Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

    69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

    108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

    30 14.49%
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 594
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    758
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    Via Trey Wingo on twitter. "Stat of the day:Out of 24 QBs to start every game this season, @RGIII & Aaron Rodgers the ONLY ones without a 2 INT game."
    Yup, some stats don't lie. Today's rankings, Rodgers and Sanchez for reference.

    RK....QB.....COMP... ATT..... PCT..... YDS.... YDS/A...LONG...TD...INT...SACK....RATE.... YDS/G
    1....Rodgers... 279..... 414...... 67.4...... 3,124...... 7.55...... 72...... 29...... 8...... 39...... 105.0...... 260

    3....RG III…..... 218..... 325...... 67.1...... 2,660...... 8.19...... 88...... 17...... 4...... 25...... 104.4...... 222

    7....Wilson...... 201..... 317...... 63.4...... 2,344...... 7.39...... 51...... 19....... 8...... 23....... 95.2...... 195

    29...Luck......... 279..... 503...... 55.5...... 3,596...... 7.15...... 60...... 17...... 16..... 28....... 76.1...... 300

    32...Sanchez... 204.... 371...... 55.0...... 2,436...... 6.57...... 66...... 12...... 13..... 29....... 71.4...... 203

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A place called Paradise
    Posts
    13,667
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Why not? There is nothing wrong with that. A game manager QB at this point is a guy who only has 325 attempts for the year. Thats 30th in the league and he is behind Ponder on attempts. I expect the Skins next year or the year after to let him toss it more but I get why they are treating him like that. Mediocre/unhealthy recieving core and a better running game is the reason but make no mistake. He hasn't been unleashed yet and unless he is then he is simply a game manager.
    of course he is....... lets just ignore the 103 rushing attempts, and the fact that he is a playmaker throwing and running the ball

    He isn't trent dilfer or mark sanchez out there
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    of course he is....... lets just ignore the 103 rushing attempts, and the fact that he is a playmaker throwing and running the ball

    He isn't trent dilfer or mark sanchez out there
    No one is comparing him to those guys. Fact is he is terrible on third down conversion especially third down and long when he's forced to throw. That's 50 percent of his thhird downs and he converts a ugly 11 percent. That's a opportunity to be a play maker and he isn't one most of the time on 3rd and long.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,851
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    No one is comparing him to those guys. Fact is he is terrible on third down conversion especially third down and long when he's forced to throw. That's 50 percent of his thhird downs and he converts a ugly 11 percent. That's a opportunity to be a play maker and he isn't one most of the time on 3rd and long.
    We don't need third down because we're top ten in the league in first downs. Know what's an ugly stat? 17 touchdown 16 interceptions. That really shows that A. Luck has consistent awful decision making.

    *Edit realize Indy is very hight in the league in first downs and third down conversions. Impressive. But third downs are a team stat. Not a QB stat.
    Last edited by mattcribbin; 12-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    We don't need third down because we're top ten in the league in first downs. Know what's an ugly stat? 17 touchdown 16 interceptions. That really shows that A. Luck has consistent awful decision making.

    *Edit realize Indy is very hight in the league in first downs and third down conversions. Impressive. But third downs are a team stat. Not a QB stat.
    Lucks high interception percentage is in part due to rookies runnng the wrong routes. In the lion games 2 were due to rookies running the wrong route. Look if you face 50 percent of your third downs with 8 yards to go you would want luck over rg3. The reason is that he can convert without a running game. Morris is why he faces 2nd and short. Its a good thing mind you and credit should go to the oline and redskins scout to pick up a great rookie rb in morris.
    Last edited by Pacerlive; 12-06-2012 at 11:13 PM.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    15,431
    vCash
    1500
    Flip a coin, there's my answer

  7. #247
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    588
    vCash
    1500
    Luck

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,851
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Lucks high interception percentage is in part due to rookies runnng the wrong routes. In the lion games 2 were due to rookies running the wrong route. Look if you face 50 percent of your third downs with 8 yards to go you would want luck over rg3. The reason is that he can convert without a running game. Morris is why he faces 2nd and short. Its a good thing mind you and credit should go to the oline and redskins scout to pick up a great rookie rb in morris.
    A large reason Morris is doing what he's doing is because of RGIII and freezing the defense with the zone-read. So, a large portion of Morris' stats should be attributed to RGIII, and the coaches for masterminding a brilliant system that has literally created the best rookie season for a player all time.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,948
    vCash
    1437
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Lucks high interception percentage is in part due to rookies runnng the wrong routes. In the lion games 2 were due to rookies running the wrong route. Look if you face 50 percent of your third downs with 8 yards to go you would want luck over rg3. The reason is that he can convert without a running game. Morris is why he faces 2nd and short. Its a good thing mind you and credit should go to the oline and redskins scout to pick up a great rookie rb in morris.
    Really? Are you sure it isn't the ROOKIE QB? If I recall, on one of Luck's godawful decisions against Detroit he was bailed out by a rookie named Coby Fleener. Throwing into triple coverage and scoring a TD doesn't mean the QB made a good decision. Against any sort of decent coverage that would be a pick 80% of the time and an incompletion 99% of the time.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,508
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    A large reason Morris is doing what he's doing is because of RGIII and freezing the defense with the zone-read. So, a large portion of Morris' stats should be attributed to RGIII, and the coaches for masterminding a brilliant system that has literally created the best rookie season for a player all time.
    It isn't a brillant system. It's basically the same offensive scheme most college teams are using with some wrinkles added. But huge credit to Shanahan to actually have the guts to run it instead of the basic I formation stuff.

    But I forgot, read option plays just don't work in the NFL because the defense is faster and uses jedi mind tricks to know who will keep the football.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    15,431
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    It isn't a brillant system. It's basically the same offensive scheme most college teams are using with some wrinkles added. But huge credit to Shanahan to actually have the guts to run it instead of the basic I formation stuff.

    But I forgot, read option plays just don't work in the NFL because the defense is faster and uses jedi mind tricks to know who will keep the football.
    We'll see how they work next year when team's have time to plan and look at film of them. There's a reason why a lot of QB's have sophomore slumps, the league catches up to ya. Their O is going to have to incorporate new things, it will need to evolve.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,851
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    It isn't a brillant system. It's basically the same offensive scheme most college teams are using with some wrinkles added. But huge credit to Shanahan to actually have the guts to run it instead of the basic I formation stuff.

    But I forgot, read option plays just don't work in the NFL because the defense is faster and uses jedi mind tricks to know who will keep the football.
    They have soooo many damn wrinkles. They can literally run any type of play out of the pistol formation. What they're doing is working and nothing can be said to deny that. Of course it will change as it goes on, but this guys rookie season is unprecedented in NFL history.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,034
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    We don't need third down because we're top ten in the league in first downs. Know what's an ugly stat? 17 touchdown 16 interceptions. That really shows that A. Luck has consistent awful decision making.

    *Edit realize Indy is very hight in the league in first downs and third down conversions. Impressive. But third downs are a team stat. Not a QB stat.
    We? Get a life dude, there is no "we" you aren't on the team. And your td to interception ratio comment is completely ignorant because it doesn't take into account how the td passes or int occurred. An int that bounces off a receivers hands counts in the stats as the same as one thrown into triple coverage.

    But anyone with common sense knows they aren't equal.
    Last edited by TheVicster; 12-07-2012 at 03:43 AM.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,034
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Really? Are you sure it isn't the ROOKIE QB? If I recall, on one of Luck's godawful decisions against Detroit he was bailed out by a rookie named Coby Fleener. Throwing into triple coverage and scoring a TD doesn't mean the QB made a good decision. Against any sort of decent coverage that would be a pick 80% of the time and an incompletion 99% of the time.
    That's an idiotic statement. The td to Fleener was a great pass and wasn't thrown into triple coverage.

    Here it is
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...-26-yd-pass-TD

    But keep making **** up, makes you look really intelligent
    Last edited by TheVicster; 12-07-2012 at 03:48 AM.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,851
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    We? Get a life dude, there is no "we" you aren't on the team. And your td to interception ratio comment is completely ignorant because it doesn't take into account how the td passes or int occurred. An int that bounces off a receivers hands counts in the stats as the same as one thrown into triple coverage.

    But anyone with common sense knows they aren't equal.
    I'm guessing you're a Colts fan? The reason "we" works is because without "us" the "fans" the league wouldn't exist.

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •