Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

30 14.49%
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    They both are very good , buy everybody who keeps saying stats for RG3 isn't looking at the total picture.
    Luck's Stats are just as good.

Luck's

3500 yards 299 ypg 5td runs 17 passing tds

RG3

2600 yards 221 ypg 6td runs 17 passing tds.

RG3's passer rating is better because he plays in a different offense. Luck is asked to throw the ball deep down the field much more. Also, Luck has a 1-15 team at 8-4 right now.

vCash
    For all of you saying its not even close your crazy.

Both are amazing. I can't even vote. It's ridiculous how good they are. I see two sides of it. The redskins have a better team but the colts have had more success. Both are just great (not good) QB's as rookies.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blystr2002 View Post
    They both are very good , buy everybody who keeps saying stats for RG3 isn't looking at the total picture.
    Luck's Stats are just as good.

Luck's

3500 yards 299 ypg 5td runs 17 passing tds

RG3

2600 yards 221 ypg 6td runs 17 passing tds.

RG3's passer rating is better because he plays in a different offense. Luck is asked to throw the ball deep down the field much more. Also, Luck has a 1-15 team at 8-4 right now.
    Why did you only post those stats? You forgot:
    interceptions (Luck-16 RGIII-4)
    Rushing yds (Luck-216 RGIII 714)
    Completion % (Luck 55% RGIII 67%)

vCash
    Why Is Luck in the discussion but Wilson isn't?

I think RG3 is the leader by a ways, for the record. But I think Wilson and Luck are much closer than people think.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Why Is Luck in the discussion but Wilson isn't?

I think RG3 is the leader by a ways, for the record. But I think Wilson and Luck are much closer than people think.
    Stats wise they are, but the media is all over what the Colts are doing this year, from Manning leaving, the coach, and Mannings replacement (the number 1 QB) taking the team to the playoffs. It shouldn't factor in, but it will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    Stats wise they are, but the media is all over what the Colts are doing this year, from Manning leaving, the coach, and Mannings replacement (the number 1 QB) taking the team to the playoffs. It shouldn't factor in, but it will.
    Thats refreshing to see this kind of comment from a division rival.

You nailed it.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post

Yea i agree. Wilson is not out of the picture depending on how the rest of the regular season goes. Doug Martin should be considered also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    How many INT's did P. Manning throw in his first year and how many wins did Manning get?

Plus Arians (his AHC/OC) in Pittsburgh threw the ball too much. With Arians play-calling you'll always rack up yards but not score as much as you should. Arians is a pass-happy co-ordinator. Shanny's system is more QB friendly.

Luck is also asked to carry the load more. Weak Oline, no run game, no defense, average receiving corps.

If the Colts win 10 games, that's an 8 game turn-around pretty good even if for a soft schedule.

Luck also has a handful of 4th Q comebacks, although he is responsible for some of the holes he digs for his team with turnovers.

Luck's mental toughness is elite. He never panics against the rush, keeps his eye downfield, and stays in control in tight/clutch situations. Know's how to move forward from mistakes and block out external noise.

Luck is also making the most rookie mistakes, but give him one off-season like Manning and you'll see the adjustments and progress.
    Luck looks like he is going to be a good QB with great poise and confidence in clutch situations, BUT he does not have the best decision making ability. He looks more like Brett Farve out there than Peyton Manning. I know its splitting hairs since they are both great QB's, but if you asked me to choose between which of those two I would want on my team is Peyton. Luck needs to improve on his decision making and his accuracy, those are his glaring weakness right now. Also, Luck is not stuck on some talentless team. Reggie Wayne is still a top 5 reciever, and Coby Fleener looks like he is a star in the making also.

RG3 I am starting to come around more. He has the look more of a Steve Young. Great awareness in the pocket and can throw on the run. I love the fact the Redskins are building his confidence and letting him hit those short passess, maybe its time to fully open up the playbook for him.

Russell Wilson, Ok I am a Hawk fan so I have some homer glassess on but when its all said and done he will end up having the best career imo. He is in a system that is prefect for his skill set, he has one of the leagues best power run games to lean on while he is learning the NFL still. He has a great arm, mobile, can make great decisions, and works harder than any player out there. Tim Ryan said it best that he looks like Fran Tarkenton out there.

I don't know why the National media is STILL not considering seriously Wilson for OROY, he has more TD than RG3, and blows away Luck in stats. He has faced tougher competition than both of these guys and is still leading a team into playoff contention. Right now I have it as RG3 #1, Wilson #2, Doug Martin at #3, Luck is really #4. ROY should not be about where you where drafted, it should be about how well you played, and Luck so far has been over-rated in his play. Out of the 3 who knows who has the best career, but for all we know this could be the year of the QB's #2.

vCash
    I like how people bring up RG3 throwing screens but then leave out how he leads the league on touchdown passes of over 25 yards and passes in general of over 60 yards...

RG3 attacks the entire field.

vCash
    1. Doug Martin
    2. RG3/Wilson
    3. RG3/Wilson
    4. Luck
    2011 Suck For Luck Campaign!
    Miami 0-3
    Colts 0-3
    Chiefs 0-3
    Seahawks 1-2

vCash
    Both luck and rg3 are having great seasons,and both should also be in the league mvp voting because without their play,neither team would win any games. if i voted i'd vote for rg3 because i a skins fan,but if andrew luck were to win it, i would'nt complain because his play has been just as outstanding as rg3's has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    I like how people bring up RG3 throwing screens but then leave out how he leads the league on touchdown passes of over 25 yards and passes in general of over 60 yards...

RG3 attacks the entire field.
    In the air or YAC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    In the air or YAC?
    In the air, but the long completions I've seen him throw have generally been to

1) Wide open receivers

2) Guys making spectacular plays on the ball

vCash
    y do all the luck supporters conveniently forget to post completion% and Turnovers? these are pretty important stats when evaluating QBs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    y do all the luck supporters conveniently forget to post completion% and Turnovers? these are pretty important stats when evaluating QBs.
    He's everyone's golden boy this year. He moves his head from side to side so he must be elite at reading defenses. Nevermind the fact that he throws directly into coverage with his noodle arm more than most QBs in the NFL.

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast