Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

69 33.33%
  • Robert Griffin III

108 52.17%
  • Other (post!)

30 14.49%
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    RGIII's stats may be a bit better, but I'd have to give it to Luck seeing that he's taken a one win team to a possible playoff team in his rookie season. That impresses me a lot for some reason.
    this is also a terrible indicator... Washington was a 5 win team while playing in a piss poor division.... Also the colts won 2 games not 1...3 game difference is not that big of a deal with how bad both teams were. If the colts won 1 game and the skins won 9 there might be a case but come on.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    ftfy
    lol thanks... typo

vCash
    Andrew Luck is a better quarterback but RGIII is a better football player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Andrew Luck is a better quarterback but RGIII is a better football player.
    Not so sure about that either... I would think so but right now that is not showing either... If RG3 was putting up vick like statistics I would agree...He is kinda the best of both worlds right now... His 67 comp pct and 8.2 avg says other wise... 300 attempts is not a small small sample size either...1 season is and people could Adjust and both of these guys can end up falling off a cliff or being great but right now to say luck is the better QB just isn't correct when RG3 is passing the ball far better.

RIGHT NOW FROM WHAT WE HAVE TO WORK WITH.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-29-2012 at 10:39 PM.

vCash
    Again 1 season is a small sample size but 300 pass attempts is not just a few games worth... Its more than half a season worth so its an OK indicator for just this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Not so sure about that either... I would think so but right now that is not showing either... If RG3 was putting up vick like statistics I would agree...He is kinda the best of both worlds right now... His 67 comp pct and 8.2 avg says other wise... 300 attempts is not a small small sample size either...1 season is and people could Adjust and both of these guys can end up falling off a cliff or being great but right now to say luck is the better passer just isn't correct when RG3 is passing the ball far better.

RIGHT NOW FROM WHAT WE HAVE TO WORK WITH.
    Well if we were playing baseball that's great.

RGIII's ability to run makes his throwing windows easier. It's easy to see when you watch.

The need to defend against both benefits him in a big way in the pass game.

WHICH IS NOT to take away from him. At all, that's all his yardage and ability and the threat of his legs. I just think if you take the legs away, and he stays in more like Luck does. That's a whole new set of passing numbers for that kid.

Luck has a better feel pre and post snap. That's my take. I know 4000000000 people are going to scream at me now but that's what IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII think.

vCash
    Well if we were playing baseball that's great.

RGIII's ability to run makes his throwing windows easier. It's easy to see when you watch.

The need to defend against both benefits him in a big way in the pass game.

WHICH IS NOT to take away from him. At all, that's all his yardage and ability and the threat of his legs. I just think if you take the legs away, and he stays in more like Luck does. That's a whole new set of passing numbers for that kid.

Luck has a better feel pre and post snap. That's my take. I know 4000000000 people are going to scream at me now but that's what IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII think.
    So do you think PManning/Brees/Brady are all better QBs than Rodgers? We both love Rodgers so I am just a bit curious because that same case could be made against him that his ability with his legs also makes it easier for him to throw

vCash
    this is also a terrible indicator... Washington was a 5 win team while playing in a piss poor division.... Also the colts won 2 games not 1...3 game difference is not that big of a deal with how bad both teams were. If the colts won 1 game and the skins won 9 there might be a case but come on.
    Do you not remember how terrible the Colts were last season? I know the Colts schedule hasn't been the greatest, but the fact that Luck's been that much of a difference makers so early on. Never has there been a QB that was selected first overall and brought his team into the playoffs in his rookie season in the SB era and Luck's in a great position as of right now to be the first to ever do it.

vCash
    So do you think PManning/Brees/Brady are all better QBs than Rodgers? We both love Rodgers so I am just a bit curious because that same case could be made against him that his ability with his legs also makes it easier for him to throw
    Well if we want to act like 8 years and automatically assume that anyone who can run plays that same way as RGIII.

Luck can run. He has the same numbers at hte combine as Cam. But he doesn't need to. He could at a high level....he doesn't.

Rodgers isn't a THREAT to run. You don't go "okay we play GB this week, we have to make sure Rodgers doesn't beat us with his legs." He just has the ability to move when things break down.

Not to mention Aaron Rodgers pure arm talent is the best in the NFL.

I mean I know you wanted to do the 8 year old argument and take a wide brush and paint the rest of the NFL with what I said but you and I know that Rodgers doesn't get easier windows because of his legs.

RGIII does.

vCash
    Do you not remember how terrible the Colts were last season? I know the Colts schedule hasn't been the greatest, but the fact that Luck's been that much of a difference makers so early on. Never has there been a QB that was selected first overall and brought his team into the playoffs in his rookie season in the SB era and Luck's in a great position as of right now to be the first to ever do it.
    They were terrible enough for me to honestly believe they were playing for the top draft pick and Luck... The choices they made late and on down the list help prove that point. If you look at this year and last year its night and day and that is not all luck...On every side of the ball they look better... Using the win/loss just doesn't do it for me when you factor it all in.

vCash
    Well if we want to act like 8 years and automatically assume that anyone who can run plays that same way as RGIII.

Luck can run. He has the same numbers at hte combine as Cam. But he doesn't need to. He could at a high level....he doesn't.

Rodgers isn't a THREAT to run. You don't go "okay we play GB this week, we have to make sure Rodgers doesn't beat us with his legs." He just has the ability to move when things break down.

Not to mention Aaron Rodgers pure arm talent is the best in the NFL.

I mean I know you wanted to do the 8 year old argument and take a wide brush and paint the rest of the NFL with what I said but you and I know that Rodgers doesn't get easier windows because of his legs.

RGIII does.
    You honestly believe teams do not game plan some for Rodgers Mobility over say a guy like PManning?

vCash
    They were terrible enough for me to honestly believe they were playing for the top draft pick and Luck... The choices they made late and on down the list help prove that point. If you look at this year and last year its night and day and that is not all luck...On every side of the ball they look better... Using the win/loss just doesn't do it for me when you factor it all in.
    The team had no belief. They were told their whole careers Peyton does everything for you sniveling little *****. You would be nothing without Lord Peyton.

Then they got HORRIBLE QB's on top of it and they just really believed they couldn't play. They tanked a little but it started with confidence in the squad.

Either way, Luck has gotten them to believe.

There's little doubt in my mind Luck will end up being a better career QB than RGIII. Pretty much zero. The way he's playing when you WATCH HIM (since all I do is argue with stat googlers) is mind blowing.

RGIII is running the read option. Remember week one when he threw like 9 straight bubbles screens on his first drive for a TD with a zone read in between and people were going OMG RGIII SEE LOOK HOW GOOD HE IS.

Dude threw a whole drive worth of screens and he was already king.

I feel like that's still going on a bit. I love watching him play but his quarterbacking acumen isn't that special. Kid definitely has the it factor in spades and the arm and the legs, don't get me wrong. I want to see the rest come along though.

vCash
    You honestly believe teams do not game plan some for Rodgers Mobility over say a guy like PManning?
    It doesn't change coverages

It's just more about keeping on your toes and your head on a swivel because he can move.

They change coverages for kids like RGIII bro. Drop people into spy coverages. The way the ends play changes...it's night and day. It's a joke to hear you compare it like that.

vCash
    Oh please they didn't purposely tank at the end of last season. Just looked back at their schedule and their only two wins came in December and one of them was against the Texans. They also played a fairly competitive game against the Patriots that same month. And to add in that their coach was on the hot seat the whole season, wouldn't it be ridiculously stupid for him to let his team tank?

vCash
    Oh please they didn't purposely tank at the end of last season. Just looked back at their schedule and their only two wins came in December and one of them was against the Texans. They also played a fairly competitive game against the Patriots that same month. And to add in that their coach was on the hot seat the whole season, wouldn't it be ridiculously stupid for him to let his team tank?
    Dude, don't be silly. Suck for Luck.

I mean c'mon IT EVEN RHYMED.

Every time IND was on prime time I saw them play VERY hard.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast