Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

    69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

    108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

    30 14.49%
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 594
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,489
    vCash
    1500
    I think the main point here is that you can argue it either way. Certainly quite a few experts think luck deserves the award based on his game winning drives which he has the most of any rookie. Of course it all comes down to the people who have a vote and this year is a bit different than others cosidering there's 3 guys who are doing pretty well.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe if Luck wasn't handing over possession all game he wouldn't have to win games on the last drive, but he is so he does.
    Last edited by FWBrodie; 12-12-2012 at 01:47 AM.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,116
    vCash
    500
    Robert Griffin III hands down anybody else is just a Luck fanboy.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,052
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Maybe if Luck wasn't handing over possession all game he would have to win games on the last drive, but he is so he does.
    but he was the #1 pick.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,598
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    but he was the #1 pick.


    I hope you and I are still on PSD in a couple years so I can mock you endlessly for acting like he's a horrible QB.

    I bet the only game you saw was the DET one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,598
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Robert Griffin III hands down anybody else is just a Luck fanboy.
    False.

    Garbage like this is why I can't stand PSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,598
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    I think the main point here is that you can argue it either way. Certainly quite a few experts think luck deserves the award based on his game winning drives which he has the most of any rookie. Of course it all comes down to the people who have a vote and this year is a bit different than others cosidering there's 3 guys who are doing pretty well.
    It all comes down to one thing.

    Stat googling.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,598
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Which is why great players sometimes don't win MVP's and Super Bowls. I mean imagining what each player would look like in identical situations is an impossible task. For all we know Kirk Cousins would be 10-3 with 25 TD's if he had started every game for the Redskins, but he doesn't get to be in the ROTY race, and thems the breaks. Same goes for Luck. His numbers aren't as impressive as RG3's and you want to tell us it isn't fair because it's different systems or teams or what the **** ever else. Well your other top argument (the Colt's 9-4 record (a stat!)) is pretty ****ing contradictory of that. The player who puts up the most impressive numbers and wins games wins these awards. It's the way it is and always has been.
    RGIII should win. I said 1000000000 times he should.

    What I'm saying is when you stand the stats side by side. It's not indicative of the gaps between their overall play this year.

    You'd think Luck was about as good as Sanchez based on them. Which is a complete ****ing joke. And RGIII looks like the best QB in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    382
    vCash
    1500
    each one of us should just pick they guy we think should win it an give a reason or 2, not talk down the other rookies

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    71
    vCash
    1500
    RG III deserves the Offensive Rookie of the Year award but Luck is certainly going to be a great QB. I think Doug Martin deserves some consideration, too.

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    1,208
    vCash
    1500
    luck gets credit for all these game winning drives, nd thats great n all, but hes the one putting them in the hole in the first place. how many turnovers does he have? compare that to RG3's 6 turnovers total. RG3 has never once been the reason we were in the hole.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,052
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post


    I hope you and I are still on PSD in a couple years so I can mock you endlessly for acting like he's a horrible QB.

    I bet the only game you saw was the DET one too.
    Show me where I said in a couple years he will be a horrible qb.

    He's been ok this year. He hasn't been better than Russell Wilson. He hasn't been better than RGIII. He hasn't been better than Cam was last year. Yes, he is asked to do more than RGIII/Wilson. But that doesn't make him better RIGHT NOW, it just means he's asked to do more and realistically he hasn't been all that great at "doing more".... he's leading the league in interceptions and fumbles and is completing 55% of his passes. I think even Russell Wilson is good enough of leading the league in interceptions and fumbles and have a bad completion percentage if he was asked to do more ... do you disagree with that?

    I think you're confusing being better (THIS SEASON) with being asked to do more. They aren't necessarily one in the same. You're just not going to convince me that a guy who is leading the league in interceptions is some sort of elite player at reading defenses ........just because he moves his head side to side.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 12-12-2012 at 03:21 PM.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,598
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    show me where I said in a couple years he will be a horrible qb.
    Ahh the 5th grade argument of I insinuate things but I never said them verbatim so you can't do anything about it

    You constantly knock him over and over making him sound like he plays QB for Arizona. It's a joke. He's not half as bad as you try to make him out to be.

    Then you throw around these snide #1 pick, next PM comments, it's like you're bitter that he was a great prospect and a high pick. I don't get it.

    All that hype, all those comparisons. They weren't bogus ********. They weren't inventions. They were legitimate.

    You can believe it or not. When Luck ends up being VERY good in the near future it won't be because he took a huge leap in the right direction. This is just the progression of a young star QB asked to throw 50 times a game while throwing a third of them deep to studs such as TY Hilton and Donnie Avery. But oh he has the GOAT Reggie Wayne who was toast from everything I heard last year. Now he's soooooo great.

    You're not the only Lions fan who talked about him being dog **** either. I think you saw that one game and I don't know. I don't get it.


    Why do you constantly have to shat on this guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    luck gets credit for all these game winning drives, nd thats great n all, but hes the one putting them in the hole in the first place. how many turnovers does he have? compare that to RG3's 6 turnovers total. RG3 has never once been the reason we were in the hole.
    In part this isn't true. If you've watched Colt games then you know that their ability to cause turnovers is terrible. IF the Colts had Washington defense then their turnover diff would be almost 1 to 1 and no one thinks Washington's D is anything to get excited about.

    I give credit to the Colts D for stepping up against the Titans but that hasn't been the norm and when you look at points per game allowed the Redskins and the Colts are tied. Now where they are not is in take aways and almost any expert would say that getting turnovers improves your chances of winning by a large margin and Luck's defense doesn't really do that for him. ITs the difference of 14 take aways when comparing Colts vs Redskins.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,052
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Ahh the 5th grade argument of I insinuate things but I never said them verbatim so you can't do anything about it

    You constantly knock him over and over making him sound like he plays QB for Arizona. It's a joke. He's not half as bad as you try to make him out to be.

    Then you throw around these snide #1 pick, next PM comments, it's like you're bitter that he was a great prospect and a high pick. I don't get it.

    All that hype, all those comparisons. They weren't bogus ********. They weren't inventions. They were legitimate.

    You can believe it or not. When Luck ends up being VERY good in the near future it won't be because he took a huge leap in the right direction. This is just the progression of a young star QB asked to throw 50 times a game while throwing a third of them deep to studs such as TY Hilton and Donnie Avery. But oh he has the GOAT Reggie Wayne who was toast from everything I heard last year. Now he's soooooo great.

    You're not the only Lions fan who talked about him being dog **** either. I think you saw that one game and I don't know. I don't get it.


    Why do you constantly have to shat on this guy?
    I ALREADY SAID he is most likely going to be very good and probably as soon as next season. So lets just get past your point of you insinuating I don't think he's going to be good down the road. I don't know why it's so difficult for some to admit he hasn't been as good right off the bat as people expected though. He just hasn't. For an NFL ready prospect and the best prospect in the past 20 years or whatever, he is struggling more than you'd think he would. He hasn't been that good this year. He will probably be very good next season as I have said numerous times now.

    I was saying he was getting way too much hype well before the Lions game. I've seen more games than just the Lions game. His noodle arm wasn't any more impressive in the games before the Lions game and for how good he supposedly is at reading defenses....why the **** does he throw directly into coverage so often and lead the league in INTs?
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 12-12-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •