Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Dennis Allen has players' support

I believe the players are getting the message loud and clear....

A week after Raiders owner Mark Davis said he was embarrassed and disappointed by his team's performance, Oakland laid another egg Sunday and lost 34-10 in Cincinnati. Which posed the question for some fans: Has first-year head coach Dennis Allen lost the team?
    The answer came back a resounding no from players, who did play better after falling behind 24-0 at halftime.
    "We definitely believe in Coach Allen and the coaches, and we believe in their schemes," defensive tackle Desmond Bryant said after the game. We just have to learn to be consistent in our execution. We had some flashes of being a good defense earlier in the season, but now we are having more flashes of being terrible.
    "We all support Coach. We're all behind him. We just have to go out there and ball. Keep working."
    Bryant pointed out that defensive players underperforming is nothing new.
    "It's been the same way for a while around here," said Bryant, who is in his fourth season. "We have always had talent, but we have never played up to our expectations for ourselves."
    New life: The bad news is that Oakland (3-8) has lost four straight for the first time since 2008, and that the Raiders have allowed 169 points over their past four games. That is the second-highest four-game total in the NFL since its merger with the AFL in 1970. The only other team to allow more points over a four-game span during that time was Tennessee in 2004 (177).
    The good news is that the Raiders play their next three games at home, starting with the Browns on Sunday, and teammates expect running back Darren McFadden back from a high ankle sprain. He has missed three games, as have defensive tackle Richard Seymour (hamstring) and running back Mike Goodson (high ankle sprain).
    Allen said he's hopeful that all three players will be able to practice Wednesday.
    Roll out TP? Allen said the coaches have discussed finding a role for third-string quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who has been inactive all 11 games this season.
    "He's working to get better, and he's working to improve," Allen said. "I've seen improvement in Terrelle. He's gotten better as a quarterback. I don't think any of us feel like he's the finished product, including himself. But he has worked to improve."
    If Pryor, who's in his second season, gets a chance to play down the stretch, it would most likely be in a limited role that takes advantage of his mobility. The Raiders are 29th in the NFL in the red zone, scoring touchdowns only 39 percent of the time.
    Browns waiting on QB: Cleveland won't know for a few days whether rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden will play in Oakland. Weeden sustained a concussion in the closing minutes of Sunday's 20-14 win over Pittsburgh.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/articl...#ixzz2DYDVV8cQ

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Nothing like hearing a player be accountable for his actions or lack of,the fact that he brought up previous years tells me they were never held accountable and just expected to win with "talent",is that the players or the coaching? If the this coaching staff has the support of the players they should have our support and patience as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Nothing like hearing a player be accountable for his actions or lack of,the fact that he brought up previous years tells me they were never held accountable and just expected to win with "talent",is that the players or the coaching? If the this coaching staff has the support of the players they should have our support and patience as well.
    I thought the same thing... I believe DA is holding the entire team accountable and some may still be adjusting to that because of years of just win. I support RM and DA to make the right decisions as painful as it may be for the short term. I'm very excited about the future and getting back to the "Commitment of Excellence" we all know the Raiders represent.

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    MD, RM and DA will never ever admit to fact that the 2012 season is a free pass season. But everybody and there momma knows thats exactly what this year was. Not to say that they weren't aiming for a winning successful year. I do believe they believed we had the talent and potential to be successful on the field this year and i do believe that DA has the support of most players. Those who dont support DA, well doesnt matter cuz most likely they wont be a Raider next season. This was a year for DA to plant his philosophy an to weed out any player who doesnt fit or go along with his philosophy. I see minimal change on offense, mainly on the O-Line, and see major change on defense in the off season. I would like to see Knapp out as OC, but honestly see him back next year so i hope his play calling improves drastically. SD is bout to go through there own drastic regime change, KC is no where near from putting a competitive team on the field and Manning and the Denver Little Ponys are on the wrong side of 35, i feel the division is for the Raiders to take for the next few years. I know it looks gloomy right now but be patient Raider Nation...it will get better.

vCash
    This is a great thread. Everyone's comments are spot on.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    desmond bryant is a real *****. I respect him, he knows its his teammates that suck, really wish he can be starting at DT because he's way better than kelly and at this point better than lazy as seymour.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    ^ agreed

vCash
    DA is here to change not just the team but the culture of things and thats not done overnight. Players will go, coaches will go, but his message will be clear and heard by the team.. Do it his way.. Play and act at a high level or your gone.. DA is putting a big stamp on things by kicking McClain out of practice.. It sends an even larger message when the GM tells said player to pack his bags as a result of that and his lack of performance ..

DA has this team .. It never quits.. There are parts of the offense and defense that are downright inept but the effort is there. The team lacks consistency and depth and in some places, talent..but most do get after it during the game. We often mistake players who suck for lack of effort, they're not one and the same allthough maximum effort usually at least keeps you somewhat respectable.. In short.. The purge has begun.. It will be interesting who we see play for the rest of this year and the changes that are coming.. RM knows that there needs to be a HUGE improvement between this and next season..

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    Where is 510? Claiming the players don't respect him and that he can't lead men?

Good thing we got rid of one of those *******, the men left over will be fine in Oakland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Where is 510? Claiming the players don't respect him and that he can't lead men?

Good thing we got rid of one of those *******, the men left over will be fine in Oakland.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    DA is holding everyone accountable? I'll believe when he gets Knapp fired. Al Saunders is getting paid for doing nothing.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    I bet they do. He lets them do whatever the hell they want and he holds nobody accountable...

"Killer Instinct"

vCash

His mom has him on restriction plus he's still fuming over DA not throwing the challenge flag and causing the entire season to spiral downward.

vCash
    I understand the lack of talent and the money issues. The only thing I don't understand is the regression on the defensive side of the ball. They played well to start the year, but they now have more practice in this system and they regress to this level? I thought for sure DA and Tarver would have these men playing competitive on that side of the ball. Thought last year was all Bresnahan's fault. Guess it really is a lack of talent, but how have they regressed so much to the point that we have given up the 2nd most points since the merger in a 4 game span? This defense is making me miss AD's defenses and that is sad. We started the year doing very well against the run, but couldn't stop the pass. Now it seems we can stop anything. I can't wait for other teams to score so I can finally see our offense on the field. I just can't understand the regression from the beginning of the year till now. If teams run right at us, we are screwed.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash

Im right here what is said in the light may not be the same in the dark did you read about who mcclain got into it with ? Allen that is who and if people believe that is the only player that has a problem with this coaching staff just don't understand the fact that nfl players rarely ever say how they really feel publicly during the season wait until the off season when a lot of these guys are cut just like with Hue all the ugly things about this season and Allen will come out . To you who cares because the players suck anyway but what about the new players coming to Oakland ? why would any top 10 free agent come here if they feel Allen can't lead them to victory? that is what we will face if we don't get one of the many top coaches in the nfl that will be looking for a job next year.

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast