Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    Brady has a 7-1 TD-INT ratio
    Manning has a 3-1 TD-INT ratio

Hmmm..
    Shhhh Manning is the GOAT. Don't speak like that here.

You have to talk about Peyton like he just passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Could very well be.......I don't dislike McCarthy but I catch myself wondering about this coach or that coach often.

I always used this for QB's. It was the Matt Ryan Realm. He was never good enough to win you a SB, but never bad enough for your to move on from. It's almost like a curse. I may need to update the name there because I do have more faith in him and MM did win a SB but he almost feels like that.
    I've never been that impressed with McCarthy. He's basically an Andy Reid clone in every way. Only difference between the two is a Lombardi... which I don't put too much stock in. I mean, Barry Switzer was able to win one. George Seifert won two, and probably wins a third if Montana doesn't get hurt in the championship game. Does anybody really think either were great coaches?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    I've never been that impressed with McCarthy. He's basically an Andy Reid clone in every way. Only difference between the two is a Lombardi... which I don't put too much stock in. I mean, Barry Switzer was able to win one. George Seifert won two, and probably wins a third if Montana doesn't get hurt in the championship game. Does anybody really think either were great coaches?
    True. In 2010 I did think I saw growth in McCarthy. I thought maybe the light had finally come on. But I've been relatively disappointed since. Some of that is his fault some was some personnel issues but still...I'm not sold but I don't think he's a bum or anything.

vCash
    I feel that Packers fans sometimes don't appreciate McCarthy as much as they should. He is a better coach than he is made out to be.

Its not all Cry Baby Aaron Waaaaaaaahhhhhhjas doing it all.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I feel that Packers fans sometimes don't appreciate McCarthy as much as they should. He is a better coach than he is made out to be.

Its not all Cry Baby Aaron Waaaaaaaahhhhhhjas doing it all.
    Most Packer fans, my age at least. Have been incredibly spoiled. I think that plays into it.

We ***** about going 15-1

vCash
    I always thought Peyton's and Brady's lack of mobility was a bonus of sorts.

Having little ability to escape the pocket made them that much more deadly inside. I never found it truly a hindrance. I actually think Rodgers legs, like you have said, have caused him to lack development being a true timing passer because he can believes he can hold the ball longer and find a way to stay up right and wait for the bigger play. It's quite annoying.

He still wants to live off the big play. Every shot play we have drawn up, trick or heavy set PA deep, etc....he still talks the shot deep if it's covered because I imagine that was drawn up in the game plan to be their big hitter. Drives me insane.
    This is true. Its Rodgers biggest issue IMO. Its why Brady is still #1 right now and Peyton might be better too (although I still have Rodgers as slightly ahead of Peyton in the grand scheme of things).

We often get awed by what Rodgers can do that Brady can't, but that doesn't mean that he is better than Brady. Brady doesn't have the same flaws that Rodgers has.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-12-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Most Packer fans, my age at least. Have been incredibly spoiled. I think that plays into it.

We ***** about going 15-1
    I hea ya...but last year wasn't McCarthy's fault. He is an offensive guy. The offense was great last year.

The defense was the problem. Thats not really McCarthy's bread and butter.

I think McCarthy is a very good offensive coach and a good enough all around head coach.

I mean, you won a SB with him, so its not like he is one of those guys who can't win you one.

You make it sound like he is not good enough to win you one, but too good to get fired.

You may need to rethink that. I'm sorry that Vince Lombardi isn't still around, but you'll have to do with McCarthy.

Boo hoo.
    DUDA

vCash
    Rather Gruesome the Turd lol
    DUDA

vCash
    This is true. Its Rodgers biggest issue IMO. Its why Brady is still #1 right now and Peyton might be better too (although I still have Rodgers as slightly ahead of Peyton in the grand scheme of things).

We often get awed by what Rodgers can do that Brady can't, but that doesn't mean that he is better than Brady. Brady doesn't have the same flaws that Rodgers has.
    Think it may go back to coaching. Rodgers flaws are very fixable. McCarthy gives him too much rope.

vCash
    Rather Gruesome the Turd lol
    Yeah how does he come up with this ****.

vCash
    Think it may go back to coaching. Rodgers flaws are very fixable. McCarthy gives him too much rope.
    You see, this is what I am talking about.

McCarthy being used as the scapegoat again.

Isn't is possible (or actually probable) that this is purely the fault of Rodgers?

It may be a fixable flaw, but its Rodgers job to fix it. He is the one out there on the field. He is a veteran enough player to handle this issue on his own.
    DUDA

vCash
    Yeah how does he come up with this ****.
    I'm waiting for him to come up with an Eli one.
    DUDA

vCash
    You see, this is what I am talking about.

McCarthy being used as the scapegoat again.

Isn't is possible (or actually probable) that this is purely the fault of Rodgers?

It may be a fixable flaw, but its Rodgers job to fix it. He is the one out there on the field. He is a veteran enough player to handle this issue on his own.
    I know how McCarthy is with Rodgers. He lets him get away with too much because of his talent. He trusts him too much.

There probably is one. I just haven't found them all yet.

vCash
    pretty sure he has at one time or another, had one for evey QB
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Rodgers is the best qb in te game today, period.. Over their careers I would ofcourse take Brady's but there's no telling what Rogers career will look like, he already holds numerous early career type records.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast