Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

    69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

    108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

    30 14.49%
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 594
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ilion, NY
    Posts
    7,889
    vCash
    1500
    Last RB to win the award

    2007
    Adrian Peterson
    Rushing 238 attempts 1341 yards 12 tds 5.6 ypc 95.8 ypg 4 fumbles
    Recieving 19 rec. 268 yards 1 td 14.1 ypc 19.1 ypg

    2012
    Doug Martin
    Current
    Rushing 218 attempts 1050 yards 9 tds 4.8 ypc 95.5 ypg 1 fumble
    Recieving 29 rec. 332 yards 1 td 11.4 ypc 30.2 ypg

    Projected
    Rushing 317 attempts 1522 yards 13 tds 4.8 ypc 95.2 ypg 1 fumble
    Recieving 42 rec. 479 yards 2 tds 4.8 ypc 30 ypg

    over 2000 combined yards better stats than APs rookie year...nuff said?

    We Want Winston

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Guys try and be neutral for a second.

    RG3 and Luck are both playing very good and you could make an argument for or against either.

    Let me ask you this

    If Doug Martin leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage how does he not win the award?

    Winning and playing good as a rookie is nothing out of the ordinary. Leading the league in rushing yards and recieving yards combined is unheard of. Doug is on pace to hit 2000 yards(rushing+recieving). I feel like hes getting shafted.
    RG3 already has 3100 yards and is on pace for 4500. What's your point?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ilion, NY
    Posts
    7,889
    vCash
    1500
    A. Your a redskins fan so you cant be neutral, obviously not meant for you or anybody else who want to start an argument bud

    B. Thats including passing numbers and hes not gonna be leading the league in that statistic as Doug will be. Hes playing at a very high level and I would pick him over Luck obv. but Doug should be getting serious consideration and I find it absurd that he is not.

    We Want Winston

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    39,256
    vCash
    4409
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    A. Your a redskins fan so you cant be neutral, obviously not meant for you or anybody else who want to start an argument bud

    B. Thats including passing numbers and hes not gonna be leading the league in that statistic as Doug will be. Hes playing at a very high level and I would pick him over Luck obv. but Doug should be getting serious consideration and I find it absurd that he is not.
    Isn't that the same thing you're doing?



  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ilion, NY
    Posts
    7,889
    vCash
    1500
    Im trying to bring up somebody who nobody else in here even mentioned.

    We Want Winston

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    St Paul
    Posts
    336
    vCash
    1500

    Muscle hamster!!!

    Doug Martin made that team a real threat.. Yes he has talent around him, but his ave per rush has stayed the same with or with out the best LG in the league.. He is a special player who I think is having the season to be in the MVP and ROY running for sure, he may not win.. RG3 is putting up some sweet #'s but still if he can continue he will win because he is behind center.. plus Muscle Hamster is a much better nick name then RG3

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Im trying to bring up somebody who nobody else in here even mentioned.
    But your a Bucs fan so it doesn't count. Bring up someone else.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    A. Your a redskins fan so you cant be neutral, obviously not meant for you or anybody else who want to start an argument bud

    B. Thats including passing numbers and hes not gonna be leading the league in that statistic as Doug will be. Hes playing at a very high level and I would pick him over Luck obv. but Doug should be getting serious consideration and I find it absurd that he is not.
    Your saying Martin should win because of his combined yards receiving and rushing. He is not going to lead the league in receiving yards. He is not going to lead the league in rushing yards. He will lead the league combined though. Okay.

    RG3 will not lead the league in passing yards. RG3 will not lead the league in rushing yards. He will lead the league combined though. He is something like 15th overall in rushing yards, beating out a lot of RB's. He wins.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Your saying Martin should win because of his combined yards receiving and rushing. He is not going to lead the league in receiving yards. He is not going to lead the league in rushing yards. He will lead the league combined though. Okay.

    RG3 will not lead the league in passing yards. RG3 will not lead the league in rushing yards. He will lead the league combined though. He is something like 15th overall in rushing yards, beating out a lot of RB's. He wins.
    Lol something like 15th. Or something like twice as far back as that.

    He's not even close to leading in passing+rushing either.

    Maybe you should double check things before you say them?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,549
    vCash
    1500
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing

    Okay RG3 is ranked 21 in rushing. Not quite 30 there bud.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing

    Okay RG3 is ranked 21 in rushing. Not quite 30 there bud.
    Whatever I googled he was 25. Let me check my history.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1

    Has him 25 there. And I didn't mean literally. You said "something like" so I said something like to mock you.

    Ahh, something is screwy and it's by YPG but it says total yardage on NFL.com for me. I can't even change the ordering.

    Either way you were off and he's not near close to passing+rushing. So you were wrong by a lot twice.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing

    Okay RG3 is ranked 21 in rushing. Not quite 30 there bud.
    So is he still going to have the most combined yardage for QBs then?

    Waiting for you to correct me

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,549
    vCash
    1500
    Please, by all means, tell me one other QB that has more passing yards and rushing yards than RG3. I'll wait.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Either way you were off and he's not near close to passing+rushing. So you were wrong by a lot twice.
    Still waiting for that to be proven... because so far all I can look up are stats telling me how right I am.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Please, by all means, tell me one other QB that has more passing yards and rushing yards than RG3. I'll wait.
    That's not total combined yardage.

    When you COMBINE THINGS, it means you PUT THEM TOGETHER.

    "He will lead the league combined though."

    See, now I will combine Matt Stafford's yards for you.

    3,429+106=3535

    Now RGIII

    2,497+642=3139

    There's 6 or 7 other guys ahead too.

    Thank you for playing How Combining Things Works. And congrats on being completely wrong on your only two points in that post in a reply to a guy you were trying to rip on.



    Just admit it. You were wrong.

  16. 11-29-2012, 09:05 PM
    Reason
    Insults

  17. 11-29-2012, 09:07 PM
    Reason
    Insults

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •