Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OJ Mayo

vCash

OJ Mayo

Hey Mavs fans, Grizzlies fan here. I was a huge fan of OJ and was agaisn't letting him go. I havent been able to watch any of yalls games, and was curious as to how you all feel he has played and what your thoughts are on him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezy3 View Post
    Hey Mavs fans, Grizzlies fan here. I was a huge fan of OJ and was agaisn't letting him go. I havent been able to watch any of yalls games, and was curious as to how you all feel he has played and what your thoughts are on him?
    OJ Mayo has played like an All Star here, no joke. We would be fighting the Wizards for worst record in the league right now if not for him. Extremely gifted offensive player (not only shooting, but creating for others) and solid defender. He's gonna get PAID next year.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    OJ Mayo has played like an All Star here, no joke. We would be fighting the Wizards for worst record in the league right now if not for him. Extremely gifted offensive player (not only shooting, but creating for others) and solid defender. He's gonna get PAID next year.
    I am thrilled to hear that. I hope he continues to grow into one of the top SGs in the leauge. Met him a couple times. Great guy, great player. I'm looking forward to when he and the Mavs come play in Memphis so i can watch him again.

vCash
    yeah mayo is freaking good love him

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Hes really good. Probably wont get any worse or any better which is fine.

Hes not super flashy or strong, just very good. Which is perfect for complimenting Dirk.

He needs to hit his free throws in the clutch tho

vCash
    Mayo is to inconsistent, hes like a younger version of Jason terry

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    ^ that's a brutal comparison man. Mayo is nowhere near as disruptive to an offense as Terry was. He also isnt 100% reliant on a jumper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    It's a relatively fair comparison, if you are comparing him to a younger JET. They have similar numbers for this age. That being said, I can't prove it through any stats, but it just feels like Mayo is much better at going with the flow of the game. Too many times I saw Terry just start jacking (think like Kobe) when his shot wasn't hitting.

From Mayo, I see the opposite, he maybe passes too much. Regardless, JET isn't a terrible player. He was a solid sidekick to Dirk through the middle of the decade. And Mayo is bigger than Terry. Terry was good at jumping passing lanes, but Mayo is much better at man to man. All in all, I wouldn't think it to be the worst thing in the world if Mayo wound up having a similar career to Terry. Mayo is not a superstar, but he can be the solid number two on a championship roster.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    The reason I compair them is 1. Stats 2. Both could have been better if they gave more effort. I cant prove the 2nd one but thats just how I see it.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    it's not that they dont have effort they just have strange minds. Like IM CONFIDENT. LET ME CHUCK THIS..idk hard to explain.

sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't.

vCash
    Mayo is amazing but he is actually toooooo unselfish

He rarely shoots in the first half then always goes off in the second half

Maybe that's his thing

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBaByyy View Post
    Mayo is amazing but he is actually toooooo unselfish

He rarely shoots in the first half then always goes off in the second half

Maybe that's his thing
    Very much the opposite of Josh Howard. JHo used to score like 15-18 in the first half then finish the game with low 20s

vCash
    its easy
    1) he needs to be healthy
    2) need more shots/layups/drives some games he hasn't got the ball in 3-5 mins

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    I heard Marc Stein on Ben and Skin this past Thursday and he said Mayo won't be able to be so free offensively when Dirk returns and he may not produce the same due to less touches and more. It kind of surprised me he said it, because he's almost at every Mavs game if not all and I think it's clear Mayo will only be aided by having Dirk out there as both players aren't really high volume shooters. Dirk's draw of the constant double team ought to open up shots and lanes for his teammates especially Mayo as Dirk will once again be the focus on opponent's defenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    I'm backing up his opinion, it's mine too. Inconsitent might be the wrong word because he was consistent during the first couple games, he just tends to go down like everybody else when we're going down.... though I know what he means. He should be fighting more. We're just a team way too nice to everybody. We're not hurting, we're not doing any harm. We're like kittens. Considering our veterans, their epxerince and class and our talent on the paper... that's sometimes hilarious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast