Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I bet he plays better in a 3-4, we are so messed up I can't tell who can play or not cause we are failing at every level on both sides of the ball?

vCash
    Just food for thought....

Do you guys think we did this because we wanted to land Babin and thought we were going to? Then all of the sudden the Jags get him before us due to waiver order now we look like idiots? He isnt even officially cut yet right? A small part of me thinks that we just screwed the pooch on this one

vCash
    not that it matters to me really I am not impressed with his performance to income ratio.

vCash
    Raiders' McClain not practicing for 2nd straight day

By JOSH DUBOW
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 12:37 p.m.
    Last Modified: Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 12:37 p.m.
    ALAMEDA — Linebacker Rolando McClain is not practicing again for the Oakland Raiders a day after being held out for an undisclosed team-related issue.

The Raiders say McClain is still on the team's roster Thursday despite being held out of practice for two days. Coach Dennis Allen is scheduled to address the media later in the day.

McClain was the eighth overall pick in the 2010 draft. He has struggled so far in his career and has had his playing time sharply reduced in recent weeks.

In 41 career games with Oakland, McClain has 6 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, no fumble recoveries and has done little to help improve Oakland's struggling run defense.

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    I don't like this move. If your not good up front then you wont be good at the LB position. Its like having a good offensive line and a slow running back. They work hand in hand. Im sure there were reasons way beyond that we don't know.

So, gathering from what everyone on here is saying.... WE NEED :::

Better D lineman
    Better LB's
    Better DB's

Better RB's
    Better O lineman
    Better QB's
    Better WR's

I think I covered it all.

vCash
    and better special teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    I hate to imply this, but I think it's the raider culture that is the problem. How many players have we drafted now that are considered busts? We may have reached a lot on a few picks, but most picks were made within the general area of where they were predicted to go in the draft.

It's a deeper problem guys and it has to do with lack of stability and continuity.
    I think you hit it on the head, he may be a turd but I have seen people come here and they are terrible then they go other places and shine, doesn't seem like we coach these guys up and play to their strengths...just like they are doing this year with the zone scheme, Why change something that was working the last few years? And the giants picked up a lineman we cut and he did look terrible here but how can he go start for a Super Bowl team but barely get action on our poor o-line?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I don't like this move. If your not good up front then you wont be good at the LB position. Its like having a good offensive line and a slow running back. They work hand in hand. Im sure there were reasons way beyond that we don't know.

So, gathering from what everyone on here is saying.... WE NEED :::

Better D lineman
    Better LB's
    Better DB's

Better RB's
    Better O lineman
    Better QB's
    Better WR's

I think I covered it all.
    . I think you said what I said a different way, we are failing at every level on both sides of the ball...so McLain is only a small piece of the problem, I don't know that ray Lewis could save this piss poor group of individuals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdell View Post
    I think you hit it on the head, he may be a turd but I have seen people come here and they are terrible then they go other places and shine, doesn't seem like we coach these guys up and play to their strengths...just like they are doing this year with the zone scheme, Why change something that was working the last few years? And the giants picked up a lineman we cut and he did look terrible here but how can he go start for a Super Bowl team but barely get action on our poor o-line?
    This......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Just food for thought....

Do you guys think we did this because we wanted to land Babin and thought we were going to? Then all of the sudden the Jags get him before us due to waiver order now we look like idiots? He isnt even officially cut yet right? A small part of me thinks that we just screwed the pooch on this one
    No, I don't think so. Oakland did NOT put a claim on Babin.

Allen said McClain broke team rules yesterday. Allen asked McClain not to attend practice today. Allen said McClain would face 'consequnces' for his actions - but he refused to elaborate on what that meant.

I have no idea what happened, but McClain did something wrong. Since no other player has faced this kind of discipline, I imagine McClain did something really wrong.

BTW - Carson Palmer has a sudden 'thumb injury' that Allen was talking about. Palmer injured, McClain in trouble, a random post on drugs and alcohol within the Raider locker room.

Curious...

vCash
    I think you hit it on the head, he may be a turd but I have seen people come here and they are terrible then they go other places and shine, doesn't seem like we coach these guys up and play to their strengths...just like they are doing this year with the zone scheme, Why change something that was working the last few years?
    I have no idea why the Raiders switched to the zone scheme. Nobody was happy when Knapp was hired - that much is verifiable from 'post history.'

And the giants picked up a lineman we cut and he did look terrible here but how can he go start for a Super Bowl team but barely get action on our poor o-line?
    That's about stability.

Boothe has had the same coaches preaching the same scheme for the past 5 years. He's been with the Giants since 2007 - he's had one coaching scheme, system and staff for five years.

Development takes time. Players need to have the same fundamentals, practice after practice, week after week, month after month, year after year - that's just my opinion.

Some posters lose track of the human elements.

Imagine this scenario with whatever you personally do professionally - you go into work, but they've changed the computer system, the phone system, the protocols, etc... and then, six months later, they overturn the whole damned thing again.

Rinse and repeat, year after year - it would be exhausting. That is the issue, IMO, with the Raiders and their draft picks. I am hoping Dennis Allen can turn things around, stick it out and provide stability for this organization.

Get these guys into one system, one set of fundamentals and one sort of coaching, year after year. That's what I want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Since we're all talking about McClains future with the team I would like to tell everybody that Quentin Groves is a staring 3-4 OLB for the Arizona Cardinals. He has three sacks in eleven games which is a career high for him. I can only remember that he did not have a single sack during his tenure with the Raiders. Another former player that did not fit our 4-3 scheme.
    Deangalo Hall comes to mind, sucked with us, plays pretty good with the Redskins, but lets flip a coin, Stanford Routt sucked for us, and he did for KC too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I have no idea why the Raiders switched to the zone scheme. Nobody was happy when Knapp was hired - that much is verifiable from 'post history.'

That's about stability.

Boothe has had the same coaches preaching the same scheme for the past 5 years. He's been with the Giants since 2007 - he's had one coaching scheme, system and staff for five years.

Development takes time. Players need to have the same fundamentals, practice after practice, week after week, month after month, year after year - that's just my opinion.

Some posters lose track of the human elements.

Imagine this scenario with whatever you personally do professionally - you go into work, but they've changed the computer system, the phone system, the protocols, etc... and then, six months later, they overturn the whole damned thing again.

Rinse and repeat, year after year - it would be exhausting. That is the issue, IMO, with the Raiders and their draft picks. I am hoping Dennis Allen can turn things around, stick it out and provide stability for this organization.

Get these guys into one system, one set of fundamentals and one sort of coaching, year after year. That's what I want.
    This is right on the money shred. Right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    No, I don't think so. Oakland did NOT put a claim on Babin.

Allen said McClain broke team rules yesterday. Allen asked McClain not to attend practice today. Allen said McClain would face 'consequnces' for his actions - but he refused to elaborate on what that meant.

I have no idea what happened, but McClain did something wrong. Since no other player has faced this kind of discipline, I imagine McClain did something really wrong.

BTW - Carson Palmer has a sudden 'thumb injury' that Allen was talking about. Palmer injured, McClain in trouble, a random post on drugs and alcohol within the Raider locker room.

Curious...
    Wow, this sounds really dramatic. Wonder what the guy did. Why is Palmer hurting? I guess we will know more when DA steps up to the podium today. PSD's Adam Shefter needs to be hitting the social media and finding out for us.
    SD where you at?

vCash
    Jason La Canfora:

"No mention of Rolando McClain on today's waiver wire. Not released. Not suspended. Not moved from any active roster to any other designation."

vCash
    I wonder what Dennis Allen is playing at with all of this...?

FWIW, if Oakland is switching to a 3-4 defense, he should be kept. That's just my opinion.

If RM-DA didn't want McClain around, he'd be gone. Allen's probably trying to accomplish something... so we'll see what shakes out.

It's a weird situation.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast