Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Wait until he sees this and he will talk down to you.

He doesn't think McCarthy is a top 20 coach I believe it was either.

Guy has some issues with the Packers if you ask me.
    i didnt know it was even possible to think that
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i didnt know it was even possible to think that
    I'll find it. Just a sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Well let me see:

Belichick, Coughlin, Harbaugh x 2, Payton, Reid, Tomlin, Shanahan, Fox, Fisher, Whisenhunt, Smith (the Mike variety), Kubiak and Schwartz are all easily better in my mind and that's 14.

After that, I like Philbin, Pagano, and Frazier about as much as I like McCarthy. I'm still waiting on Philbin but I think he'll be a good head coach - same with Munchak. I also think Jason Garrett is on par with McCarthy, maybe better. Marvin Lewis and Lovie Smith are on this same rung as well.

So no, he's not one of the 15 I would take in this league. Is he top 15 right now for me though? Maybe, but only just since I would easily take all 14 of those guys over him.
    It was bottom 15.

I also think Jason Garrett is on par with McCarthy, maybe better.

LOLOLOL

vCash
    Couple of Packers circle jerkers in here. I have nothing against the Pack, and Rodgers is clearly an elite QB. Just because someone doesn't think he's the best doesn't mean he hates the Packers forever (omg terrible omg). I won't even bother arguing with either of you since your feelings just get hurt when someone says Packer player/coach X isn't the GOAT.

vCash
    Couple of Packers circle jerkers in here. I have nothing against the Pack, and Rodgers is clearly an elite QB. Just because someone doesn't think he's the best doesn't mean he hates the Packers forever (omg terrible omg). I won't even bother arguing with either of you since your feelings just get hurt when someone says Packer player/coach X isn't the GOAT.
    I can count on one hand the number of times I've argued about the Packers outside of our forum in the last month.

Brees isn't better than Rodgers. He's just not.

I didn't even care about your McCarthy comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But then I see that and Rodgers and I start to wonder.

That being said, Brady is the best QB in the NFL still. But Brees is not better than Rodgers. I don't even know how anyone could defend that stance.

vCash
    I can count on one hand the number of times I've argued about the Packers outside of our forum in the last month.

Brees isn't better than Rodgers. He's just not.

I didn't even care about your McCarthy comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But then I see that and Rodgers and I start to wonder.

That being said, Brady is the best QB in the NFL still. But Brees is not better than Rodgers. I don't even know how anyone could defend that stance.
    With arguments like these it's no wonder you don't leave the Packers forum. Assert until you're tired and then assert some more.

Obviously they are very close and resaonable people can disagree (despite what your homer glasses say) but I like Brees because he's a complete QB. Rodgers is a nice scrambler and an accurate passer but he struggles without a run game and in obvious passing downs. That's probably part of the reason he has 2 4th quarter comebacks in the last 3 years (Brees has 8).

Brees has a higher INT% and lower TD% because he is basically the entirety of his offense. The run game is manufactured off of his arm, which is part of the reason he has 500 more attempts than Rodgers since 2008. PSD likes to say it's "dumping off" but if it were really that easy every single QB in the league would do it. It requires quick decision-making and really the only other QB in the league that has decision-making quick enough to do it is Brady (but he lacks the mobility for it).

Rodgers, on the other hand, is more of an elite Tony Romo type of QB (or Steve Young if you think I'm trying to disparage his style by comparing it to Romo). His decision-making isn't as quick except in timing routes but his scrambling and accuracy allows him to make plays other QBs can't.

Finally, Brees has had a worst cast around him on offense virtually every year until arguably last year (when he got Jimmy Graham). I'm sure you'll try to tell me that Colston is elite or Darren Sproles but it's just not the case. Colston would have had a solid career as a possession receiver because of his size but he would never have looked like a #1 without a QB like Brees (or Rodgers, to be fair). Sproles was a gimmick until he came to NO. Meachem was a dangerous deep threat until he went to San Diego (ironic since Rivers has the better arm). Lance Moore was undrafted. Etc., etc.

Like I said though, reasonable people can disagree. You're a Packers fan so obviously you do, But continually asserting that "Rodgers is just better he just is there is no argument he just is" doesn't make you any more convincing or intelligent.

vCash
    Wait until he sees this and he will talk down to you.
    Told you.

With arguments like these it's no wonder you don't leave the Packers forum. Assert until you're tired and then assert some more.

Obviously they are very close and resaonable people can disagree (despite what your homer glasses say) but I like Brees because he's a complete QB. Rodgers is a nice scrambler and an accurate passer but he struggles without a run game and in obvious passing downs. That's probably part of the reason he has 2 4th quarter comebacks in the last 3 years (Brees has 8).

Brees has a higher INT% and lower TD% because he is basically the entirety of his offense. The run game is manufactured off of his arm, which is part of the reason he has 500 more attempts than Rodgers since 2008. PSD likes to say it's "dumping off" but if it were really that easy every single QB in the league would do it. It requires quick decision-making and really the only other QB in the league that has decision-making quick enough to do it is Brady (but he lacks the mobility for it).

Rodgers, on the other hand, is more of an elite Tony Romo type of QB (or Steve Young if you think I'm trying to disparage his style by comparing it to Romo). His decision-making isn't as quick except in timing routes but his scrambling and accuracy allows him to make plays other QBs can't.

Finally, Brees has had a worst cast around him on offense virtually every year until arguably last year (when he got Jimmy Graham). I'm sure you'll try to tell me that Colston is elite or Darren Sproles but it's just not the case. Colston would have had a solid career as a possession receiver because of his size but he would never have looked like a #1 without a QB like Brees (or Rodgers, to be fair). Sproles was a gimmick until he came to NO. Meachem was a dangerous deep threat until he went to San Diego (ironic since Rivers has the better arm). Lance Moore was undrafted. Etc., etc.

Like I said though, reasonable people can disagree. You're a Packers fan so obviously you do, But continually asserting that "Rodgers is just better he just is there is no argument he just is" doesn't make you any more convincing or intelligent.
    I've argued this to death. Believe what you want. If we poll hardcore fans Rodgers would dominate. If you want to be a rebel go ahead. It doesn't make you anymore right than me or the majority. Throw your pompous one liners around and cast me as a big homer. Fine.

I'll take Aaron Rodgers over him every day of the week. So would 75% of NFL fans, at least.
    Last edited by Norm; 12-10-2012 at 01:02 PM.

vCash
    Oh I'm sorry, I thought you came here to debate this. I guess it was just to complain to your Packers buddy that someone disagrees with you about Rodgers. Well qq

vCash
    Lol. Classic.

We're done here. I just got qq'd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Brees
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Yuurrrppp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Brady
    Peyton
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    rodgers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Brady
    Manning
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanman14 View Post
    rodgers
    manning
    brady
    drees
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    When will people learn football is a team sport....

Give me Rodgers every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsallabouttheU View Post
    So your arguement is that Rodgers has had no defense and no running game? Well then by your own logic your choice should be Brady.

Pats haven't had a good to great run game since Corey Dillon. Brady was given the statistically speaking worst defense in history last year and was one dropped catch away from another Sb.

I'm not saying your arguement is invalid I'm just saying that the same logic you use for Rodgers is equally if not more true about Brady.

That being said as of right now?
    1: Brady
    2: Rodgers
    3: P.Manning
    4: Brees
    5: E.Manning
    6:Ryan
    7:Roethlisberger
    8:Flacco
    9:Romo
    10: Dalton/Rivers
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post
    Brady
    Manning
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    1 - Brady
    2 - Brady
    3 - Rodgers

7 - Bird pooped on my faces Brees
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Brees

Alright so let's count all those. All of them, everyone but you. Rodgers over Brees.

Now here's all the Brees over Rodgers posts.

Peyton
    Brees
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Hmm. But I'm sure we're all Packers homers right? We just can't possibly understand the game at your level. You're so clearly superior to us that we're just all wrong and don't get it? Right?

11 out of 12 have Rodgers over Brees. That didn't even count my vote.

I take back my 75% it's more like 90%

I'll be awaiting your next round of backhanded insults.

vCash
    The way to win an argument is an appeal to the majority opinion.

vCash
    The way to win an argument is an appeal to the majority opinion.
    So out of 13 people. You are right and the other 12 are all wrong.

Just making sure that's what you're saying. We're ALL ignorant and we cannot compare to your level of NFL knowledge.

That's what you are saying.

vCash
    So out of 13 people. You are right and the other 12 are all wrong.

Just making sure that's what you're saying. We're ALL ignorant and we cannot compare to your level of NFL knowledge.

That's what you are saying.
    No, this is what I was saying:
    Like I said though, reasonable people can disagree
    Please read.

vCash
    No, this is what I was saying:

Please read.
    Just felt very contrarian to me when Brady was four as well. Then again I believe your a Jets fan so that makes sense.

vCash
    Brady is 4th because he lacks mobility or elusiveness at this point and outside of Belichick's system I don't have faith he could still be better than the other 3. In his prime Brady was equal to, and sometimes better than, Peyton.

Jets fan? Please. There's not a thing I like about any New York team except Tom Coughlin (but I do believe in Eli).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast