Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gene Smth

vCash

Gene Smth

Other than Genes drafts I like the moves he has made. But I still dont think these nice moves he has made towards the season end will save his job, and shouldnt IMO.

vCash
    To me I think these moves he is making, he is trying to save his job. But this late in the season I dont know if there is anything he can do to save his job. Maybe win out.

vCash
    His job isn't in need of saving.

Forty-Nine Tackles | Two Forced Fumbles | One Sack

"The lion never roars after the kill. That's who We are! We got work to do!"
    - Gus Bradley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoJo122-b-21 View Post
    His job isn't in need of saving.
    2-9 Naw not at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    2-9 Naw not at all
    I think he ment there isn't any chance it gets saved...?

IDK, if we finish 5-11 or 6-10, I think he could get til next year. Honestly, this team does need more talent but if Henne keeps winning us games or keeping us in it, a lot could be shouldered to Gabbert on us being so terrible these last couple years.

vCash
    A team's record reflects more than the talent on the field. This season is proof.

There is a ton of talent on the field, showing flashes at different times. Many elite teams have had the same issues before breaking out - most recently the 49ers and Saints, even the Packers in Rogers' first season. Texans, the year before last (when everybody, everywhere was wanting to run everyone in the organization out of town)

The beauty of NFL Football is everything coming together at the right time - Gene's team isn't that far off. I can't sell anyone on it right now, but I can definitely say I told you so when the pieces come together.

Forty-Nine Tackles | Two Forced Fumbles | One Sack

"The lion never roars after the kill. That's who We are! We got work to do!"
    - Gus Bradley

vCash
    A team's record reflects more than the talent on the field. This season is proof.

There is a ton of talent on the field, showing flashes at different times. Many elite teams have had the same issues before breaking out - most recently the 49ers and Saints, even the Packers in Rogers' first season. Texans, the year before last (when everybody, everywhere was wanting to run everyone in the organization out of town)

The beauty of NFL Football is everything coming together at the right time - Gene's team isn't that far off. I can't sell anyone on it right now, but I can definitely say I told you so when the pieces come together.
    Well, we've kind of seen that with Henne. The thing is though, he's been here for how long and we still need serious help along the oline, corners, and our pass rush is still one of the worst in the league.

vCash

Gene said himself this team lacks talent

vCash
    I wouldn't surprise me if he gets fired, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets retained.

Honestly, since Gabbert is still young, why don't we develop him under Henne like we wanted to with Garrard? He could learn somethings from Henne like pocket presence and keeping your composure along with not staring down your receivers. Who knows, maybe that's what they end up doing.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    MOJOOOOOO welcome back brotha!!!

i agree with you guys- its weird with henne this team shows flashes of what we were suppose to be. its like when the QB situation gets better even the defense plays better. its weird. but i still think hes gone.

vCash
    I think it's time for us to get rid of Gene.. I can no longer just "trust in Gene". Always worry about what kind of joke picks he's going to make in the draft. Let's get a real GM in here and continue with what were working on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauds91 View Post
    I think it's time for us to get rid of Gene.. I can no longer just "trust in Gene". Always worry about what kind of joke picks he's going to make in the draft. Let's get a real GM in here and continue with what were working on.
    Yeah i agree he just hasnt done enough in his 4 yrs as gm.

vCash
    Tucker has to go....few teams have the personnel to consistently play cover 2 and be effective....we are not one of them and he seems to not realise that....some variation is needed

vCash
    Gene is definitely gone. Id honestly be very surprised if he was back
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    Gene is definitely gone. Id honestly be very surprised if he was back
    Yeah there has to be someone out there that can do a better job than Gene has done the last 4 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast