Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

30 14.49%
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    obviously i was being sarcastic...i think its freakin ridiculous how hard people pumping up luck to be clear cut best rookie. as mentioned before..if you throw 50 passes a game..u r bound to have alot of yards. is it RG3's fault that shanahan is making the offense easier for him? should rg3 be discounted for that? or does that say more about our coaching staff, and how well they have been prepared this year.
    Luck isn't the clear cut best at this point but he's had also the most to overcome. The play calling is much harder and in fact totally different from his college system. His coach has been taken away. He has no running game to speak of and he is asked to carry the entire offensive load of the Colts which is drastically different situation than Wilson or RG3.

The Colts O-line aren't really good at anything while the Redskins and the Seahawks lines are atleast good at run blocking.

One measurement probably not mentioned yet is 3 rd down conversion rates. Lucks this year is in the top 5 which is ahead of Peyton. Thats a 10 % increase from last year and where is RG3? The skins are at 28 which is decrease of 4% from last year.

Luck has taken the Colts from 27 in the league in passing to top 5. RG3 has decreased the Skins yards per game in passing since last year. Thats a reflection of the running game more than anything and yards per attempt is easy when you have a play action working for you than against you.

Now all that being said I think fans and players alike would gladly give up OROY awards for a chance to make it into the playoffs. As a Colt fan I think it would be epic to see Manning against Luck in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Pacerlive; 12-05-2012 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    As RGIII said, to paraphrase, "It's not about awards, it's about wins." So if RGIII wins OROY i'm sure Colts fans won't care as long they're in the playoffs. If Luck wins, I won't care. But i'll care a lot less if we're in the playoffs. My point is wins are all that matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Luck isn't the clear cut best at this point but he's had also the most to overcome. The play calling is much harder and in fact totally different from his college system. His coach has been taken away. He has no running game to speak of and he is asked to carry the entire offensive load of the Colts which is drastically different situation than Wilson or RG3.

The Colts O-line aren't really good at anything while the Redskins and the Seahawks lines are atleast good at run blocking.

One measurement probably not mentioned yet is 3 rd down conversion rates. Lucks this year is in the top 5 which is ahead of Peyton. Thats a 10 % increase from last year and where is RG3? The skins are at 28 which is decrease of 4% from last year.

Luck has taken the Colts from 27 in the league in passing to top 5. RG3 has decreased the Skins yards per game in passing since last year. Thats a reflection of the running game more than anything and yards per attempt is easy when you have a play action working for you than against you.

Now all that being said I think fans and players alike would gladly give up OROY awards for a chance to make it into the playoffs. As a Colt fan I think it would be epic to see Manning against Luck in the playoffs.
    like i said before...u cant take away from what RG3 is doing just cause our coaching staff made things easier for him. Thats not a fair method of assessment. Also as i keep saying..if your going to use statistics...stop using only the ones that favor your arguement. Put them all out there and then we can talk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    like i said before...u cant take away from what RG3 is doing just cause our coaching staff made things easier for him. Thats not a fair method of assessment. Also as i keep saying..if your going to use statistics...stop using only the ones that favor your arguement. Put them all out there and then we can talk.
    Stastics point to different things is my point. Having a ton of passing yards and a mediocre completion percentage is a product of the system and asking the guy to do too much. Its the same way I look at rg3 stats. He's asked more to be a game manager and not turn over the ball. That's why the passing yardage is down this year. The redskins don't need to throw it 45 times to stay in the game.

both guys are top 10 qbs when looking at total qb rating. That's atleast a stat that compes more than completion percentage and turn overs.

vCash
    Do you think this offense will be ran the rest of his career. You think next season they'll go the pro typical drop back pack pass type of game?

vCash
    Wow never again should RG3 be referred to as a game manager type QB
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Right now its RG3, Wilson, then Luck imo.

vCash
    plus wtf yea the colts had 2 wins and the skins 5, thats because the skins had Grossman and the Colts had Orlovsky and Painter. Switch that up the skins probably only win 1-2 games as well.

Only if the skins had any defense close to as good of basically any defense they have had over the past decade. probably be 9-3 right now
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    I'd go Luck because of the game winning drives. But if he, RGIII, or Wilson won I wouldn't be upset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajamesmd View Post
    Do you think this offense will be ran the rest of his career. You think next season they'll go the pro typical drop back pack pass type of game?
    In the NFL you stick with what works and as long as the Redskins system is working then I don't see them changing it. IMO it will take a injury or it simply not working for them to drop him back more often.

RG3 is a hybrid and he will be probably the best hybrid Qb yet. Certainly better than Vince, Vick or Cam but what I think is his biggest enemy will be his health. Doing too much gets you hurt and thats what I think will derail a few of his seasons but of course that can happen to anyone but it seems to happen more to the guys who take off running.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Wow never again should RG3 be referred to as a game manager type QB
    Why not? There is nothing wrong with that. A game manager QB at this point is a guy who only has 325 attempts for the year. Thats 30th in the league and he is behind Ponder on attempts. I expect the Skins next year or the year after to let him toss it more but I get why they are treating him like that. Mediocre/unhealthy recieving core and a better running game is the reason but make no mistake. He hasn't been unleashed yet and unless he is then he is simply a game manager.

vCash
    Both are having great rookie campaigns and I thought my vote was going to go to Luck but then I looked up the numbers comparison and my vote will have to go to RGIII.

Code:
    RGIII TDS  INT   YDS     RTG
           17   4    2660   104.4

Code:
    LUCK  TDS  INT   YDS     RTG
           17  16    3596    76.1

vCash
    RG3. Luck is having a good rookie year too but Griffin is the favorite this year. I like his confidence. Hope he has a great 2nd year in the league too (feel bad that Cam is going through a nightmare 2nd season)...

vCash
    Leinert/Young should have been what RG3/Luck are today

vCash
    Via Trey Wingo on twitter. "Stat of the day:Out of 24 QBs to start every game this season, @RGIII & Aaron Rodgers the ONLY ones without a 2 INT game."

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast