadly, I think McClain can still become a good LB, in a 3-4 defense.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Me too man. Well said.

Oh well, nothing of value is lost and we continue the process of paring the dead legs off the roster.

This offseason is going to be a bloodbath.

-Stork
    Yeah... this off-season might be a hell of a lot of fun.

This board is going to know what it was like to be in the Aztec society - every day, new sacrifices to the football gods, LMAO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Reading between the lines... he quit on the team.

You get paid an unbelievable amount of money to play football, and you quit on the team?

Good riddance. He'll be back in 'Bama, shooting up more of his friends before too long.

Damned shame. I really thought McClain was going to be a good player - I readily admit, I was wrong.
    He did quit on the team and was unmotivated. He seemed like he didn't care when he was out there. Watch him become a good LB with another team. An "actual team"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...aving-oakland/

Someone named Jim Morris apparently spoke with Raiders middle linebacker Rolando McClain on Wednesday and was told by McClain that he “will weigh options” after leaving Oakland.
    As of now, McClain remains on the Raiders 53-man roster and their starting middle linebacker. However, his status is up in the air after he missed practice today for what coach Dennis Allen called “team-related issues.”
    A sports anchor in Birmingham Tweeted the following:
    “Former Bama LB Rolando McClain no longer with OAK. He writes: I’m gonna weigh my options. Looking forward to playing for an actual ‘team.’ ”
    Two sources within the Raiders said McClain has not been waived but that it remains a distinct possibility. The deadline for submitting waivers today already passed.
    McClain was Oakland’s first-round pick in 2010, the No. 8 overall selection, out of Alabama. He started from the outset but has failed to live up to the lofty expectations of a player so highly regarded coming out of college, where he was a standout for the Crimson Tide.
    Coach Dennis Allen demoted McClain from an every-down player to someone that played only in the base package. Rookie Miles Burris supplanted McClain whenever the Raiders went to their nickel package.
    Just recently, McClain supposedly put this on his Facebook page.
    “Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!”
    Followed by:
    “Well technically I am. But I’m mentally done. Just waiting on my papers”
    And: “I’d like to be anywhere besides here.”
    Anywhere besides here? How about the unemployment line.

I was so pumped when we drafted him, I thought he was gonna be an All Pro for us. He had the potential but he did not want to put in the effort. This guy was a cancer to the team and him being gone will be a locker room relief, in the sense that we do not have to worry about other team members following his lack of work athetic, and poor performance because of the piss poor example he set.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast