Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

    69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

    108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

    30 14.49%
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 594
  1. #346
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    My point was, Giant fans claim Eli is the best clutch quarterback. Colts fans think Luck is a great clutch quarterback with all of his comeback wins. Myself, as a fan of neither, do not care who is more clutch. Is this a pointless post? Probably.

    Side note: are you a RATM fan?

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by r.i.p.taylor21 View Post
    Never said Garçon was equal to Reggie but he is RG3's #1 and after that the talent drops. Wayne is a savvy veteran and Garçon is not. Which in turn means that Luck is in a better position to adjust to the NFL but Griffin is still outperforming him. And reread the post about the jerseys. I stated that he has outsold any player for the mere fact that he has been so successful. Tebow was a marketing tool and nothing more. He was the 8th wonder of the world for selling the hell out of jerseys and not doing anything, lol. I still don't get that one.
    I just think jersey sales at all is the silliest thing to bring up. This JNA cat is killing me for things that OROY doesn't take into effect. That's def something that doesn't mean ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Fact is lucks low completion percentage isn't dragging the offense down since its a vertical offense that nets large chunks of yardage. The colts first down percentage isn't low and his incompletions aren't causing the colts to lose. He is 9 and 4 and he will probably have the most game winning drives as a rookie QB.
    Exactly.........
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    Dat Bold.
    Do explain the difference, im intrigued. I'm also far from a stat guy I hardly understand half of them . But I do know that any QB that leads the league in INTs and have as much as them as they do TDs makes it quite difficult to choose that guy when their are others that have been playing better.
    Brees leads in INTs. Garbage QB.

    And it's pretty simple. RGIII creates a whole system that Luck cannot with his legs. He's multi dimensional and Luck is not on that level. He's harder to defend as a football player but that will only last so long. The quarterbacking acumen of Luck is superior but RGIII is way better athletically that it makes him a better football player.


    So since it's an individual award we don't take anything else into affect? If a RB had the best OL of all time we don't take that into affect? If the QB has far better WRs than another we don't take that into affect? Just speaking in general. It's foolish as hell because it's an "individual award" that we just basically compare stats and that's it? We don't look at what they do for their teams or their surrounding talent? I don't even know how you have this opinion.

    ummm...what? I said why does it matter in a individual award? Which is something you still haven't answered.
    See above.

    when did I say that? Seriously are you even talking to me? I think you've been arguing with Skins fans all day lol. For the 10th time, whether Luck leads the team in those wins or not is irrelevant. This is not the MVP award, this is OROY. Simple.
    Because wins aren't any indication of how good your QB is or anything. Teams with horrible QB's are 5 games above 500 all the time.

    For a guy that doesn't card about the award, you sure act like a guy that cares...a lot lol. I didn't say Luck is a horrible QB either. All I said is that he is not up to par compared to Wilson and Luck.

    Its not really how I make it sound, its what it is lol. Its what it's always been. If you don't like it, (as im sure many Colts fans don't) I'm afraid they will be forever disspointed.
    He is up to par with Wilson and RGIII. Which is the whole point. People can't realize that because of stats. Brees who most people consider still the #3 best QB in the NFL has 16 INTs like Luck. Is he trash too? Worse than Wilson and RGIII?

    Maybe the award is meaningless, so why continue on this whole shtick? You've been on this weird anger tantrum where you claim you don't care you don't care yet your throwing a huge fit over it. It's a little disturbing.

    Their future is a different topic of itself because voters don't vote a rookie QB based on their future, they vote based on their rookie year. Hence the name of the award. If we were voting based on future, Aaron Rodgers should have won OROY despite the fact he sat on the freaking bench behind Farve lol.
    I like that you think I'm throwing a fit. Don't flatter yourself.

    I'm aware of how the award works. I'm trying to argue Luck vs RGIII within a OROY thread. Which you can't seem to grasp.

    'm glad you find what your saying is more interesting, just know that some if not most of what you have said will have absolutely no impact XD.
    And I don't give a **** about any impact on the award. I'm trying to wake people up about what Luck is as a quarterback versus RGIII and Wilson or whathaveyou.

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Here's a question. Who should win gm of the year? I think grigson did the most with very little salary cap to work with. The leading tackler is from the cfl.
    I would definitely vote Grigson for Exec of the year.

  4. #349
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Here's a question. Who should win gm of the year? I think grigson did the most with very little salary cap to work with. The leading tackler is from the cfl.
    Jerry Jones.

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    My Happy Place
    Posts
    10,853
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I just think jersey sales at all is the silliest thing to bring up. This JNA cat is killing me for things that OROY doesn't take into effect. That's def something that doesn't mean ****.

    I'm a cat? I prefer Tiger but I do love cats too.

    Brees leads in INTs. Garbage QB.

    Actually he did just tie with Luck which is pretty bad yet Brees also has 32 TDs. Big difference.

    And it's pretty simple. RGIII creates a whole system that Luck cannot with his legs. He's multi dimensional and Luck is not on that level. He's harder to defend as a football player but that will only last so long. The quarterbacking acumen of Luck is superior but RGIII is way better athletically that it makes him a better football player.

    How do you know when a player lasts? I do love crystals as much as the next guy but I don't believe you have one lol. And once again, why does something like "but that won't last long" statement matter in something like THIS year? Unless you mean RGIII wont last this season. But you already just made an argument why RGIII is better already so I don't need to say anything else lol.

    So since it's an individual award we don't take anything else into affect? If a RB had the best OL of all time we don't take that into affect? If the QB has far better WRs than another we don't take that into affect? Just speaking in general. It's foolish as hell because it's an "individual award" that we just basically compare stats and that's it? We don't look at what they do for their teams or their surrounding talent? I don't even know how you have this opinion.

    thats correct. You finally figured it out! Well done old chap! This is a OROY award and not MVP.

    See above.

    see above

    Because wins aren't any indication of how good your QB is or anything. Teams with horrible QB's are 5 games above 500 all the time.

    I guess Mark Sanchez was the reason for all those wins including the 2 AFC championships right?

    I shouldn't keep spelling it out for you because I thought you were better than this, but apparently I might be overestimating you. NFL, football, is a TEAM game. Those wins aren't earned by one player alone, no matter how good they are. This isn't basketball where one player=40 wins. You can even have 10 players in the NFL that are the best at their position yet they can still suck (see the "dream team" Eagles).

    The point is, because this is not the MVP and its instead, the OROY, it has a different meaning. That meaning is that OROY, like every other year, is a completely individual performance award on how well this rookie has played in his rookie season. What they have, what they don't on their team, matters not, nor does their potential future.


    He is up to par with Wilson and RGIII. Which is the whole point. People can't realize that because of stats. Brees who most people consider still the #3 best QB in the NFL has 16 INTs like Luck. Is he trash too? Worse than Wilson and RGIII?

    Actually 17, like Luck. And no because Brees also has much more TDs and is a much better QB overall. Even without stats can tell me that lol. The only thing it shows is Brees having a not so great year.

    I like that you think I'm throwing a fit. Don't flatter yourself.

    Well that's what it looked like. I can only judge based on way you post is all. Your constant cursing and exclamation points were an indication of that.

    I'm aware of how the award works. I'm trying to argue Luck vs RGIII within a OROY thread. Which you can't seem to grasp.

    Apparently you don't, since you keeping go on and on about team wins and teammates in the discussion of an individual award.

    And I don't give a **** about any impact on the award. I'm trying to wake people up about what Luck is as a quarterback versus RGIII and Wilson or whathaveyou.

    I guess your attempt at "waking people up" in a Internet forum is failing suffice to say. But feel free to keep trying, I'm sure it will work eventually .
    Boldy.


    My reaction if the Lakers get a top 5 pick this year.

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    You'll never ever understand my point so I'm going to stop now.

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    My Happy Place
    Posts
    10,853
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    You'll never ever understand my point so I'm going to stop now.
    Just like you won't understand mine. Good. Now I can watch the Packers game and stop wasting my time.

    Have a nice day.


    My reaction if the Lakers get a top 5 pick this year.

  8. #353
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A place called Paradise
    Posts
    13,579
    vCash
    1500
    just gonna say, RG3 currently leads the league in QB Rating, and yards gained per attempt.

    He has also been the most efficient QB on passes that travel over 10 yards through the air.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    260
    vCash
    1500
    i can't say i watch colts game cause i don't so yeah obviously luck is talented but rg3 is on a total different scale...he has better decision making...running ability..yes luck has a better arm but rg3 pulls positive plays out of his ***** luck wouldnt be *** good if he was ina redskins uniform..don't forget rg3 helps out alot in the running game because of the def being scared about him running the ball..but both cleary well worth the top 2 picks an both will be pro bowlers down the road

  10. #355
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    kirk cousins
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  11. #356
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    384
    vCash
    1500
    Andrew Luck. Football is about winning. Andrew Luck seems to be better at it and plays a key part.

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,187
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by adab View Post
    Andrew Luck. Football is about winning. Andrew Luck seems to be better at it and plays a key part.
    By this logic roty plays for the Falcons or Texans.

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    If the Colts somehow won the division....despite the "stats"

    Just wondering....it won't happen but if it did.

  14. #359
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A place called Paradise
    Posts
    13,579
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    If the Colts somehow won the division....despite the "stats"

    Just wondering....it won't happen but if it did.
    as in the whole colts team right? I mean Andrew Luck isn't playing every position is he?

    RG3 has been far superior thus far
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

  15. #360
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    as in the whole colts team right? I mean Andrew Luck isn't playing every position is he?

    RG3 has been far superior thus far
    I give up.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •