Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do you guys consider Denver overrated? Or are they the real deal?

I do consider Denver an elite team but I've seen them as number 1 in numerous power rankings this week and it makes me scratch my head. Look at the schedule they've played this year.

Bold = Teams that look playoff bound.

vs Pittsburgh (0-0) W 31 - 19
    @ Atlanta (1-0) L 21 - 27
    vs Houston (2-0) L 25 - 31
    vs Oakland (1-2) W 37 - 6
    @ New England (2-2) L 21 - 31
    @ San Diego (3-2) W 35 - 24
    vs New Orleans (2-4) W 34 - 14
    @ Cincinnati (3-4) W 31 - 23
    @ Carolina (2-6) W 36 - 14
    vs San Diego (4-5) W 30 - 23
    @ Kansas City (1-9) W 17 - 9
    vs Tampa Bay (6-5) W 31 - 23
    @ Oakland (3-9) W 26 - 13
    @ Baltimore (9-4) W 34 - 17
    vs Cleveland (5-9) 4:05 pm EST
    vs Kansas City (2-12) 4:25 pm EST

5 games against playoff teams out of the 16 they're playing this year. Looks like they will go 6-0 in their week division, and on top of that they've gone 2 - 3 against playoff teams. Baltimore is no doubt playing there worst football of the season at this point of the year, there defense has been beat up all year (No Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs) and they just fired there offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. They've had some terrible game plans lately if you've watched them.

My question to you is,

Overrated or Deserving?
    Best in the NFL?
    Best in the AFC?

Let's discuss guys.

vCash
    Best ever.

vCash
    They are good, but to be honest, there are no NFL super elite teams anymore because the defenses are just not as good. Denver has a very good defense and offense and they will go far if they execute correctly. They most assuredly are the real deal.

vCash
    All their losses came early, when everything was out of sync. They have hit their stride and it'll take a big effort to stop them IMO.

I'd much rather travel to NE or Hou than Denver in the playoffs.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    I mean, they're good, I'm just not sure how good.

Their losses came early, but they came to basically the only championship contending teams they played all year. No disrespect to Cincy (a solid road win) or Baltimore (hasn't been impressive in a while now).
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-19-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    As NJ Raven has said, all loses came early. They are on a 9 game winning streak, this team is a different team then it was starting the year, Peyton and the rest of that offense is rolling. Defense is no joke either.

vCash
    Im glad someone finally said it, YES. I really think they're overrated this year, especially with their very easy schedule.. They've lost to all the good teams, and like you mentioned, Baltimore is all banged up and Cinncy is not an elite playoff team. If Manning gets MVP this year I will be shocked. I expect them to crumble in the playoffs when they face a real challenge. The Broncos are a good team, dont get me wrong, but are they elite? I think not.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    I find it hard to call a team who has won nine games in a row over-rated.

I don't believe we are elite, yet. However, I do think we are legit SB contenders. This team still has issues, as do most. Redzone offence being a primary concern.
    If we can get that sorted in time for the playoffs then we'll be a scary proposition for any team, home or away.

We have lost to the two best teams in the AFC, granted, but by a combined margain of 16 points with those losses coming early on in the season. If posters and fans think that the week 3 Broncos is the same team as the Broncos team now then they are very much mistaken.
    In comparison, the top two teams the Texans have played this year have beaten them by a combined 46 points whilst we have both blown out the Ravens.

I really really don't want a argument now between Texans fans because I respect them but I'm just showing how weak the 'they've lost all their games against elite teams' really is.
    Last edited by UKBronco58; 12-19-2012 at 06:42 PM.

vCash
    Not their fault their schedule is what it is.
    They are a good team, but I have complete confidence my team can walk into their house and take care of them. They don't scare me or make me nervous like a healthy Raven team or the Seahawks or 9ers.
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko 1h

#Patriots are 9-2 and their second highest paid player this season is Aaron Hernandez. Let that sink in.

vCash
    They would beat BOTH Atlanta and Houston at this point

They were still trying to build chemistry that early on... Chemistry has been found... Denver is a Super Bowl candidate... Thanks to the greatest QB of all time

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    i'm a believer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Not their fault their schedule is what it is.
    They are a good team, but I have complete confidence my team can walk into their house and take care of them. They don't scare me or make me nervous like a healthy Raven team or the Seahawks or 9ers.
    Well they should... They have Peyton Manning

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Well they should... They have Peyton Manning
    Yeah, and we know how to handle PM and the Broncos.
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko 1h

#Patriots are 9-2 and their second highest paid player this season is Aaron Hernandez. Let that sink in.

vCash
    I'm actually going to say that we are overrated. The D is almost there, but the O is only at like 75% of its potential. Way too many stalled drives, especially in the first half, because of silly mental errors or drops or whatnot. It's getting better week to week though-- hopefully they're firing on all cylinders as the playoffs start. And even though I think we're overrated, I still think we have a decent shot to beat any of the contenders. (prob the only non-overrated contenders at this point are the Pats and the Niners).

Yeah, and we know how to handle PM and the Broncos.
    Really? Brady and the Pats don't have a great record against the Broncos. You've had the upper hand last few years, but come play us in Mile High in the playoffs-- just a wee bit harder challenge I think.
    Last edited by kubernetes; 12-19-2012 at 07:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    As NJ Raven has said, all loses came early. They are on a 9 game winning streak, this team is a different team then it was starting the year, Peyton and the rest of that offense is rolling. Defense is no joke either.
    Both statements can be true simultaneously. They are not mutually exclusive.

Denver's losses came early
    Denver's losses were to their best competition

And as to the conclusion that they were out of sync early and are finally on the same page now, how do we know that was caused by bad chemistry early and not superior competition?
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast