Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

30 14.49%
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Playoffs shouldn't matter, but they do/will. With that said, I pick Luck because I think he'll be in the playoffs and RGIII will just miss out this season.

vCash
    With that logic then we should veto Cam Newtons award last year and give it to Andy Dalton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    With that logic then we should veto Cam Newtons award last year and give it to Andy Dalton.
    It's the only logical thing to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    Would make sense actually.

vCash
    so norm do you think doug deserves serious consideration for the award?

I feel like Yards from scrimmage (rushing + recieving) is a serious stat and to lead that as a rookie, I dont understand how you dont win the award.

I cant even imagine how long its been since a rookie lead the league in that category

We Want Winston

vCash
    How did this guys seriously say RG3 is leading the league in (Passing + Rushing) when there are at least 7 qbs with more passing yards than RG3s combined...including Andrew Luck

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post

I feel like Yards from scrimmage (rushing + recieving) is a serious stat and to lead that as a rookie, I dont understand how you dont win the award.

I cant even imagine how long its been since a rookie lead the league in that category
    I would vote for RGIII #1 Luck #2 and Martin #3

That being said, I have not seen Martin play in the NFL.

8. 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM
    Reason
    Insults

vCash
    you would still put martin 3rd if he leads the league in rushing+recieving over rice, ap, foster and the rest...as well as besting what ap did in his rookie year(last time a rb won the award)?

i would love to know the last rookie to lead the league in (rushing + recieving)

We Want Winston

vCash
    RG3 and its not close sorry

vCash
    Martin is on pace to have the 3rd most yards from scrimmage all time for a rookie

only behind eric dickerson in 83 and edgerrin james in 99
    better rookie year stats then anyone in the league now and barry sanders, gale sayers and all the rest

how do you guys compare a good rookie season for a qb to an all time great rookie season for a rb

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/nflrookies.html

We Want Winston

vCash
    Martin is on pace to have the 3rd most yards from scrimmage all time for a rookie

better rookie year stats then anyone in the league now and barry sanders, gale sayers and all the rest

how do you guys compare a good rookie season for a qb to an all time great rookie season for a rb

Fun note... RG3 isnt just having a good rookie season he is having a great rookie season and if he continues he will probably have the 2nd greatest rookie season ever behind Otto Graham who played in a different time so its hard to really compare those 2 with how different the game was.

Take a read

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redski...2#.ULgjC-QrWQ4

Its from last month but he is still putting up similar numbers to when that was written I believe.

vCash

RGIII might be the best rookie QB I've ever seen.

QB's importance is far bigger than RB. It's just reality. I like Martin, don't get me wrong. I just think it's different.

Do you actually think Martin should win? Because if you think he should WIN I would say you are delusional. If you think he deserves more respect or mention, I would agree.

vCash

Also the Yds from Scrimmage is insanely close while RG3 is much better in other areas... RG3 has about 350 less yards I believe while Luck has about 100 less attempts... RG3 would need to play about 3 more games...I am pretty sure over 3 games he would surpass luck by several games... Again the Yards from scrimmage would favor RG3 when you break it down and factor it in with their attempts while RG3 still is better in a ton of other areas

vCash
    RGIII's stats may be a bit better, but I'd have to give it to Luck seeing that he's taken a one win team to a possible playoff team in his rookie season. That impresses me a lot for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by more-than-most View Post
    also the yds from scrimmage is insanely close while rg3 is much better in other areas... Rg3 has about 350 less yards i believe while luck has about 100 more attempts... Rg3 would need to play about 3 more games...i am pretty sure over 3 games he would surpass luck by several games... Again the yards from scrimmage would favor rg3 when you break it down and factor it in with their attempts while rg3 still is better in a ton of other areas
    ftfy

RG3's yards per attempt is 2nd in the NFL. He's not chucking the ball all over the field like Luck which is why he doesn't have the amount of passing yards.
    Last edited by Shareeb_omac2; 11-29-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast