Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

    69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

    108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

    30 14.49%
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 594
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,279
    vCash
    1500
    Very odd...No disrespect to anyone who voted RG3, but IMO its luck and its not even close, Running QBs do not win in this league, it took him 6 weeks to get broke,the first time, as impressive as his scrambles are, you dont want a franchise QB playing frogger with the Future of the team.

    Those runs shouldnt factor into QBing becasue its a gimmick and its just a matter of time before he is crushed....I mean CRUSHED.
    Ask randal Cunnigham how this story goes, ask steve young, ask Mike Vick,
    so I should be impressed his rookie 22 year old chasis isnt chipped up yet?...give it a few more weeks(LOL).

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    26,406
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Very odd...No disrespect to anyone who voted RG3, but IMO its luck and its not even close, Running QBs do not win in this league, it took him 6 weeks to get broke,the first time, as impressive as his scrambles are, you dont want a franchise QB playing frogger with the Future of the team.

    Those runs shouldnt factor into QBing becasue its a gimmick and its just a matter of time before he is crushed....I mean CRUSHED.
    Ask randal Cunnigham how this story goes, ask steve young, ask Mike Vick,
    so I should be impressed his rookie 22 year old chasis isnt chipped up yet?...give it a few more weeks(LOL).
    I don't understand your reasoning. Luck should be rookie of the year because there's a chance Griffin could get hurt?

    In the three examples you gave, you have a total of 15 pro bowls, 3 super bowls and a hall of famer. That doesn't really fit the theme of your post.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    1,207
    vCash
    1500
    did someone call RG3 a game manager? lmao

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,279
    vCash
    1500
    My point being that Luck has been a better NFL "QB"...
    hes thrown for alomost 1000 yards more then RG3, whos rating is inflated by defenses scheming for his running, that will change.
    Now I get there is a impartiality that some feel should be applied to the evaluation, which I am clearly ignoring,but I feel that the awards should be scrutinized a little more thoroughly then others seem to.

    Once RG3 loses just a fraction of a step, and historically we see that degredation can happen rather quickly even without injury, will he still be the passing threat that he is without defenses playing back?

    Meanwhile although Luck has thrown a lot more INTs, he has positioned the Colts for a play off run, with exactly one player of note on the entire offensive side of the ball besides himself, that being Reggie wayne.

    RG3 has had a special year,but I think his "rushing yards" shouldnt be factored into the comparison.

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    A large reason Morris is doing what he's doing is because of RGIII and freezing the defense with the zone-read. So, a large portion of Morris' stats should be attributed to RGIII, and the coaches for masterminding a brilliant system that has literally created the best rookie season for a player all time.
    I wouldn't say morris stats is in large part due rg3. Anybody who has watched morris knows that he is the second most aggressive rb right now. He runs like lynch and I think it obvious to most fans he's getting yards after contact. Would he have the same yards per carry? No but he would have 100 more carries if rg3 was a legit pocket passer.

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    I wouldn't say morris stats is in large part due rg3. Anybody who has watched morris knows that he is the second most aggressive rb right now. He runs like lynch and I think it obvious to most fans he's getting yards after contact. Would he have the same yards per carry? No but he would have 100 more carries if rg3 was a legit pocket passer.
    Well, Morris fits our system like a glove. His one cut style fits the zone blocking scheme perfect. Again, Shanahan knows his stuff. And then with the zone read stuff we do, on some plays if RGIII gives Morris the ball it's because the defenders have already committed to RGIII and are out of position. He's an awesome back but even though he was selected in the same round, I wouldn't say he's as talented as Terrell Davis. He's just a hard head player who does his role in the system.

  7. #262
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,072
    vCash
    1500
    What I don't understand is that we are voting for ROOKIE of the year. Why bring up how teams will adjust to RG3's style of play next year or that he will eventually get hurt after this year if that's not his rookie season? The only reason I can see Luck winning it is because he has led his team to more wins.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    1,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    What I don't understand is that we are voting for ROOKIE of the year. Why bring up how teams will adjust to RG3's style of play next year or that he will eventually get hurt after this year if that's not his rookie season? The only reason I can see Luck winning it is because he has led his team to more wins.
    cant knock sense into the rg3 haters man...the guy literally said...if RG3 was a legit pocket passer. that alone should tell u how ignorant some people are.

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    LA 2 Da Bay
    Posts
    4,928
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    if RG3 had reggie wayne he would have a couple more wins, there were many close games where the redskins receivers had multiple big time drops.
    IMO Garcon is a better fit for the Skins' scheme because of his speed. He'd have great numbers if he was healthy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    Just wondering how you think seahawks would be doing with RG3 instead of Wilson. I like wilson, and i like your team, so this has no under lying intentions. Just something ive always been wondering myself. I believe if RG3 was a seahawk, they would be locks for the playoffs. That defense, along with lynch, rice, and company would make a legit squad.
    I think RG3 wouldn't be as dominant with Seattle as he has been with the Redskins. It's been a perfect mix of personnel and coaching. The fact that the Skins' ZBS has worked so well has helped RG3 because it makes the stretch play makes the PA bootlegs more effective, which RG3 does perfect, and it also allows RG3 to run the option effectively. I haven't watched Seahawks games, but from highlights, Wilson has played the position a lot more traditionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    My point being that Luck has been a better NFL "QB"...
    hes thrown for alomost 1000 yards more then RG3, whos rating is inflated by defenses scheming for his running, that will change.
    Now I get there is a impartiality that some feel should be applied to the evaluation, which I am clearly ignoring,but I feel that the awards should be scrutinized a little more thoroughly then others seem to.

    Once RG3 loses just a fraction of a step, and historically we see that degredation can happen rather quickly even without injury, will he still be the passing threat that he is without defenses playing back?

    Meanwhile although Luck has thrown a lot more INTs, he has positioned the Colts for a play off run, with exactly one player of note on the entire offensive side of the ball besides himself, that being Reggie wayne.

    RG3 has had a special year,but I think his "rushing yards" shouldnt be factored into the comparison.
    But this isn't the QB of the year award, it's the ROY, so it's about which rookie has made a bigger mark on the NFL, and that has been RGIII without a doubt.

    I agree with what you said about running QBs, but RGIII has Vick-like running ability AND a great arm. But unless there's an injury to his lower body (like completely torn ligaments), I don't think he will ever lose a significant amount of speed, and it won't be any time soon. I mean, we're talking about a gold medal-winning hurdler at the Junior Olympics playing QB. He has enough speed to outrun CBs. If he slows down to Rodger's speed, he'd still be a really fast QB. I'm sure Shannahan will make it a focus that he depends less on running and that he needs to slide. RGIII's a smart guy too, he will perfect his passing abilities and won't rely as much on his feet as time goes by.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,664
    vCash
    1500
    RG3 just won rookie of the week for the 3rd week in a row.

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,935
    vCash
    1500
    And for the 6th time this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,664
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah but the point being, even after Luck had what everyone considered to be the most impressive game of the week, RG3 still managed to win the award in the league's eyes.

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Linden NJ
    Posts
    19,810
    vCash
    1500
    I like Luck and all but no way no how he should be ROY, lets talk specifically numbers here... they are quite bad... one of the worst passer ratings, his TD-INT ratio is horrible, while on the other hand, RG3 and Wilson's numbers are actually very good
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    1500
    Did anyone realize that Andrew Luck has similar stats to Mark Sanchez? He's not even having that great of a year. RGIII however is having a phenomenal year. It's not even close. RGIII is better right now and probably will continue to be better.

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,601
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Did anyone realize that Andrew Luck has similar stats to Mark Sanchez? He's not even having that great of a year. RGIII however is having a phenomenal year. It's not even close. RGIII is better right now and probably will continue to be better.
    People don't like when you point out Luck's short-comings.

    Don't get me wrong, he's miles better than Sanchez, but he's not as great as everyone is making him out to be (as a rookie, not referring to his future potential). All anyone comments on is his yards and comebacks.

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •