Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Aaron Curry officially waived today

Per Steve Corkran, his Twitter account, and Raiders official account.

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS

The Oakland Raiders have waived LB Aaron Curry.

I had hopes of this guy replacing McClain possibly there goes a 7th round pick from last year and a conditional 5th round pick this year I believe.

vCash
    Wonder what the thinking is here?
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Also, Curry will be $1.508M in dead money in 2013. Three voidable years were added in September contract renegotiation.

vCash
    Would have been due base salary of roughly 3mil next year, I would assume health was still and issue and wasn't worth the money going into next year.

vCash
    ^ if thats true then reggies the man. curry is not worth 3 million. enormous liability in pass coverage. if he cuts reggie for 3 million. kelly 8 million, seymour 15 million, dhb 10 million, dmc 7 million, those guys should are goners too.

Yall let me slip?!?!

6. 11-20-2012, 03:27 PM
    Reason
    baiting/responding to baiting

7. 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM
    Reason

8. 11-20-2012, 03:47 PM
    Reason

vCash
    Damm!

10. 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
    Reason

vCash
    This has more to do with McClain beating the rap then Curry's play or health for that matter.

vCash
    One bad decision after another... When will this crap end??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skyleralan View Post
    Per Steve Corkran, his Twitter account, and Raiders official account.

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS

The Oakland Raiders have waived LB Aaron Curry.

I had hopes of this guy replacing McClain possibly there goes a 7th round pick from last year and a conditional 5th round pick this year I believe.
    I never understood how you guys were hoping he'd replace McClain when he couldn't even get on the field ? McClain has been playing, Curry was struggling to overcome a bad injury. How would he replace anyone without a training camp & missing the first 6-8 games ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    I never understood how you guys were hoping he'd replace McClain when he couldn't even get on the field ? McClain has been playing, Curry was struggling to overcome a bad injury. How would he replace anyone without a training camp & missing the first 6-8 games ?
    Have you watched McClain play? Talk about bad instincts and lack of quickness...As big of a bust as Curry is, McClain isn't far behind.

Regardless if he missed camp it isn't like Curry hasn't been studying the playbook, breaking down film, etc. His knees were bad, the guy wasn't in a coma.

Also, McClain lacks hustle and is obviously immature with his antics off the field. Curry seems to be a guy deeply rooted in faith. That obviously doesn't make you a great player, but I would say he is a higher character person, who could be some type of a vocal leader.
    Last edited by skyleralan; 11-20-2012 at 04:02 PM.

15. 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM
    Reason

16. 11-20-2012, 04:10 PM
    Reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skyleralan View Post
    Have you watched McClain play? Talk about bad instincts and lack of quickness...As big of a bust as Curry is, McClain isn't far behind.

Regardless if he missed camp it isn't like Curry hasn't been studying the playbook, breaking down film, etc. His knees were bad, the guy wasn't in a coma.

Also, McClain lacks hustle and is obviously immature with his antics off the field. Curry seems to be a guy deeply rooted in faith. That obviously doesn't make you a great player, but I would say he is a higher character person, who could be some type of a vocal leader.
    I can't say he isn't far behind since Curry is 26, & McClain is still only 23. Apples to Oranges. Can't compare that. Let's compare when McClain hits 26.

Curry played SAM at Wake Forest & they've tried him everywhere in the NFL. It hasn't worked out.

McClain played ILB in a 3/4 scheme at Alabama. Al Davis played him at MLB, in a 4/3, and asked him to cover man to man....something McClain never did in college. How's that suppose to work ?

He's as big as an offensive guard for goodness sakes.

vCash
    i do not understand why we didnt do this before we ended up taking a cap hit if this was the plan.... thats the part that baffles me. On a side note he was my favorite of all our linebackers however our defense is absolutely horrendous so each cut makes me happy

vCash
    i would not be surprised to see curry start on a good team and have himself a good career, just isnt in oakland

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Miller has been great? Plus we never gave up a 5th and 7th.
    Miller has been great ?

23 catches, 285 yards, 1 fumble, & 1 TD is great ?

You never gave up a 5th or 7th, but you gave him 34 million over 5 years with 17 M guaranteed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Miller has been great? Plus we never gave up a 5th and 7th.
    I like Miller but I don't think great is a word that comes to mind since he left us. What did he get last season 200 yards for the year? Also how about Gallery how is that working out for you?

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast