Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan was 'super drunk' in a teletubby costume

vCash
    we've all been there.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    i have no problem with him. standard 20 year old non-sense. if it happens again then Detroit may have a problem.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    He was friends with a couple of my buddies (we're from the same city) and they have always been pretty goofy like that. Good kids but real goofy and not ones to take life too seriously. Hope he learns from this and realizes that you can't let this type of stuff happen if you want to make it big.

vCash
    He was caught with DET's D-man Brendan Smith's license. Hope doesn't get in trouble too, he's slated to grab the #6 spot for the Wings this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    i have no problem with him. standard 20 year old non-sense. if it happens again then Detroit may have a problem.
    I'm going to completely disagree. This was completely idiotic. DUI, underage drinking, fake license. The kid put people's lives on the line when he decided to be an idiot. Hoping he gets more than just a slap on the wrist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I'm going to completely disagree. This was completely idiotic. DUI, underage drinking, fake license. The kid put people's lives on the line when he decided to be an idiot. Hoping he gets more than just a slap on the wrist.
    Lighten up man, boys will be boys. Besides, we're all imperfect beings in an imperfect world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Lighten up man, boys will be boys. Besides, we're all imperfect beings in an imperfect world.
    Trust me, I'm no angel. I drank when I was underage just like the large part of the population...but I always made sure to do it in a "safe" setting. Not doing it in public. Not doing it when I have to drive. Etc.

When you are a prospect, when you could be in the public eye, you have to take measures to make sure you protected yourself.

Boys will be boys...I disagree with that. He is an adult and needed to act like one, but he didn't.

vCash
    How did this leak in the first place? you never see video footage of anyone when athletes get DUIs.

Are they even allowed to show this to the public without consent from the person. What kind of messed up world do Americans live in? Let him deal with this with his family not with the entire continent which can now see second by second footage of him. Yes it was a dumb thing to do, but don't consequence the guy by uploading police video for the whole world to see. He's already going to have enough trouble with the charge, his parents, and identity fraud. Who cares if he's a high prospect, you don't see Dany Heatley's police video all over the internet. This is a sad world.

vCash
    It is a sad world in those regards to the above poster I agree. But at the end of the day when you're in the public eye you have to watch your every step. The worst thing the kid could of done was channel his inner Patrick Kane. Now he'll have to deal with the consequences. I do agree with the "boys will be boys" arguement to a certain extent. The extent ends when we discuss drinking and driving because that's unacceptable at any age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    It is a sad world in those regards to the above poster I agree. But at the end of the day when you're in the public eye you have to watch your every step. The worst thing the kid could of done was channel his inner Patrick Kane. Now he'll have to deal with the consequences. I do agree with the "boys will be boys" arguement to a certain extent. The extent ends when we discuss drinking and driving because that's unacceptable at any age.
    Agreed. The amount of NHL players/prospects who underage drink at sometime is probably at 99% pretty easily. The second it goes to drinking/driving though it is a completely different story. I suppose the one smart thing Patrick Kane did was apparently make sure he was never driving...hence the Taxi and Limo/Ugly Girl instances. Even the secondary ID is meh...but the drinking and driving is just unacceptable and there is absolutely no reason for it to take place.

vCash
    Funny thing is Grand Rapids is not a big city, so it's not like it's easy to get buy unnoticed, also, I'm pretty sure only about 3,000 people in the city really know who he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Agreed. The amount of NHL players/prospects who underage drink at sometime is probably at 99% pretty easily. The second it goes to drinking/driving though it is a completely different story. I suppose the one smart thing Patrick Kane did was apparently make sure he was never driving...hence the Taxi and Limo/Ugly Girl instances. Even the secondary ID is meh...but the drinking and driving is just unacceptable and there is absolutely no reason for it to take place.
    Couldn't agree with you more. Guy could of seriously injured himself or worse, someone else.

Yeah, have a beer or two and drive. But when you're 3x the legal limit. Thats ****ing absurd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Yeah, it's totally "boys will be boys" driving drunk down the wrong side of the road.

Will "boys will be boys" suffice if he hit someone? What if someone died? Is the proper response "boys will be boys"?

This is a gravely serious offense. "Boys will be boys" is not anywhere near the reality of this. This one is not okay.

Boys will be boys is what you say when your son TP's someone's house.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Boys will be boys huh...try telling that to one of my closest friends who's father was killed by a drunk kid behind the wheel a few years ago. I don't care how old you are, you'd have to be a ****ing moron to get behind the wheel four times the legal limit. If I had it my way, this kid would be in jail. You wanna drink or drink underage, I don't care. I was a party animal and still kinda am but the fact that these guys are paid pro athletes and can't get a cab is ****ing mind boggling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast