Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

30 14.49%
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    Redskins are on pace to give up the most passing yards in nfl history....and despite that we are still at .500 with a legit shot at going 9-7.

One thing to note...colts have been a good team for a while. The issue last year was that all their back ups were terrible. Not to say that Rex grossman is a good qb, he's is however alot better than what Indy had...but u don't think it's a possibility that if skins had Indy's qbs last year that we wouldn't have had the 1st overall pick?
    Go look at their roster roll over from the last time they were a good team then try and make this point again.

There roster was better than people though and the pieces they brought in really worked. But it's more about what they brought in than what they had. Nor is it about what they were with Peyton.

Unleash the beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Go look at their roster roll over from the last time they were a good team then try and make this point again.

There roster was better than people though and the pieces they brought in really worked. But it's more about what they brought in than what they had. Nor is it about what they were with Peyton.
    I'm not going to do that, but, if all they needed was QB with average to sub-average stats to make them a playoff team, then they weren't that bad off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    I'm not going to do that, but, if all they needed was QB with average to sub-average stats to make them a playoff team, then they weren't that bad off.
    Lol, I didn't mean literally. Maybe a COlts fan can help but I saw the percentage the other day and it was insane.

Unleash the beast.

vCash
    Pretty soon all the people saying Luck should get it because his team has more wins are going to have to shut up after they lose both the games to the Texans. 10-6. Then after the Skins win out, they'll be, 10-6. Then you look at RGIII's numbers and the fact he didn't have his top receiver and starting TE for most of the season, and it's ridiculously in favor of the III'd. How Luck do if he didn't have Reggie Wayne and his top TE most of the year? Even worse than his average stats at the moment.
    LOL you can't just say that He's going to play with what he has. And Russell Wilson has half the talent as these two guys, he's playing well no doubt but that's just the way it is and I don't see him holding up.

vCash
    The Colts have pretty much a whole new roster this year. After reading this thread I think I get it. Redskins fans think RG3 most other people think Luck. Whoever gets their team to the playoffs wins this award no matter what IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    LOL you can't just say that He's going to play with what he has. And Russell Wilson has half the talent as these two guys, he's playing well no doubt but that's just the way it is and I don't see him holding up.
    Okay, well what if what he has is not his starting TE and his #1 wide receiver for the majority of the season like RGIII had? And are you kidding me? Seattle has a top flight RB and a top flight defense. Injuries have absolutely hamstringed this Redskins squad. But RGIII has still produced. Soon as we get enough depth on defense and get all our starters healthy, well, you guys will see.

vCash
    The Colts have pretty much a whole new roster this year. After reading this thread I think I get it. Redskins fans think RG3 most other people think Luck. Whoever gets their team to the playoffs wins this award no matter what IMO.
    actually according to the votes most people think RGIII.

vCash
    Okay, well what if what he has is not his starting TE and his #1 wide receiver for the majority of the season like RGIII had? And are you kidding me? Seattle has a top flight RB and a top flight defense. Injuries have absolutely hamstringed this Redskins squad. But RGIII has still produced. Soon as we get enough depth on defense and get all our starters healthy, well, you guys will see.
    Huh? I said Wilson isn't close to these two in "talent." RG3 plays the kind of game more people like to watch w/ the option and college stuff. I'd be surprised if he's still around in 10 years but we will see.
    Last edited by OldStyleCubbies; 12-05-2012 at 02:14 AM.

vCash
    Huh? I said Wilson isn't close to these two in "talent." RG3 plays the kind of game more people like to watch w/ the option and college stuff. I'd be surprised if he's still around in 10 years but we will see.
    you didn't say anything about Wilson not being close. You said he has half the talent and is doing well. And hey buddy, prepare to be shocked, because RGIII is going to have a 15 year HOF career. You think the Redskins are going to do a zone-read-option forever? He's going to be weaned off while we set-up our roster for a more traditional drop-back, under center, offense. My God.

My bad. By half the talent, I thought you meant what surrounds Wilson. I think Wilson is at least 4/5ths as talented as Luck or RGIII. Just doesn't have the size or the speed, but he actually is quite fast.
    Last edited by mattcribbin; 12-05-2012 at 02:25 AM.

vCash
    And it's not like RGIII is getting laid out every other play. All QB's take hits. RGIII has taken some of the fewest sacks in the league. He'll take a hit when he needs to pick up a crucial first, but other than that he's not getting hit too many times. Just sit back and watch the magic. And vote him in for OROY cause he deserves it.

vCash
    People are getting carried away with calling what the Redskins do "college stuff". They run the option only a handfull of times a game.

vCash
    Luck and Wilson have faced 7 of the same teams so far this season.
    Sure enough, these rookie quarterbacks have faced seven common opponents to this point in the season: Chicago, Minnesota, Green Bay, Miami, New England, Detroit and the New York Jets. Luck faced the Bears, Jets, Patriots and Lions on the road. Wilson faced the Bears, Dolphins and Lions on the road.
    2012 Luck-Wilson vs. 7 Common Opps
    QB Luck Wilson
    W-L 4-3 5-2
    Action plays 393 273
    Dropbacks 354 221
    Completions 177 123
    Attempts 327 190
    Comp. pct. 54.1 64.7
    Pass yards 2,333 1,537
    Yards/attempt 7.1 8.1
    Pass TD 13 16
    INT 12 1
    NFL rating 74.9 115.6
    Sack rate 4.8% 5.4%
    Pass FD 108 74
    Avg. pass dist. 10.3 9.6
    30+ passes 10 8
    Rushes 18 39
    Rush yards 95 214
    Rush TD 1 0
    Rush FD 8 15
    Fumbles 6 4
    Fumbles lost 3 2
    QB PAA +22.6 +30.7
    QB PAR +55.2 +53.3
    Total QBR 68.2 81.6
    Source: ESPN Stats & Information
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...even-opponents

vCash
    No doubt, it's a mix of pistol, normal shotgun, some drop back, and zone-read-option. A lot of our runs are off the zone-read stuff. But eventually he'll be in a more normal drop-back, under center, type system. Just gotta get the o-line for it.

vCash
    Wilson and Doug Martin should def be considered, hell Martin could rush for over 1500

You can cover a turd in sugar but in the end you'll still have a turd... Or you'll have a typical Marc Trestman press conference describing his pathetic team.

vCash
    ROY is a stat. based award. Not a team based award. Thus the reason Cam newton won last year on a 6-10 team. Other wise Andy Dalton should have won.

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast