Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

30 14.49%
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    As I've already stated, I don't think players can be judged only on stats, but Luck's stats were bad, he was bad, and he should feel bad, because he almost lost to a team that is bad.

Completed less than 50% of his passes again, threw a pick six, and had one of the most ******** interceptions I've ever seen.

I just don't see how Luck is in the OROY argument at this point.
    Cousins>RGIII

STATS!

vCash
    I just think the voters are going to look at RG3 as they did Cam Newton wether he makes the playoffs or not i am not saying he doesn't deserve it because he does.

vCash
    As I've already stated, I don't think players can be judged only on stats, but Luck's stats were bad, he was bad, and he should feel bad, because he almost lost to a team that is bad.

Completed less than 50% of his passes again, threw a pick six, and had one of the most ******** interceptions I've ever seen.

I just don't see how Luck is in the OROY argument at this point.
    Well if the colts Oline keeps playing like this I agree. He simply doesn't have time to throw and he is the most hit qb in the nfl. Btw that interception was not an int for a pick 6. The refs clearly missed it and hopefully the colts don't get them in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Cousins>RGIII

STATS!
    Actually, that's probably not even accurate even with his small sample size.

But come on. Luck was not good today. He's had several games where he was pretty bad, they just get overshadowed by the Colts record and his hype that he's been building since 2010.

vCash
    Actually, that's probably not even accurate even with his small sample size.

But come on. Luck was not good today. He's had several games where he was pretty bad, they just get overshadowed by the Colts record and his hype that he's been building since 2010.
    I didn't see the game or anything. I don't stat google so I can't speak to it. You've been against Luck in the past so I have my doubts you're being completely objective.

vCash
    I didn't see the game or anything. I don't stat google so I can't speak to it. You've been against Luck in the past so I have my doubts you're being completely objective.
    I'm not against Luck, and I don't remember ever posting anything of it. I've just said he's getting free passes for mediocrity for several reasons; golden boy #1 pick, went to 2-14 team, has a winning record, and so on. He reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan, only he doesn't have a running game in his rookie season to make him look better.

If I have a vendetta against any of the rookie QBs it's RG3. I'm slowly getting away from that though. But every thing I've posted about Luck has been based on watching him, not on his stats; however, you can't just ignore stats altogether. When a QB consistently has games that are terribly inaccurate and have low passer ratings + negative TD/INT ratios, it's hard to ignore.

vCash
    I'm not against Luck, and I don't remember ever posting anything of it. I've just said he's getting free passes for mediocrity for several reasons; golden boy #1 pick, went to 2-14 team, has a winning record, and so on. He reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan, only he doesn't have a running game in his rookie season to make him look better.

If I have a vendetta against any of the rookie QBs it's RG3. I'm slowly getting away from that though. But every thing I've posted about Luck has been based on watching him, not on his stats; however, you can't just ignore stats altogether. When a QB consistently has games that are terribly inaccurate and have low passer ratings + negative TD/INT ratios, it's hard to ignore.
    He throws the ball deep more than any other QB by a large margin. They throw it a lot too. With a limited run game.

It's pretty obvious that will lead to more INTs and lower comp rates.

vCash
    He throws the ball deep more than any other QB by a large margin. They throw it a lot too. With a limited run game.

but that doesnt make him great. lots of qbs could throw deep alot and have bad stats. even gabbert could do that.

he has not been as impressive as the media is making him out to be IMO. he throws floaters galore and directly into coverage way too much. pocket presence is great though, the best part of his game and probably top 5 in the nfl already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    but that doesnt make him great. lots of qbs could throw deep alot and have bad stats. even gabbert could do that.

he has not been as impressive as the media is making him out to be IMO. he throws floaters galore and directly into coverage way too much. pocket presence is great though, the best part of his game and probably top 5 in the nfl already.
    I just don't agree.

vCash

Yeah, it inflates his yards and INTs, but it should also inflate his TDs, but it hasn't.

And while the Colts certainly aren't a running team, Ballard hasn't been terrible, especially for a rookie. Today he was averaging around 5 ypc, and Luck only threw the ball 34 times (which isn't low, but for Luck it is), so shouldn't Luck have played better?

vCash
    I got a lot of respect for Luck by the way, I think he is an amazing QB.
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    And down goes RG3...
    and right on schedule his season could be done...One more time for everyone who wouldnt listen, you donot want a running qb in the NFL...EVER.

It doesnt work.
    I dont care how athletic or fast you are, it is just a matter of time before you get crushed.

vCash
    This Colts team is inflated by a weak schedule. In the last 6 weeks how many winning teams have they faced? They haven't played their toughest divisional opponent once yet.

vCash
    RG3 has got Rookie of the Week 6 of 12 weeks this year. not to mention the argument for Luck is 2 more wins? really? Game over! Luck may have a shot if RG3 doesnt come back from the injury today but IMO Wilson would get it over Luck if that were the case. Again thats just my opinion.

vCash
    I hope RGIII wins just because I can't imagine having to listen to the outcry from Skins fans.

They really want this and spend far too much time trying to discredit Andrew Luck.

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast