Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

30 14.49%
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    The whole idea that the Redskins had a better team than the Colts was based around the idea that the Redskins defense was going to be good this year. Two games into the season the defense completely collapsed while the Colts team proved to be better than expected. They have a ton of veteran players still playing at a high level on the Colts.

It's hilarious when people say "If you watch the games it's obvious that Luck carries his team!"... HOW DO YOU THINK THE REDSKINS ARE WINNING?!?!? Haha RG3 carries his team every week. The Skins have no pass rush and one of the worst secondaries in league history. Their defense is crippled by injuries and suspension.
    Luck plays QB at a higher level of difficulty. He doesn't have the advantages of a zone read scheme and a great run game. Arians makes him chuck the ball down the field endlessly and makes him drop back to throw 50 times a game.

RGIII would struggle doing what Luck has to do. And vice versa also. I just think Luck is better long term playing the way he is. RGIII is being coddled to put it bluntly.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    First off, our o-line just sucks at straight drop back pass blocking. That's why we rarely do it. And second. Half the reason Alfred Morris is doing so well is because of RGIII and the way we use him. and third, our defense is worse. Just look at the points given up and our lack of sacks. and 4th, RGIII's stats are way better. If RGIII's stats weren't as efficient as they are, if he had Luck's stats, we'd have maybe 2 or 3 victories.

vCash
    Haha Norm, are you trying to make it out like it's easy to run the offense RG3 is in...?

That's a joke.

vCash
    Griffin finished this week with a Total QBR of 86.5, the third straight week he's had a Total QBR of 85 or better (the only other quarterback to do that this season is Tom Brady). He now ranks fourth in the NFL in Total QBR (73.6), trailing Peyton Manning, Brady and Matt Ryan.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...to-play-action

vCash
    Haha Norm, are you trying to make it out like it's easy to run the offense RG3 is in...?

That's a joke.
    You mean the offense half of the QB's in college run? It's a skillset fit. He has the athletic ability. He doesn't have the quarterbacking prowess to do what Luck does. He may never have that.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.

vCash
    Lol Eli Manning Rating.

Only homers use that to prop up their own players when they're high in it. It's used for nothing else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    You mean the offense half of the QB's in college run? It's a skillset fit. He has the athletic ability. He doesn't have the quarterbacking prowess to do what Luck does. He may never have that.
    No, I mean the offense that combines the pistol with the zone blocking scheme. NO ONE runs this offense besides the Redskins. It's a hybrid. If you are going to go with the generic "college" bs then your just being lazy... and not truly understanding what they are doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Lol Eli Manning Rating.

Only homers use that to prop up their own players when they're high in it. It's used for nothing else.
    What does that even mean? QBR is just another statistic(one that is more telling than the traditional Quarterback rating). His name is next to the 3 guys in the MVP race and that's why I posted it.

vCash
    What does that even mean? QBR is just another statistic(one that is more telling than the traditional Quarterback rating). His name is next to the 3 guys in the MVP race and that's why I posted it.
    No it's not. It's trash and 99% of the people that use it don't even know how it works or what it's based on. Which is half my point.

Watch, whenever you see someone post TotalCrapBR it's always some guy propping up HIS GUY. Always.

vCash
    No, I mean the offense that combines the pistol with the zone blocking scheme. NO ONE runs this offense besides the Redskins. It's a hybrid. If you are going to go with the generic "college" bs then your just being lazy... and not truly understanding what they are doing.
    It's literally the most beautiful offense and enjoyable to watch I have ever seen.

Go look at my comments in the MNF thread praising it.

It's not about it being a genius offense. IT IS. But it's not incredibly difficult from the QB position if you have a great athlete. They've put Luck in an almost impossible position. I can't believe he hasn't fell right on his face.

vCash
    I say Luck. Both are having great years.

vCash
    Luck. He has no running game to lean on, better record, & more game winning drives. That team has totally turned around from last year.

vCash
    If Luck has no running game, no defense, and his stats are average, then how are they winning games? Their schedule must be REALLY easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    If Luck has no running game, no defense, and his stats are average, then how are they winning games? Their schedule must be REALLY easy.
    Their defense is better than I thought he was. And yes his stats are average, that's being generous. Just watch them. They just find ways. Not that they have a great schedule or anything.

I'm not using record at all. Hell I'd vote for RGIII if I could. I'm just saying a lot of this statistical stuff is a misnomer.

vCash
    Redskins are on pace to give up the most passing yards in nfl history....and despite that we are still at .500 with a legit shot at going 9-7.

One thing to note...colts have been a good team for a while. The issue last year was that all their back ups were terrible. Not to say that Rex grossman is a good qb, he's is however alot better than what Indy had...but u don't think it's a possibility that if skins had Indy's qbs last year that we wouldn't have had the 1st overall pick?

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast