Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OJ Mayo

vCash
    I think Mayo is best suited as a 2nd or 3rd option on a team. If the Mavs can sign a center that is really strong on defense and a pass first PG with a high basketball IQ I think they could be a championship contender again within 2 years. This is what I would like to see the Mavs starting 5 be next year.

PG - Calderon
    SG - Mayo
    SF - Marion
    PF - Dirk
    C - Dwight Howard

vCash
    once again dirk and dwight beautiful duo... like calderon on the offense defense he is simply bad...mayo has to learn much much more about himself and his game!

so i would love every team what is build around dirk and dwight

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Mayo is once again at the crossroad. Hope it's only a slump but it doesn't feel like one.

vCash
    I'm trying and will ease my slander on Mayo for his recent poor struggle stretch. I'm gonna give him the benefit of doubt and I trust he'll get his confidence back eventually. Mavs need to keep OJ here long term. Terry wasn't always brilliant his first year as a Maverick, Mayo actually has been better.

vCash
    Terry was hell and heaven in once, just like Carter in less degree. They do great stuff, jus to ruin it a few seconds later again.

Problem with Mayo is, what he's showing now, already cost him his stints with many other teams. It's like a spell that he has to finally break. Either he does or you can call him done. That's a drastic point of view, I know but he's no kid anymore.

vCash
    with by many other teams you mean the Memphis Grizzlies?...

I know what you're saying tho and I agree. People really never change/break their habits, he needs to take some mind altering drug to change his inevitible destiny of "not quite good enough to be an elite NBA scorer, and really no purpose because I suck off the bench too..I miss high school where I was the ****!!!!"

vCash
    Nah he's good enough. He should stop doubting himself. That's all. And in games when his shot is off or whatever, work hard, attack, get free throws, charge fouls, help to space the floor, concentrate on defense, passing.... that all should be self-evident.

vCash
    With many teams I meant more than just the Grizzlies, the one team he had played with before. Think about how many teams actually might have thought of signing him once in a while but resisted because of what they've seen. With more trust in himself he'd still either play for the Grizz in a big role or for another team in the same. Being incosistent and frightened somehow, that cost him several stints with many other teams that shared interest in him, or one better. That's how I meant it.

vCash
    O I get what you're saying. Yeah he does doubt himself the worst thing that a scorer can do.

I'm sure losing your spot to Tony Allen lingers in his mind all the time..

vCash
    How good does everyone think OJ Mayo can become?

He started out hot, but has been struggling lately until tonight against Miami. He was ice cold, firing looong three-pointers and swishing them.

So can this guy become the new leader of the Mavs? Or will he continue to be inconsistent?

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    mayo is young and very good he has to learn but who not?
    for me mayos biggest problem is his head ! if he controlls this problem and works on his tunrovers he will be a flat out scorer

btw i like his assist numbers !

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    How good does everyone think OJ Mayo can become?

He started out hot, but has been struggling lately until tonight against Miami. He was ice cold, firing looong three-pointers and swishing them.

So can this guy become the new leader of the Mavs? Or will he continue to be inconsistent?
    as long as his confidence is hi then he can be a 20 ppg 5 ast guy
    Hello Mr Crowder

vCash
    Dirk will help him reach his limits and be more consistent. First he'll bring himself back in shape, then Mayo.

vCash
    OJ had a very nice 2nd half against the kings
    Hello Mr Crowder

vCash
    but 2 points in 1 hlaf is not enough

Andrew Graham:

What do the Mavs say???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123