Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

30 14.49%
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    That's why looking at stats is for fools. Buy a television. Watch the Colts on it a few times.
    Well said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    gotta go with rg3 i mean if it wasn't for his defense the redskins would be in a better psoition...plus luck has 22 total tds, an 21 total turnovers to rg3 23 total tds, an just 6 turnovers..i mean rg3 gave his team the best chance to win
    This is wrong. Obviously Luck is putting his team in a better position to win considering they have the better record. Also he has 5 game winning drives, hes not just managing those wins, he is the reason for them.

Some people on here dont understand how big of an impact Luck makes. Hes being asked to make much longer throws at a more consistent rate. Hes has been asked to make much more difficult reads in Bruce Arians offense. More often than not he is successful, but sometimes hell make a rookie mistake, or a reciever will tip the ball to a defender. The throws that are interceptions are rarely bad throws, they are usually just forced early reads. All of this is without talking about how badly the offensive line has played this year. Some of those picks happened because the hasnt played well for the most part. He gets hit A LOT. There have already been 7 fines for hits against him this season. Injuries and a lack of continuity have really played into our line being unpredictable from one play to the next.

His 3rd and long percentage is pretty astounding, not only because of the offensive line, but because for some reason when the running game isnt working Arians likes to run on 1st and 2nd and Luck is forced to bail us out. Or from time to time, Arians will go with a screen (usually bubble) on first or second, then run for almost no yards, then Luck has to bail us out. He hits beautiful strikes downfield and like RG3 turns blown plays into positive yards.

He has the ability to move around the pocket kind of like Roethlisburger and can make powerful and accurate throws on the run or with a DL literally pulling him to the ground.

All of this and i havent even mentioned how effective he is running the two minute drill, or the fact that he has the calm and demeanor of Tom Brady. Or how much this 'transformed' defense has looked like a tony Dungy bend but dont break defense. Or the fact that our defense has forced the fewest turnovers in the NFL.

The only way to truly understand Lucks's play vs Lucks numbers is to watch every game he has played in this year. Good and bad, he is learning from his mistakes and getting better every game.
    Last edited by ombada; 12-09-2012 at 08:56 AM.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    redskins could easily be 8-4 if it wasnt for morgan costing the rams game an then def letting that huge cruz td so don't tell me about records, they are 2 different style of qb's and sorry but stats count when it comes to awards, trust me luck will be an mvp someday but he shouldn't be the rookie of the year

vCash
    1. RG3
    2. Russell Wilson
    3. Luck

That's how I see it. And it is very possible for Wilson to eclipse RG3 if his team makes the playoffs and he has a monster game or 2.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    redskins could easily be 8-4 if it wasnt for morgan costing the rams game an then def letting that huge cruz td so don't tell me about records, they are 2 different style of qb's and sorry but stats count when it comes to awards, trust me luck will be an mvp someday but he shouldn't be the rookie of the year
    That's stupid logic. Just before the Cruz TD RG3 got a wide-open WR (I believe it was Moss) on a similar deep pass TD. And the Redskins lost the Rams game for signing a player who clearly couldn't control his emotions (and who knows if the kicker would've made that kick anyway).

vCash
    Stats wise, Luck is barely better than Mark Sanchez. Seriously, his TD-INT is horrible and is passing rating is in the mid 70s.

vCash
    All of this is true, but I think OROY is basically an individual stat contest. As much as I think Luck will be the better QB of this draft class, you can't take credit from RG3 for his offensive scheme, nor can you give credit to Luck for having potential/not running a college scheme and having a top 5 rusher. If you discredit RG3 for his zone-read, Wilson is playing in a pretty normal offense and doing arguably better than Luck. I don't think it's even possible to put Luck in the discussion for OROY given the seasons some of the other rookies are having.
    I definitely agree. I'm not really talking about ROY when I defend Luck at all. Just pointing out so many people that crap on them only recite stats. Makes me believe pretty strongly they don't watch him play. Only looked up his stats.

Like this guy above me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    Stats wise, Luck is barely better than Mark Sanchez. Seriously, his TD-INT is horrible and is passing rating is in the mid 70s.
    Yep luck is no better than sanchez. Mr buttfumble himself is who the colts need. Fwiw luck had another pick today even though his knee was clearly down. Way to go refs!

I will but it this way. I am perfectly happy with luck playing 16 games and breaking all the rookie yardage stats and completions not to mention breaking mannings rookie records. The redskins can have rg3 and his nack for getting himself hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Yep luck is no better than sanchez. Mr buttfumble himself is who the colts need. Fwiw luck had another pick today even though his knee was clearly down. Way to go refs!

I will but it this way. I am perfectly happy with luck playing 16 games and breaking all the rookie yardage stats and completions not to mention breaking mannings rookie records. The redskins can have rg3 and his nack for getting himself hurt.
    Are you from Indiana? If so, not suprised you defend luck. They don't like blacks out there anyway.

vCash
    Last edited by NDBRONCO; 12-09-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: ..
    [IMG][/IMG]

vCash
    and btw they are both stud rookies and are gonna have amazing careers
    [IMG][/IMG]

vCash
    If RG3 learns how to avoid danger him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajamesmd View Post
    Are you from Indiana? If so, not suprised you defend luck. They don't like blacks out there anyway.
    Yep the edge had a terrible time in indy and wayne always gets hasseled in the bars in rich rich zionsville where he eats wings. I told him myself to go inside 465 to eat. Lolyour a complete numb nutt if you think indy is racist. Now if you go to whitestown you may have a point but its called the indianapolis colts not the indiana colts.
    Last edited by Pacerlive; 12-09-2012 at 05:04 PM.

vCash
    As I've already stated, I don't think players can be judged only on stats, but Luck's stats were bad, he was bad, and he should feel bad, because he almost lost to a team that is bad.

Completed less than 50% of his passes again, threw a pick six, and had one of the most ******** interceptions I've ever seen.

I just don't see how Luck is in the OROY argument at this point.

vCash
    And down goes RG3...

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast