Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

30 14.49%
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    I ALREADY SAID he is most likely going to be very good and probably as soon as next season. I don't know why it's so difficult for some to admit he hasn't been as good right off the bat as people expected though. He just hasn't. For an NFL ready prospect and the best prospect in the past 20 years or whatever, he is struggling more than you'd think he would. He hasn't been that good this year. He will probably be very good next season as I have said numerous times now.

I was saying he was getting way too much hype well before the Lions game. I've seen more games than just the Lions game. His noodle arm wasn't any more impressive in the games before the Lions game.
    He's not struggling. That's my whole point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    He's not struggling. That's my whole point.
    And my point is that you are overlooking a lot of deficiencies in his game at this point because of how much hype he got coming out of college and what you and many others expected him to be his rookie season.

Agree to disagree my man. He'll most likely be very good as soon as next season but I vehemently disagree he has been better than Wilson/RGIII this season and his statistics are as misleading as you are making them out to be.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 12-12-2012 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    And my point is that you are overlooking a lot of deficiencies in his game at this point because of how much hype he got coming out of college and what you and many others expected him to be his rookie season.

Agree to disagree my man. He'll most likely be very good as soon as next season but I vehemently disagree he has been better than Wilson/RGIII this season and his statistics are as misleading as you are making them out to be.

I do find it funny that you are mad about the attention Peyton is getting for his play just because he's Peyton when this is extremely similar though.
    I don't overrate Luck based on hype. RGIII is the more hyped player. I don't overrate him. And like you said I don't overrate Peyton and he's the hyped guy.

You're reaching.

But agree to disagree.

On a side note. I was on AdvanceNFLstats the other day and Luck is #3 in WPA and 8 in EPA. Even that made me go, HUH
    Last edited by Norm; 12-12-2012 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    I don't overrate Luck based on hype. RGIII is the more hyped player. I don't overrate him. And like you said I don't overrate Peyton and he's the hyped guy.

You're reaching.

But agree to disagree.

On a side note. I was on AdvanceNFLstats the other day and Luck is #3 in WPA and 8 in EPA. Even that made me go, HUH
    I deleted the Peyton comment before you responded FWIW. After I typed it out I was like, meh, that's not really true. Anyways, we will agree to disagree on this subject. I liked RGIII better coming out of college but now long term I would take Luck.

vCash
    I deleted the Peyton comment before you responded FWIW. After I typed it out I was like, meh, that's not really true. Anyways, we will agree to disagree on this subject. I liked RGIII better coming out of college but now long term I would take Luck.
    He's clearly a better natural passer if he wants to be. That's why watching all this read stuff is kind of disappointing me. I'm just being impatient is all but I want to see what he can become as a true passing QB.

I still think Luck ends up being incredible.

vCash
    Luck for sure. RG3 had the better team.

vCash
    This is a ROY discussion....its not about the future, or who u think will be better, or who has the better team, or who u like more or who has the most hype, or who was the first pick..its about who is playing better right now..this current season, this year. And if you look at the stats:

23 tds to 23 turnovers
    vs.
    24tds to 6 turnovers

Luck has less tds than rg3 and has thrown almost 200 passes more. RG3 has the highest rating in the league as a rookie. luck is completing 55% of his passes, while RG3 is completing 66% os his passes. RG3 leads the league in completion % against 5 or more rushers, and of passes 10 yards or farther with the most tds of 59+ yards. Luck has played a strenght of schedule of .420 while RG3 has played against a .530. It really doesnt get any more clear than this.

vCash
    Luck has done some things well, but I feel he is getting far too much hype for his actual production.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    This is a ROY discussion....its not about the future, or who u think will be better, or who has the better team, or who u like more or who has the most hype, or who was the first pick..its about who is playing better right now..this current season, this year. And if you look at the stats:

23 tds to 23 turnovers
    vs.
    24tds to 6 turnovers

Luck has less tds than rg3 and has thrown almost 200 passes more. RG3 has the highest rating in the league as a rookie. luck is completing 55% of his passes, while RG3 is completing 66% os his passes. RG3 leads the league in completion % against 5 or more rushers, and of passes 10 yards or farther with the most tds of 59+ yards. Luck has played a strenght of schedule of .420 while RG3 has played against a .530. It really doesnt get any more clear than this.
    This isn't baseball.

Stat googling FTL.

I'd wager you haven't seen an entire Colts game this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Luck has done some things well, but I feel he is getting far too much hype for his actual production.
    From who? Only me and Colts fans don't think he's (his stats are) garbage.

vCash
    This is a ROY discussion....its not about the future, or who u think will be better, or who has the better team, or who u like more or who has the most hype, or who was the first pick..its about who is playing better right now..this current season, this year.
    Slow clap started...

vCash
    This is a ROY discussion....its not about the future, or who u think will be better, or who has the better team, or who u like more or who has the most hype, or who was the first pick..its about who has the best stats. Stats ALWAYS decide the better player in all situations throughout time of the NFL
    Quoted for the truth.

vCash
    From who? Only me and Colts fans don't think he's (his stats are) garbage.
    More or less the media. I think the kid is going to be a good QB, possibly great, but he certainly has his flaws (everyone does). And the media thing isn;t just about luck, it's the whole Pagano thing, destiny, Luck, etc.

It's not a knock, but I think RGIII is still the hands down favorite.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quoted for the truth.
    Quoted for the truth.

vCash

I'd wager you haven't seen an entire Colts game this year.
    Funny ...I was thinking the same thing about u.

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast