Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

30 14.49%
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    I like Luck and all but no way no how he should be ROY, lets talk specifically numbers here... they are quite bad... one of the worst passer ratings, his TD-INT ratio is horrible, while on the other hand, RG3 and Wilson's numbers are actually very good
    Luck td int ratio is due to playing with a bunch of rookies and quite a few tip balls. A moron would have to assume that wilson and rg3 are better passers when they face third and short more often. They hardly pass the ball and have a great play action game. Luck has turned the colts offense into a top 5 passing offense as a rookie. That can't be said of rg3 and wilson.

vCash
    Andrew Luck isn't even in the Offensive ROY equation in my eyes. Like has been said before, his stats aren't much better than Sanchez's.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    for all of you saying that Lucks season and stats are not that good and your comparing him to the "buttfumble"..... you need to actually watch their games and not just be a box score reader which is just like the arm chair QB. Your statements are idiotic at best! He will win offensive ROY and his team will make the playoffs coming off of a 2-14 season with nearly a complete overhaul of the team with a slew of rookies playing key roles and having a very mediocre offensive line! He is so far advanced for a rookie qb, its crazy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Luck td int ratio is due to playing with a bunch of rookies and quite a few tip balls. A moron would have to assume that wilson and rg3 are better passers when they face third and short more often. They hardly pass the ball and have a great play action game. Luck has turned the colts offense into a top 5 passing offense as a rookie. That can't be said of rg3 and wilson.
    LOL

The Colts have the 5th highest 3rd down conversion rate. The Seahawks are 21st and the Redskins are 28th.

They said the other night on MNF that the Redskins average distance on 3rd down is one of the worst in the NFL. These things called facts are important.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Did anyone realize that Andrew Luck has similar stats to Mark Sanchez? He's not even having that great of a year. RGIII however is having a phenomenal year. It's not even close. RGIII is better right now and probably will continue to be better.
    That's why looking at stats is for fools. Buy a television. Watch the Colts on it a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    People don't like when you point out Luck's short-comings.

Don't get me wrong, he's miles better than Sanchez, but he's not as great as everyone is making him out to be (as a rookie, not referring to his future potential). All anyone comments on is his yards and comebacks.
    He doesn't get to run the zone read and have a top 5 rusher.

And I've said plenty more. Nor have I ever said **** about yards or comebacks.

This all being said, RGIII should still be the ROY but these stat googlers who talk like RGIII is waaaaaay better are hilarious.

vCash
    Have you seen Wilson's Ints??? please hop off...

And the reason the Colts are passing it, is because they have to, they don't have a run option, the Seahawks have the second best rusher in the league, so we don't rely on passing as much, but when we do, Wilson delivers...

And RG3's stats are amazing too.

I'm not saying Luck isn't a great QB but he definitely has a ways to go before over taking RG3 for OROY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    Have you seen Wilson's Ints???
    I remember one of them. :cry:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I remember one of them. :cry:
    I think I know which one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieColts View Post
    for all of you saying that Lucks season and stats are not that good and your comparing him to the "buttfumble"..... you need to actually watch their games and not just be a box score reader which is just like the arm chair QB. Your statements are idiotic at best! He will win offensive ROY and his team will make the playoffs coming off of a 2-14 season with nearly a complete overhaul of the team with a slew of rookies playing key roles and having a very mediocre offensive line! He is so far advanced for a rookie qb, its crazy!
    I do watch Luck and his stats are pretty spot on to his play. If anything, his stats make him look better. My god some of the lobs he heaves would give me a heart attack if he was my teams QB. He's getting a ton of help from his team, I don't care what their record was last season. You put Curtis Painter in at QB for ANY team and they'll be lucky to finish with 3 wins.

That being said, I expect Luck will be a top 10 QB in the league. Maybe even top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    He doesn't get to run the zone read and have a top 5 rusher.

And I've said plenty more. Nor have I ever said **** about yards or comebacks.

This all being said, RGIII should still be the ROY but these stat googlers who talk like RGIII is waaaaaay better are hilarious.
    All of this is true, but I think OROY is basically an individual stat contest. As much as I think Luck will be the better QB of this draft class, you can't take credit from RG3 for his offensive scheme, nor can you give credit to Luck for having potential/not running a college scheme and having a top 5 rusher. If you discredit RG3 for his zone-read, Wilson is playing in a pretty normal offense and doing arguably better than Luck. I don't think it's even possible to put Luck in the discussion for OROY given the seasons some of the other rookies are having.

vCash
    Both are going to go down as great franchise qbs, but at this point I think RGIII is playing at a higher, and much more efficient, level. Can't take anything away from griffin, luck or Wilson. This is a great qb class. RGIII has started his career the strongest though.
    Not only is he a major threat on his feet but he's extremely accurate and doesn't turn the ball over much at all.
    R.I.P. Kenny McKinley. You will be missed

vCash
    gotta go with rg3 i mean if it wasn't for his defense the redskins would be in a better psoition...plus luck has 22 total tds, an 21 total turnovers to rg3 23 total tds, an just 6 turnovers..i mean rg3 gave his team the best chance to win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    gotta go with rg3 i mean if it wasn't for his defense the redskins would be in a better psoition...plus luck has 22 total tds, an 21 total turnovers to rg3 23 total tds, an just 6 turnovers..i mean rg3 gave his team the best chance to win
    People keep forgetting how many times rg3 has fumbled. He has 2 tds off of fumbles in the red zone alone. That's the difference int two games alone but somehow he gets a pass.

vCash
    People keep forgetting how many times rg3 has fumbled. He has 2 tds off of fumbles in the red zone alone. That's the difference int two games alone but somehow he gets a pass.
    he's fumbled it 10 times but only lost it twice, luck has fumbled 9 times but lost 5, i mean i guess rg3 is lucky when it comes to that but luck isnt much better

vCash
    Like 3 of RG3's fumbles were botched handoffs on those zone read plays. They were quick recoveries and still managed to get positive yards.

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast